2024 U.S.Nationals Practice Reports | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S.Nationals Practice Reports

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Again, this isn't going to be up forever, but here's the link from yesterday's ice dance practice.

Edit: Hey @moonvine just saw on Twitter that Jackie is going to have Gracie as a guest during the broadcast of men's practice today.
For others who might be interested, he's got Jason Brown lined up as a guest, too.
So this will also be on youtube? Ready for me to see on Sunday :)

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
So this will also be on youtube? Ready for me to see on Sunday :)
Yep, Men's practice will end up on Youtube for a bit, too. I haven't really looked to see how long they've left up the practice vids. I've watched the parts I've wanted to watch, and then not given it another glance.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Awwww. He's actually doing POTO as his long. I just don't know what is going on.

Maybe he's thinking the podium here is out of reach, and they're unlikely to get to him at 4CC as third alternate... and this might be the season for him... and he'll just completely ham it up.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe he's thinking the podium here is out of reach, and they're unlikely to get to him at 4CC as third alternate... and this might be the season for him... and he'll just completely ham it up.
I sure hope not. He’s said he’s in it til the Olympics.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jackie says Jimmy looks the best he has all year. I tweeted him to not jinx him. He praised Sam Mindra. Sam is slightly injured and considered withdrawing. Unfortunately he’s been working on the 3A for several years which isn’t a great sign.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Yep, Men's practice will end up on Youtube for a bit, too. I haven't really looked to see how long they've left up the practice vids. I've watched the parts I've wanted to watch, and then not given it another glance.
Actually it's men's practice I want to watch. Labgoat has posted the link, but :tantrum:

'Video unavailable
This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds'

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Actually it's men's practice I want to watch. Labgoat has posted the link, but :tantrum:

'Video unavailable
This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds'
They had the music issue before I went to bed last night, but they've fixed it now. I'm currently watching it.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Well that was quick, it worked when I posted it. Sorry folks- I tried.
Not your fault of course :)
It's fine now. I'm currently watching it. :)
Not fine for me. Probably someone in Sweden protests against some music being played(Iwonder which music?). I watched women's practice with Jackie and Polina. It was great listening to them, getting insights from a US figure skating fan and a former skater. As men is my favorite discipline I was really looking forward to Jackie and Gracie.

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Not fine for me. Probably someone in Sweden protests against some music being played(Iwonder which music?). I watched women's practice with Jackie and Polina. It was great listening to them, getting insights from a US figure skating fan and a former skater. As men is my favorite discipline I was really looking forward to Jackie and Gracie.
If you use a VPN to watch other skating, you could try that.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Hard to tell from practice what’s happening in the real competition. Jason a bit insecure on jumps, but he’ll do fine in competition I’m sure. Ilia didn’t jump, focused on steps… Andrew did his most difficult jumps I think and a lot more, wow he’s my favorite after Ilia… Tomoki messy quad then not showing much… Jimmy looking better than ever!… Camden marking jumps..

…and the real competition starts now.

Gracie about what her coach Frank said to her before a skate… we were’nt big talkers. She talked about her book though, coming feb 6. And that she was at a library answering questions about it :)