2022 Olympics Team Event Day3: Pairs Free Skate | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics Team Event Day3: Pairs Free Skate

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
I watched the replay and he looked a bit off today. His jumps, spins, and spirals are not like usual 😥
I thought the same. Don´t know what was wrong today. He tapes is wirst since NHK and apparently he has an injury there. But in the SP he looked okay. So probably something else was not right today.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
The pairs FS segment was a bit volatile... hopefully the FD won't be! I've had enough excitement for one afternoon.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
he also mentioned how hard it is... as i said in the original post. He said it is extremely difficult, and very rarely used.
And then he said they did it unsuccessfully and ugly, which isn't even true.

I'm sorry I don't mean to take my anger out on you, you didn't say it.

But I hate hate hate that sort of back-handed remark "It's hard and you suck at it too, so you're doubly stupid for trying it".

I bet it's David Pelletier commentating I always thought he had nasty streak.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
yup... he went on and on saying : it doesn't even look like a spiral at this point... like she is running around him instead of gliding.. he was not impressed. He also said James and Radford were much better than the Chinese... but of course, he works for CBC ... i prefered James and Radford personally because i felt P/J were very shaky while J/R did okay performance wise
Clearly, James/ Radford deserved to be ahead of Peng/Jin. How disappointing and underwhelming this team event is turning out to be. Yuk!

With the questionable judging, I'm gonna guess there will be more of same in the individual pairs event.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Same here. They were beaten by Sui/Han in the short and then had struggles and a fall on a lift. Their momentum has effectively been stalled now, providing a huge window for Sui/Han to step through with the gold.
I don't think a simple flawed skate in the fs for M/G would have changed things much, but Galliamov looked like he hit the ice hard. Really hope it's not a concussion and he was just shaken in the moment. But anyways, it's just too disadvantageous stamina-wise as well (besides momentum); doing four skates in total...with the two important ones after team. :palmf:

badknees

Medalist
M/G were underwhelming and exceedingly slow. Their program is boring, and they experienced a fall which should have dropped their score more than it did. They also don't deserve the PCS they got. J/R were underscored. M/K were so-so. K/F faltered, and they can't afford the types of mistakes Alexa made.

I would have preferred seeing Ash/Timothy in the fp. With what I saw here tonight, A&T at their best could have come in second, at least. What a complete downer.
Why didn't Ash/Timothy skate the free?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

I'm sorry I don't mean to take my anger out on you, you didn't say it.

But I hate hate hate that sort of back-handed remark "It's hard and you suck at it too, so you're doubly stupid for trying it".

I bet it's David Pelletier commentating I always thought he had nasty streak.
it is not david pelletier.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
There wouldn´t have been any harm for Russia, if T/M or B/K have skated in pairs. I hope that decision won´t hurt M/G in the individual event.

I would imagine that Aleksander might need some attendance as even though he did (almost) everything right
he did not look fully present from the get go, so given Russia's leverage i'm not sure why they decided to put him through this.

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am inclined to not be worried about Mishina and Galliamov. I see them as the strongest and most consistent of all the pairs teams. I think the team event is more stressful than the individual event for these skaters and it’s better they had a mistake now when Russia is so far ahead than for it to happen in the individual pairs event.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Same here. They were beaten by Sui/Han in the short and then had struggles and a fall on a lift. Their momentum has effectively been stalled now, providing a huge window for Sui/Han to step through with the gold.
Maybe? They still scored 0.09 above S/H best FS this season. But it is a warning not to mess it up, but they made a mistake in the segment they could.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
it is not david pelletier.
Well, it's no one I want to know, I bet he'll be just charming to the lower ranked teams in the individual event.

Because mocking struggling teams sounds like it would totally be this guys jam.

I'm glad I have Olly and Belinda.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
And I for one would feel so much more confident if we had Hubbell & Donohue in the free; they were on fire in the RD and I kind of thought at the time—why mess with success?

But I am not Team USA, obviously :)
Seriously? There's less reason to be worried about C/B skating in ice dance FD, than there is good reason to be a bit anxious about Karen going again in the women's fp.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Well, it's no one I want to know, I bet he'll be just charming to the lower ranked teams in the individual event.

Because mocking struggling teams sounds like it would totally be this guys jam.

I'm glad I have Olly and Belinda.
you know, I love Belinda, I find her super entertaining and knowledgeable, but she's been throwing a lot of shade too :) Not everyone is Ted Barton.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France

Yes it is true. That death spiral from Peng/Jin shouldn't even qualify as an element; there should be a minimum requirement for how low towards the ice the lady needs to be.