2022 Olympics Team Event Day3: Pairs Free Skate | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics Team Event Day3: Pairs Free Skate

s_parks

Record Breaker
Jeez, I'm really questioning the decision to have M/G do both segments...would not want to skate both if I were a top contender for the main event.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I don't want you to eat your socks, And it COULD happen, But only If Karen Chen comes in dead last to Kaori's 2nd,
And Chock and Bates come in third behind the Russians and Canadians, Any other scenarios and the US wins,
Either by points or on a tie breaker since Japan has no 1st places yet
Actually Japan won yesterday's men's event but the U.S. has two so they beat them there

ffloweer

Rinkside
Country
Argentina
A pretty great first group, and a weird last group. I really hope M/G are ok! Everyone was a little off in the second group, it made for some unexpected results. I hope they can all show us better skates in the individual event.

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
Jeez, I'm really questioning the decision to have M/G do both segments...would not want to skate both if I were a top contender for the main event.
There wouldn´t have been any harm for Russia, if T/M or B/K have skated in pairs. I hope that decision won´t hurt M/G in the individual event.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
he was a pairs skater.. he is very knowledgeable seriously... you don't have to agree with him. That death spiral position is not making many friends you know
Still he doesn't have to be a complete a-hole, it's nasty and there's no reason for it.

Every other commentator mentioned how difficult it is to do. How dare he trash P/J for doing the hardest content they can.

And I don't care to make friends with those who think that sort of commentary is amusing or acceptable.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
M/G were underwhelming and exceedingly slow. Their program is boring, and they experienced a fall which should have dropped their score more than it did. They also don't deserve the PCS they got. J/R were underscored. M/K were so-so. K/F faltered, and they can't afford the types of mistakes Alexa made.

I would have preferred seeing Ash/Timothy in the fp. With what I saw here tonight, A&T at their best could have come in second, at least. What a complete downer.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Still he doesn't have to be a complete a-hole, it's nasty and there's no reason for it.

Every other commentator mentioned how difficult it is to do. How dare he trash P/J for doing the hardest content they can.

And I don't care to make friends with those who think that sort of commentary is amusing or acceptable.
he also mentioned how hard it is... as i said in the original post. He said it is extremely difficult, and very rarely used.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker

Same here. They were beaten by Sui/Han in the short and then had struggles and a fall on a lift. Their momentum has effectively been stalled now, providing a huge window for Sui/Han to step through with the gold.

xesmeraude

Spectator
Omg, I didn’t read anything here and saw the M/G fall spoiler-free and was shocked. Hoping they are healthy and doesn’t shake them up for individual event.

So math-wise, as long as USA beats Japan by 2 spots in Ice Dance, Karen can come in 4th and still USA gets silver?

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
Same here. They were beaten by Sui/Han in the short and then had struggles and a fall on a lift. Their momentum has effectively been stalled now, providing a huge window for Sui/Han to step through with the gold.
Well the SP was actually a good result for them. They were only 0.2 points behind S/H. At the world championships it were 4 points.

Axel Rose

On the Ice
I thought it was a good decision. The pairs event is last and given their past results, they deserve to skate both segments if they want to.

But now with the fall, I wonder if it will shake their confidence. His especially. She was acting playfully that she made an error (the commentator on my stream said it was his error) and looks like she will be fine mentally, but he looked discouraged, a bit in shock.

Time to sprinkle that Moskvina magic.