2022 Olympics Team Event Day3: Pairs Free Skate | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics Team Event Day3: Pairs Free Skate

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So should M/K have won this?
M/K should be absolutely proud of how much they have progressed from last season. From 10th in the world in 2021 to medaling at both their Grand Prix events to being Grand Prix Final finalists and to now being eventual Olympic team medalists and having a real chance to finish top 5 in the individual Olympic pairs event. These 2 are rockstars and I am so incredibly happy for them!

Last edited:

chooey

On the Ice
Country
Indonesia
I thought the same. Don´t know what was wrong today. He tapes is wirst since NHK and apparently he has an injury there. But in the SP he looked okay. So probably something else was not right today.
And me being superstitious want them to bring back the old FS costumes. Probably the old costumes bring them more luck.
The new costume is beautiful though.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
The pairs event is last of all, 12 days away almost two weeks, so if it's not a serious injury (hopefully not) then there is time for a mental recovery. They're tough fighters

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yikes, I screamed out loud when M/G fell. That is the first time I have ever seen them fall! Oh, goodness, my heart is racing, but everything was beautifully flawless to that point. Aww, love you guys and hope you are both okay!! <3
M/G have great technique, but they were slow and underwhelming. Their music does not suit them at all. The change to more colorful costumes is nice. But all the embiggening of this team is OTT. They are young, and they have more to do and to improve. I look forward to S/H prevailing in the singles event for gold. S/H have certainly contributed a lot and been through so much in pursuit of a gold medal.

J/R were apparently left off NBC broadcast with no explanation. I find that disgusting. Certainly, the judges kept J/R's scores slightly down. With the mistakes by P/J, J/R should have placed ahead, not one point behind. Sigh.

chooey

On the Ice
Country
Indonesia
I also think they’re going to bring back the old one. Moskvina also seems superstitious to me.
I hope they would get enough rest and medication.
Moskvina is on the way. She perhaps give them advice and support so we can see they facing S/H with clean skates.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
The pairs event is last of all, 12 days away almost two weeks, so if it's not a serious injury (hopefully not) then there is time for a mental recovery. They're tough fighters
M/G gave an interview afterwards. They weren't sure how the fall happened, but Sasha referred to the early start time.

So they are not really resting as I hoped...

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Why didn't Ash/Timothy skate the free?
The rules. Fed's can only switch out in two disciplines. Ideally, it would have been helpful had Nathan went twice, Mariah in both programs, H/D and C/B, and then K/F and Ash/Timothy in pairs.

The schedule was not conducive for Nathan going twice, which could have been on purpose by the organizing committee. Not calling a conspiracy, btw.

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
M/G gave an interview afterwards. They weren't sure how the fall happened, but Sasha referred to the early start time.

As far as I know, Sasha isn´t a morning person. So perhaps that was the reason, he was a bit off today.

chooey

On the Ice
Country
Indonesia

Sasha is not known as a morning person. Saw them cheering S/K is relieving

Cilla70

On the Ice
Olympic Ice on Peacock TV aired practice footage of a scary collision between Canadians James/Radford and Italians Della Monica/Guarise. Vanessa James really took the brunt of the collision blow and her face was really in agony as she was on the ice. Both teams were skating backwards at high speed and it reminded me of the collision at 1991 Worlds SP between Midori Ito and Laetitia Hubert where Ito famously skated outside the boards on her 3Lutz+2toe combo and ran into the camera man. Vanessa skated away in pain, but as of now James/Radford are still on the free program start list. Hopefully, she is not too badly hurt!
Nice to see both Teams handled the collision with grace. She had a much worst collision with a team at the 2019 World Championship during warm up before the start of the short program. Had to be helped off the ice. They were expected to make the podium but their performance was effected.