2022-23 Russian Pairs Figure skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Russian Pairs Figure skating

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
There was Moskvina's master class today

Kadyrova/Kolesov's SP music is Carmen. No video yet, but Match says they skated with mistakes.

Moskvina's comment about it:
The first pancake is always lumpy. A partner is a crystal vase that should be protected otherwise she will go to another partner.

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia

Kadyrova/Kolesov's SP music is Carmen. No video yet, but Match says they skated with mistakes.

The first pancake is always lumpy. A partner is a crystal vase that should be protected otherwise she will go to another partner.

hanca

Record Breaker

Is she implying that Balchenko was not treating Kadyrova like a crystal vase and that’s why she left him? Otherwise I don’t know what is the relevance to her commenting about their skating.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
I don't know if "she" is particularly a correct translation, it could also be referring to Kolesov with the way he treated either Akhanteva or Kadyrova, since he has long been perceived as the stronger partner in the AK partnership. But even had Balchenko treated her like a crystal vase, it seems like Yasmina has grown even more now, and far outgrown the parameters of height that he can safely handle.

hanca

Record Breaker
I don't know if "she" is particularly a correct translation, it could also be referring to Kolesov with the way he treated either Akhanteva or Kadyrova, since he has long been perceived as the stronger partner in the AK partnership. But even had Balchenko treated her like a crystal vase, it seems like Yasmina has grown even more now, and far outgrown the parameters of height that he can safely handle.
It is the correct translation. The term ‘partner’ has slightly different ending for males and females in Russian language, so she is definitely saying ‘a female partner should be treated as a glass vase otherwise she will go to another male partner’. So she is implying that the reason why one of the partnerships (Akhanteva/Kolesov or Kadyrova/Balchenko) split was because Balchenko or Kolesov did not treat their previous partner well, and that’s why Akhanteva or Kadyrova ended the partnership. Considering that she is saying it while she is there with Kadyrova/Kolesov, it makes more sense that she is talking about Kadyrova leaving Balchenko and going to Kolesov, rather than about Akhanteva. Why talk about Akhanteva if she is not even there? And even if Akhanteva left Kolesov, we haven’t heard yet that she has found another partner yet.

Besides, I don’t think that the reason for Kadyrova/Balchenko’s split is that she has outgrown him. Don’t forget that some of Moskvina’s pairs have smaller height difference. Petushkova/Malikov, last season Storublievtseva/Griatsenko…

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Well every partnership is different. There is hope that Petushkova/Malikov can survive and become something like Boikova/Kozlovskii, and there was once the same hope for Storublevtseva/Gritsaenko. But that doesn't mean that Kadyrova/Balchenko would have also managed successfully. The risk for injury is, of course, significantly higher.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Or, if he is just waiting on someone specific, continuing with Geinish would have made sense with Plyushenko since she is a pretty good match artistically/temperament-wise and Plushenko likes skaters with easy flowing charisma. We’ll probably never know.
This thought just hit me: wasn't there a rumor that Khodykin wanted to go to school and retire from competing? Skating with Daria Pavliuchenko is quite an enticing prospects.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
This thought just hit me: wasn't there a rumor that Khodykin wanted to go to school and retire from competing? Skating with Daria Pavliuchenko is quite an enticing prospects.
Yes, that was what I was thinking about, but since P/Kh split didn’t happen, it’s hard to say. Perhaps, we’ll never know.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
Ivan Balchenko retired. Well, after Moskvina’s hints about the need to treat the female partner as a glass vase otherwise she will find another partner, I can’t make myself feel sorry that Balchenko will be gone.

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight
Yes, that was what I was thinking about, but since P/Kh split didn’t happen, it’s hard to say. Perhaps, we’ll never know.

I don't know how to post this properly (and I hope one of the more techie savvy GS peeps can 🤞 ), but if you've got Telegram look this up!!!
Super cute video from 1tv from Klimov Team training sesh, featuring Liza Tuktik :love2::love2::love2::love2::love2:

https://t.me/figureskating_1tv/44

Edit:

This might work better:
https://vk.com/fstop2020?z=video-185544959_456250318/fcab9086b7eb5706ca/pl_wall_-185544959
Great video thanks for posting.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Ivan Balchenko retired. Well, after Moskvina’s hints about the need to treat the female partner as a glass vase otherwise she will find another partner, I can’t make myself feel sorry that Balchenko will be gone.
Balchenko to media, 'I'm still a current athlete, I don't know where you got that from. I'm shocked myself, I have a million calls and messages from people I know. Yes, I went to the show as a choreographer to help with the staging and also to travel to other countries, to rest. Maybe I'll perform myself. Probably I'll compete next season. I don't have a partner at the moment as I'm on vacation and have taken a break to recover. I will be in Latin America until December, as I warned everyone, and then - we’ll see.

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
Update on Pavliuchenko/Khodykin and Khabibulina/Knyazhuk. They both train in the team of the coaches Dobroskokov and Roslyakov, but now both are preparing exclusively in the group of Roslyakov, without Dobroskov's participation.

Link 1
Link 2

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Update on Pavliuchenko/Khodykin and Khabibulina/Knyazhuk. They both train in the team of the coaches Dobroskokov and Roslyakov, but now both are preparing exclusively in the group of Roslyakov, without Dobroskov's participation.

Link 1
Link 2
Knyazhuk wrote on IG Stories that their coach is Dobroskokov. Match seems to have misunderstood Betina.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Balchenko to media, 'I'm still a current athlete, I don't know where you got that from. I'm shocked myself, I have a million calls and messages from people I know. Yes, I went to the show as a choreographer to help with the staging and also to travel to other countries, to rest. Maybe I'll perform myself. Probably I'll compete next season. I don't have a partner at the moment as I'm on vacation and have taken a break to recover. I will be in Latin America until December, as I warned everyone, and then - we’ll see.
And who would his options for a partnership be? I can think of Kostiukovich, though unless she has significantly improved her jumps and stamina in these past few months alone, then it would be wishful thinking of me. With his height (and speculated personality), there are limitations.