2022–23 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2022–23 Canadian Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

We may be acquiring a Russian defector of our very own (though apparently her family has moved here, so it's probably not a purely mercenary move). She has never appeared internationally for Russia. She made her domestic debut yesterday at the BC Summer Skate, protocols here.

These are some videos of her from Russian domestic comps last year:

Short program
Free skate

soccerjc77

On the Ice

We may be acquiring a Russian defector of our very own (though apparently her family has moved here, so it's probably not a purely mercenary move). She has never appeared internationally for Russia. She made her domestic debut yesterday at the BC Summer Skate, protocols here.

These are some videos of her from Russian domestic comps last year:

Short program
Free skate

Here it is Uliana is at 1:24:21
She is good ! I wonder why Canada have decide to take her ? Does her mother or her father is Canadian ?
If her transfer to Russia to Canada is accept, she will have a bright future here in Canada. I'm happy for this girl if she manage to have her Canadian citizens. And, I hope that other Russian skater have this opportunity to became Canadian citizen. :)

BearryBear

On the Ice
Country
Canada
She is good ! I wonder why Canada have decide to take her ? Does her mother or her father is Canadian ?
If her transfer to Russia to Canada is accept, she will have a bright future here in Canada. I'm happy for this girl if she manage to have her Canadian citizens. And, I hope that other Russian skater have this opportunity to became Canadian citizen. :)

I don’t believe her or her family currently have any ties to Canada. Which means she’ll have to earn citizenship the long way. I’m not even sure it’s even possible before the next Olympics especially with all the current delays in processing.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don’t believe her or her family currently have any ties to Canada. Which means she’ll have to earn citizenship the long way. I’m not even sure it’s even possible before the next Olympics especially with all the current delays in processing.
She could get it by the special route, if it came to that. The fed and the COC would make sure that got done if they thought they needed her.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I've read on another forum that her mother is Canadian?
Either way her skating is lovely, I enjoyed watching her free skate video.
Good luck to Uliana!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Just caught this vid of Soucisse/Firus new FD. Not sure what the music is. Looks very new, so I'm not sure how I feel about it either. But interesting choice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGwgMJUPKog
this was from CQÉ a couple weeks ago... so yeah.. it's very early in the season. I think they did well... my main problem with it and only problem i must say is that this sort of song with repetitive (and boring to me) piano accompaniment, is very rarely memorable. However, I do think they skate well to it... it is so far my favourite Canadian FD but of course, we have yet to see most of their competitors

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Re Uliana, I just wished she was not training at champs... she received unclear edges on both the flip and lutz jumps and I don't think champs is the best place to fix technical issues. Her skating is very "Russian" in style, especially the spins and step sequence. I wonder if they will change that. It's nice though to have another strong competitor to push our skaters. Welcome, Uliana.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
according to protocols as Skate Ontario wasn't smart enough to provide with live stream, Keegan seems committed to include the 4lz early on this season. I find this encouraging because at this point in his career, he has probably achieved his goals (competing at Olympics, winning national title etc)... and if he is continuing, my humble opinion is that he should keep challenging himself... otherwise, he could stall and lose motivation, especially with a baby at home... so go Keegan... you can land this quad lutz regularly !!! just do it ;)

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Not a lot to talk about from the first JGP. I liked some of the qualities of Veillon/Brandys, the younger ice dance team, but it's clearly early days for them.

EDIT: Of course, there was one Canadian team that did really well, but not under our flag. ;)

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Status
Not open for further replies.