2022–23 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2022–23 Canadian Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lili1122

Rinkside
I'm assuming there is no live stream for this competition?
It’s not a competition but a chance for the skaters to show their programs to the fed and receive feedback (and for Skate Canada to get a sense of how everyone’s doing?), so it’s not open to the public. So no livestream

yesterday

Record Breaker
Yeah would have been "fun" to have no stream for SkOnt Summer Sectionals but one here :devil:
Is this the event Ted Barton is doing (he did not travel to JGP this week)?

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm surprised no one has posted this yet.

I like Chloe better in her current partnership than when she skated with Benjamin Mimar. She always looked scared to me when performing with Ben. She looks more comfortable with Kieran.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
She actually did pairs skating a few years back so she should be familiar with the elements.
interesting. I didn't notice that. thanks for letting us know.. it does make even more sense... I remember Alison Schumacher doing pairs one year with Zach Daleman... it wasn't a great success but Zach was very new at pairs too... I wonder if Alison is "done with pairs for good" or if she would reconsider with an experienced partner... (not like there are tons going around)... I do not see personally Alison as a threat in women... but I enjoy her skating and presentation and with a great partner, if she were to get back to pairs, I would be very intrigued.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I'm surprised no one has posted this yet.

I like Chloe better in her current partnership than when she skated with Benjamin Mimar. She always looked scared to me when performing with Ben. She looks more comfortable with Kieran.

ITA that Chloe and Kieran are very well-matched physically and skill-wise. They are growing and learning well together. They are smooth and stylish together, but need to develop more consistency on the tougher elements. The mistakes are probably mostly due to competition nerves. Plus, they are likely still working on fine-tuning advanced technical difficulty and improving their twist. Nonetheless, they have great basics and lovely presentation skills. They are a very enjoyable team to watch.

Even when they first paired, I could see that Chloe seemed happier and more comfortable with Kieran. OTOH, I wouldn't say she looked 'scared' with Ben, just tense and nervous. She rarely smiled. They never seemed to be a good match physically. And maybe they didn't have a good personal vibe either. Who knows? Did Chloe also change coaches when she paired with Kieran? Lots of factors are involved in a good fit happening.

I also think Ben and Brooke make a much better pair together than with their former partners. Their body types and skating styles are so well-suited, plus they are both equally technically proficient. They are still young, so artistic maturity and a unique style hopefully will develop in time.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
She actually did pairs skating a few years back so she should be familiar with the elements.
Yes, I see that Lia skated novice pairs with James Robart-Morgan during 2017 - 2018 season. They were 9th in novice pairs at 2018 Cdn Nat'ls.

Lia has a delightful personality. She spoke with P.J. Kwong and co-host on an episode of the Skate Ontario #3Turn3 podcast earlier this year, prior to Junior Worlds. The pre-recorded interview with Lia starts several minutes into the podcast:

Reverie

On the Ice
interesting. I didn't notice that. thanks for letting us know.. it does make even more sense... I remember Alison Schumacher doing pairs one year with Zach Daleman... it wasn't a great success but Zach was very new at pairs too... I wonder if Alison is "done with pairs for good" or if she would reconsider with an experienced partner... (not like there are tons going around)... I do not see personally Alison as a threat in women... but I enjoy her skating and presentation and with a great partner, if she were to get back to pairs, I would be very intrigued.
Not sure how "final" this final list is for Skate Ontario that was posted, but sadly Alison is not listed as a singles senior female skater either. I can only imagine being one of the national team members for Skate Canada is exciting but also mentally exhausting.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Not sure how "final" this final list is for Skate Ontario that was posted, but sadly Alison is not listed as a singles senior female skater either. I can only imagine being one of the national team members for Skate Canada is exciting but also mentally exhausting.
ermm.. maybe it's not final...? Piper and Paul are not listed either....

The other explanation for Alison would be a change of coaches in another province and selecting to enter the sectionals/challenge representing another province/club... but I doubt that's the case for Piper and Paul.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Alison wasn't at high performance camp either... (nor was Gabby but we know Gabby has been in a car accident and is just starting to skate again).... while Piper and Paul were listed at high performance camp.

Alison did compete at Cranberry earlier this summer though

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It also has Canadian GP entries in one handy place. I expect they will be updating this page as entries to more events are announced.
indeed.. those were already there... challengers were announced recently only

Status
Not open for further replies.