Nathan Chen | Page 1075 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

journalist101

On the Ice
A new article from Phil Hersh:

In return to Yale, Nathan Chen goes back to his future - Nathan talks about taking a family vacation with four siblings and how he struggled on the Lutz-Toe combo in the short.

sheetz

Record Breaker
Media coverage of today's Nathan Chen Day proclamation:

Nathan spoke to the Orange County register in advance of this weekend's Anaheim show

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good to see another Chicagoan on here besides you, Maryg and I. And hello to Lulu too.
Another Chicago area person here! I didn't make the trek to the United Center from the boonies but heard it was a great show...Received a text from my cousin that a friend of hers entered some sweepstakes? contest? and won tickets to the show and a personal Meet & Greet with Nathan! She was thrilled! She had a great time and loves the signed poster she received.

Nathan poster.jpg

reader3

Chicago Lady
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Another Chicago area person here! I didn't make the trek to the United Center from the boonies but heard it was a great show...Received a text from my cousin that a friend of hers entered some sweepstakes? contest? and won tickets to the show and a personal Meet & Greet with Nathan! She was thrilled! She had a great time and loves the signed poster she received.

View attachment 5281
Greetings and thanks for sharing!!

Last edited:

lulugal

Spectator

View attachment 5281
Yay! Welcome! Thanks for sharing…what a lucky gal!! 😍

I’m not that familiar with how Stars on Ice works but what’s the likelihood that Nathan will still do these shows if he retires? I know Mirai Nagasaki did it this year and other skaters in the past who have continued doing SOI but just wondering if everyone thinks Nathan will even if it’s just for one year. I’d love to go see him live again and maybe if I’m lucky enough- nab one of those meet and greet passes!🙏

sheetz

Record Breaker

I’m not that familiar with how Stars on Ice works but what’s the likelihood that Nathan will still do these shows if he retires? I know Mirai Nagasaki did it this year and other skaters in the past who have continued doing SOI but just wondering if everyone thinks Nathan will even if it’s just for one year. I’d love to go see him live again and maybe if I’m lucky enough- nab one of those meet and greet passes!🙏

I'd expect Nathan to continue doing shows when possible. When he was at Yale he wasn't able to commit to the full tour, however, and only performed in select cities.

Appears Nathan may be feeling a little better and is starting to attempt harder jumps like 3A in practice:
He also seemed quite pumped up during the show.

Tai Babilonia, who attended the Anaheim show, had this to say about Nathan:
https://twitter.com/taiskates/status/1528397458287448065

During the M&G he told a fan that his favorite element is the backflip (to nobody's surprise).

Another fan took a photo of the announcement board dedicated to Nathan at Salt Lake FSC.

lulugal

Spectator
I'd expect Nathan to continue doing shows when possible. When he was at Yale he wasn't able to commit to the full tour, however, and only performed in select cities.

Appears Nathan may be feeling a little better and is starting to attempt harder jumps like 3A in practice:
He also seemed quite pumped up during the show.

Tai Babilonia, who attended the Anaheim show, had this to say about Nathan:
https://twitter.com/taiskates/status/1528397458287448065

During the M&G he told a fan that his favorite element is the backflip (to nobody's surprise).

Another fan took a photo of the announcement board dedicated to Nathan at Salt Lake FSC.
Thank you- good to know!

Appreciate all these updates you always have of Nathan as well! So happy to see him all pumped up!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

I’m not that familiar with how Stars on Ice works but what’s the likelihood that Nathan will still do these shows if he retires? I know Mirai Nagasaki Nagasu did it this year and other skaters in the past who have continued doing SOI but just wondering if everyone thinks Nathan will even if it’s just for one year. I’d love to go see him live again and maybe if I’m lucky enough- nab one of those meet and greet passes!🙏
The tour actually started as a pro tour LOL! Anyway, the odds are very good. Many skaters have and still do skate in it as pros and for many years at that. Also, fixed that name up in your post for you ;) .

lulugal

Spectator
The tour actually started as a pro tour LOL! Anyway, the odds are very good. Many skaters have and still do skate in it as pros and for many years at that. Also, fixed that name up in your post for you ;) .
Thanks for the info! So happy to hear! I’ve been watching ice skating for years on and off (mainly for Michelle Kwan and Nathan) but I never really paid too much attention to anything else. I was actually confused when my friend told me I needed Peacock to watch Worlds (what happened to local channels?! Lol). Since Nathan didn’t compete, it all worked out for me! 🤷🏻‍♀️

And thanks for the correction- I need to turn off autocorrect on my phone! 😝 😳

journalist101

On the Ice