28藤 沼 聖 空Seira Fujinuma41.07
29柚 木 心 春Koharu Yonoki39.14
30吉 本 玲Rei Yoshimoto38.00
FS Results
FS Protocols

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Congratulations to the top placing skaters, everyone did their best!
Top 8 skaters will be invited to Nationals, and assuming Mao potentially obtains one of the JWC spots.
The Junior National champion is automatically assigned to Junior Worlds (providing they are age eligible)
So Mao is guaranteed a spot ☺️

hermine17

Final Flight
The JGP girls really proved that they had deserved their spots. Yurina, Yo and Haruna will be ones to watch out for next year.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
The final battle for the second JWC spot would be Nationals. It looks like it’s between Chiba and Nakai. It will be a strong team either way.

The good and surprising news is that Yoshida didn’t compete here. This means that if she lands on the podium at Nationals, she’ll go to Senior Worlds after all.

Sending her to Junior Worlds would have been a waste because there’s two other junior girls that could do just as good as she could and two others that would do more than enough to gain that third spot.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
If Hanna comes at nationals with a triple axel in the short (most probably) and another triple axel in the free(likely) and she goes clean, there is no way she doesn't get a spot at worlds, I predict she will finish at the podium at nationals and she could be sent to 4cc and another comp before worlds to get more experience and for her components mark to rise

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
Sorry, everyone
I ran out of storage on my laptop again and needed to make space before I could start processing video

Only clip ready to view for now is Mao's FS
I promise to get right back on it as soon as I get home from work (in about 10 hours from now)

I'll put a link here for now then add it to a new post with other videos later

Mao Shimada 2022 Junior National Championship FS
Ami Nakai 2022 Junior National Championship FS

Edit: As I'm rewatching KnC footage (in order to cut) I'm realizing almost everyone was disappointed with their performance (Haruya Sasaki and Mone being the only exceptions so far)

Last edited:

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
@tsuyoboogie thanks for the updates. I ended up falling asleep 😴😴 sometime during the second last group. It is so difficult catching up on skating till 3am the past few days and dirt took a toll on me. I just woke up and realized I missed the competition.

Congrats to Mao. When I was looking at your updates, my biggest fear was her falling on the 3A and 4T in this competition. I saw fall on 3A right away and got nervous for her. This girl has nerves of steel. She deserves to go to Junior Worlds. She will ensure three spots for Japan next year.

The top five that were selected to the Junior Grand Prix circuit were the class of the field. They were 20 points clear of the field! 😳

Mone was clean and peaked here. When she is clean, she is dangerous because she has the best PCS. Good redemption skate.

Ami…. The fall on the 3Lo cost her. But, her 3A has become solid. At Senior Nationals, she should go for a 3A in the short and perhaps add another one to her free skate. She is a solid choice for that second JWC spot.

Also, please remember that last year, they went with Rion after this competition and then chose the highest junior eligible athlete, after Senior Nationals…. Rinka (6th). So, Hanna, if she doesn’t qualify for Senior WC, she could get a spot. There are others like Rino, Mana, Rion from the Senior Circuit who can get this spot. Personally, based on the year, I’m hoping it will be Kaori, Mai and Hanna for Senior Worlds. With Ami or Mone (higher finisher at Nationals being given the JWC spot). But, I’m going to wait till after Nationals. I wonder if Mao will win Nationals. Also, Rion with her 4T, Rinka with her 3A and I have a weird feeling Mana will be back with her 3A, as well, can all surprise. Nationals will be an interesting competition.

Ikura was the biggest surprise here… given how she did at Sectionals. She just secured a spot to the Junior Circuit next year along with Ayumi. Ayumi was my dark horse pick for bronze here.

Yo and Yurina look secure the two Junior spots that will no doubt, open up next year. With Haruna waiting….

Last edited:

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Sorry, everyone
I ran out of storage on my laptop again and needed to make space before I could start processing video

Only clip ready to view for now is Mao's FS
I promise to get right back on it as soon as I get home from work (in about 10 hours from now)

I'll put a link here for now then add it to a new post with other videos later

Mao Shimada 2022 Junior National Championship FS
Ami Nakai 2022 Junior National Championship FS

Edit: As I'm rewatching KnC footage (in order to cut) I'm realizing almost everyone was disappointed with their performance (Haruya Sasaki and Mone being the only exceptions so far)
No wonder with japan underscoring it's own skaters as well

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
So, Hanna, if she doesn’t qualify for Senior WC, she could get a spot. There are others like Rino, Mana, Rion from the Senior Circuit who can get this spot. Personally, based on the year, I’m hoping it will be Kaori, Mai and Hanna for Senior Worlds. With Ami or Mone (higher finisher at Nationals being given the JWC spot). But, I’m going to wait till after Nationals. I wonder if Mao will win Nationals. Also, Rion with her 4T, Rinka with her 3A and I have a weird feeling Mana will be back with her 3A, as well, can all surprise. Nationals will be an interesting competition.

This, and the stacked field in Men, makes me wish JSF finally assigned two completely different teams to 4CC and WC. The depth they have is incredible, and it must be so frustrating for those left at home, when their skills are good not far behind the top 3, and enough to give the best overseas skaters a run for their money.

yesterday

Record Breaker
Wow, I had a blast reading the comps in time lapse here :bow:
great results and some fierce skating, I hope I can watch everything soon!

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This, and the stacked field in Men, makes me wish JSF finally assigned two completely different teams to 4CC and WC. The depth they have is incredible, and it must be so frustrating for those left at home, when their skills are good not far behind the top 3, and enough to give the best overseas skaters a run for their money.
I know. I wish JSF had a rule that allowed for the athlete that just missed being selected, to go to 4CC. Last year, I enjoyed watching the 4-6 Japanese skaters go to 4CC.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
The following Jr. skaters are invited to All Japan Nationals:

Men:
Nozomu Yoshioka
Takeru Amin Kataise
Haruya Sasaki
Shusuke Nakamura
Rio Nakata
Haru Kakiuchi
Tsudoi Suto
Seigo Tauchi

Women:
Mao Shimada
Mone Chiba
Ami Nakai
Ikura Kushida
Ayumi Shibayama
Yurina Okuno
Yo Takagi
Haruna Murakami

Pair:
Haruna Murakami/Sumitada Moriguchi

Congratulations to the above skaters!
1669599241302.png
Source: https://twitter.com/online_on_ice/status/1596875428840755200?s=20&t=koyrA7yhsvfqqAHOy7wXlg

yesterday

Record Breaker
The following Jr. skaters are invited to All Japan Nationals:

Men:
Nozomu Yoshioka
Takeru Amin Kataise
Haruya Sasaki
Shusuke Nakamura
Rio Nakata
Haru Kakiuchi
Tsudoi Suto
Seigo Tauchi

Women:
Mao Shimada
Mone Chiba
Ami Nakai
Ikura Kushida
Ayumi Shibayama
Yurina Okuno
Yo Takagi
Haruna Murakami

Pair:
Haruna Murakami/Sumitada Moriguchi

Congratulations to the above skaters!
View attachment 6071
Source: https://twitter.com/online_on_ice/status/1596875428840755200?s=20&t=koyrA7yhsvfqqAHOy7wXlg
The boys should learn how to mirror :ROFLMAO:
But wow - I mean, they are not tall in general, but Rio is minuscule then :jaw:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
BTW, I just want to add a quick note about the selection of 4CC representatives: of course JSF has the selection criteria. But other than that, from the past experience (and also my understanding) is that, skaters will be provided with a 'chance' (like via a survey) to express their preferences for attending 4CC, prior to the National competitions. In other words, skaters can opt for NOT participating in 4CC, should they be selected after the Nationals.

But in most of the cases, when top placing skaters get the spot to WC, they will also have checked 4CC anyway. I think this is the main reason why we often get repetitions in the 4CC/WC representative lists. I don't think that has to do with JSF having preference over certain skaters; they simple do the assignment starting from the top-placing skaters based on the National's results. The only exception is during the Olympic season, when more top skaters will opt for skipping 4CC.

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
Junior Women FS video
Links to Junior Women SP video can be found on page 6, post #114

Final PlacementFS ScoreFinal ScoreFS MusicChoreographer
1Mao Shimada132.67199.19PassepiedLori Nichol
2Mone Chiba127.43193.15Butterfly Lovers’ Violin ConcertoKenji Miyamoto
3Ami Nakai125.58190.70Miss SaigonKenji Miyamoto
4Ikura Kushida121.97184.29Samson And DelilahCathy Reed
5Ayumi Shibayama118.89184.28TurandotCathy Reed
6Yurina Okuno105.87166.32RiverdanceKenji Miyamoto
7Yo Takagi104.63166.07Mask of ZorroKenji Miyamoto
8Haruna Murakami106.13163.65AustraliaCathy Reed
9Noa Hozumi104.25161.47CinderellaMio Sato
10Kaoruko Wada101.21158.58Masquerade WaltzMihoko Higuchi, Yuko Hongo,
Machiko Yamada
11Sae Shimizu99.12150.89Un SospiroCathy Reed
12Riria Kono (Novice)95.91149.96The Firebird SuiteCathy Reed
13Rena Uezono (Novice)92.82148.99Backstage RomanceMihoko Higuchi
14Kei Yamada95.27144.03Don't Rain On My ParadeCathy Reed
15Mayuko Oka (Novice)90.00142.99Scheherazade伊藤 高菜, Masami Yamada

OksVin

Rinkside
Sorry for the delay~
Got distracted with GP Espoo Men's FS 😅

Junior Men SP video
PlacementSP ScoreSP MusicChoreographer
1Takeru Amine Kataise83.27YoshitsuneKohei Yoshino
2Nozomu Yoshioka71.84MalaguenaKenji Miyamoto
3Shunsuke Nakamura70.28EL ConquistadorCathy Reed
4Haruya Sasaki67.31Steamroller BluesCathy Reed
5Ryusei Kikuchi63.92Uncontrollable Evil ExtendedYukihiro Komaba
6Haru Kakiuchi63.26LibertangoKenji Miyamoto
7Rio Nakata60.79BelieverEiki Hattori
8Sena Takahashi (Novice)60.65TuckerCathy Reed
9Tsudoi Suto57.96Per TeKenji Miyamoto
10Ryoga Morimoto57.86NemesisCathy Reed
11Kazuhiro Nakura56.37La Campanella
12Taiga Nishino (Novice)55.28StampedeMisao Sato

I have more Jr Men's SPs to share but will move on to other video from Competiton Day 2 (FD, Pair FS and Jr Women SP)
I couldn't watch Ryoga Morimoto's short program, "there is no such video" :frown:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
BTW, I just want to add a quick note about the selection of 4CC representatives: of course JSF has the selection criteria. But other than that, from the past experience (and also my understanding) is that, skaters will be provided with a 'chance' (like via a survey) to express their preferences for attending 4CC, prior to the National competitions. In other words, skaters can opt for NOT participating in 4CC, should they be selected after the Nationals.

But in most of the cases, when top placing skaters get the spot to WC, they will also have checked 4CC anyway. I think this is the main reason why we often get repetitions in the 4CC/WC representative lists. I don't think that has to do with JSF having preference over certain skaters; they simple do the assignment starting from the top-placing skaters based on the National's results. The only exception is during the Olympic season, when more top skaters will opt for skipping 4CC.

Interesting, thanks! I don't think JSF is selecting particular skaters for big events out of favoritism, but it's really unfortunate that these deep fields do not get big event opportunities other than the top 3-4, under normal circumstances. Especially this year, when Challenger assignments were almost non-existent, and were only given to a lucky handful. I would be much happier if the teams from deep fields (Russia, Japan, in some disciplines also US or Canada) were different for EC/4CC and WC.
But I realize it would come with the downside of the top skaters only having one chance at WC, and should they be unwell/injured, that could knock them down the WS a bit. But so much talent, and so few assignments, unlike the skaters from shallow fields, that's very frustrating to watch. :drama:

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
This, and the stacked field in Men, makes me wish JSF finally assigned two completely different teams to 4CC and WC. The depth they have is incredible
Agreed 1000%. I’ve been saying this the entire season. Four Japanese men just qualified for the GPF and this is with Hanyu’s retirement and Kagiyama’s withdrawal. Three Japanese women qualified.

For a few years now, JSF has sent top 3 to Worlds and 1, 2, 4 to 4CC and this is good practice, but now they should be a bit more strategic as the fields are deep. Skaters can’t get points for both Worlds and 4CC (only the highest of the two) so opportunities are literally wasted if you send skaters to both, especially the top skaters.

If say, Uno and Sakamoto bomb Worlds, they’ll still get a lot points for even 15th place and I doubt very much they’ll do that badly. So why send them to 4CC too?

Nationals is still in a month, but hypothetically speaking, let’s say the Nationals podium is the following:

Men: Uno, Kagiyama, Miura
Ladies: Sakamoto, Mihara, Yoshida

Maybe Uno prefers another head-to-head with Ilia (assuming he’s also there) before Worlds. Maybe Mihara prefers a chance to defend her title.

In this case, JSF should go with Uno’s and Mihara’s preferences, but select 4 and 5 at Nationals to 4CC. This will give the skaters who did very well this season another major international assignment. Who will make the top 5 at Nationals? Probably skaters like Yamamoto, Sato, Tsuboi, Sumiyoshi, Chiba, Watanabe. And I’m certainly not counting Rika out, either. All of them are capable of medaling at 4CC if they fall off the podium at Nationals. So send them and don’t shut them out!

Whew, I needed to get that off my chest.

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
I couldn't watch Ryoga Morimoto's short program, "there is no such video" :frown:
While I was working on the Junior Women's FS video post I changed Ryoga's SP link to a different file
The original video I uploaded was the uncompressed version (trying to conserve space in my drive)
I wonder if you tried to view the video at the same time I was updating the link?
When you have a chance please try the link again and let me know if it's still broken
Thank you so much
Sorry for the inconvinience