2023 U.S. Nationals | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
US Nats would never be held during (Gregorian calendar) Christmas; the schedule says late January?

I don't watch RusNats, and although I would love to watch Japanese Nats, the time of day and finding a stream is too hard.

Christmas is safe for me:LOL:

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
We'll we're starting early this year... It's only March!

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
lmao I'm so dumb this is really embarrassing. Apparently I can't read months properly. It is really late this year though, just about two weeks before 4CC
I think they generally hold US Nationals (same goes for Canadian Nationals, Euros, and 4CC) earlier on Olympic years.

Comparing the schedules:

US Nationals
2018: Dec 29 - Jan 8 OLYMPIC SEASON
2019:
Jan 19-27
2020: Jan 20-26
2021: Jan 11-21
2022: Jan 3-9 OLYMPIC SEASON

Euros
2018:
Jan 15-21 OLYMPIC SEASON
2019:
Jan 21-27
2020: Jan 20-26
2021: Jan 25-31 *scheduled*
2022: Jan 10-16 OLYMPIC SEASON

4CC
2018:
Jan 22-28 OLYMPIC SEASON
2019:
Feb 7-10
2020: Feb 4-9
2021: Feb 9-14 *scheduled*
2022: Jan 18-23 OLYMPIC SEASON

Canadian Nationals

2018:
Jan 8-14 OLYMPIC SEASON
2019:
Jan 13-20
2020: Jan 13-19
2021: Feb 8-14 *scheduled*
2022: Jan 6-12 Sr. Championships OLYMPIC SEASON

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've been to San Jose for Nationals twice, and I really like it. There's a hotel right near the arena---it's a quick 10 minute walk, and there's a Whole Foods near the hotel. The weather is great---not too cold.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
why do they keep giving nationals to san jose? they've had it 3 times in the last 10 years.

Well, Greensboro has had it twice since I've been attending. Some reasons: People (like me) seem to enjoy the weather there in January, compared to freezing places like St. Paul and Kansas City. And also, there's Southern hospitality. It's noticeable.

Chris Cooper has praised San Jose for the same reasons as chuckm did ^^^. I'd love for Detroit to get Nationals again soon. It's a really, really amazing facility. And anyone who needs special help is readily given it.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, Greensboro has had it twice since I've been attending. Some reasons: People (like me) seem to enjoy the weather there in January, compared to freezing places like St. Paul and Kansas City. And also, there's Southern hospitality. It's noticeable.

Chris Cooper has praised San Jose for the same reasons as chuckm did ^^^. I'd love for Detroit to get Nationals again soon. It's a really, really amazing facility. And anyone who needs special help is readily given it.
Detroit was amazing to be sure.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The website for 2023 U.S. Nationals is up

I am sorry but I am confused.....all I get is page not found. Didnt the program for Nats 22 say that 23 would be late January? When is Japanese Nats? Normally its around Christmas?
If anyone has more recent info than I about the Arena hotel, please share. When I called, they said check 3 month out from event. They were in grave danger of being sold out and possible torn down for another hotel or ?.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am sorry but I am confused.....all I get is page not found. Didnt the program for Nats 22 say that 23 would be late January? When is Japanese Nats? Normally its around Christmas?
If anyone has more recent info than I about the Arena hotel, please share. When I called, they said check 3 month out from event. They were in grave danger of being sold out and possible torn down for another hotel or ?.
The schedule was up but has been taken down.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
This was the schedule that was posted and then taken down for U. S. Nationals in San Jose:

Monday, Jan. 23, 2023
Official practice sessions - Junior

Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2023
Junior Pairs Short Program
Junior Men Short Program
Junior Rhythm Dance

Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2023
Junior Ladies Short Program
Junior Men Free Skate
Junior Pairs Free Skate
Junior Free Dance

Thursday, Jan. 26, 2023
Junior Ladies Free Skate
Championship Pairs Short Program
Championship Ladies Short Program

Friday, Jan. 27, 2023
Championship Rhythm Dance
Championship Ladies Free Skate

Saturday, Jan. 28, 2023
Championship Men Short Program
Championship Pairs Free Skate
Championship Free Dance

Sunday, Jan. 29, 2023
Championship Men Free Skate
Prevagen Skating Spectacular

Of course it also noted that it was tentative and subject to change, so keep that in mind.