Andrei Mozalev | Page 51 | Golden Skate

Andrei Mozalev

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Andrei entered the Gala Competition 2023, we hope to see a great new show number!

Mosalebots, this thousandth post in the thread is a kind of sign, a very good and positive signal. I hope that everything will continue to go as well, and Andrei will qualify in all possible events 🍾🥂

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Russian figure skater Andrei Mozalev shared his experiences from participating in the Beijing Olympics.

"Well, I wasn't particularly afraid. It was clear that I went there not to fight for first places, but just to enjoy this Olympics as the first experience, to feel what the Olympics is. It was just something incredible for me when we got to the Olympic village.

The test in China? It was the worst test of all time. We were still waiting a long time, we weren't allowed to go out. There were apartments there, we couldn't go out until the stupid results came in. Everyone had already come, and we were hungry, but we couldn't even go out.

Who are we? The guys and I lived together. Zhenya, Mark, and I lived in an apartment. Feeling competitive inside? We were like one team back then. We skated for the same national team. We supported each other, after all, we were all for the first time at the Olympics. We were cheering. I used to walk and sit on the sofa in the box. Do you remember Kondratyuk`s short skating? Of course. Nervous. Did you have the feeling that he was shaking and so was everybody else? Yes.

Have you changed since the Olympics? My approaches have changed, but in general I cannot assess myself that way. That should be done by the people around me. Can I say, that I was the same before the Olympics, and I became different after the Olympics? No, I can't," said Mozalev on the podcast "Skating" on the "Championship".

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Russian figure skater Andrei Mozalev commented on his participation in the 2022 European Figure Skating Championships, where he took fourth place, leading after the short program.

"First, Zhenka [Semenenko] went to Europe instead of me. Misha [Kolyada] withdrew from there, I went. I literally found out the day before I left. Europe: successful or unsuccessful, what did I feel after that Europe? Half. I had a good short, but I was kind of nervous during the free skating, I don't know why. I had some silly thoughts. I didn't do the free skating very well.

I was first after the short. Three of us were 99 each. A small gold medal. So? It is on the shelf at home. In a noticeable place," said Mozalev on the podcast "Skate" on "Championship".

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Andrei Mozalev: There are three years before the Olympics, I understand that I need to act now

Russian figure skater Andrei Mozalev named his goal in the Championship podcast "Skating".

Andrey Mozalev: My goal is the Olympic gold. I understand that it's not much time left before the Olympics, we still have a lot to do and we have to act now. I had to start yesterday.

Ekaterina Bobrova: So you started yesterday when you won the World Junior Championship. The day before yesterday you won the Junior World Championships, yesterday you went to the first Olympics, and tomorrow... We have a strange situation, but there is a tendency that the IOC is not against the participation of athletes with Russian and Belarusian passports, but under the aegis of the IOC, no name, sexless performance. Will you be selected in such a case?

Andrei Mozalev: Of course. My goal is the Olympic gold, I repeat, everything else is secondary.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Full interview to "Championat" podkast.

00:20 The #Hodknock podcast in St. Petersburg. Guest Andrei Mozalev.
02:00 Beginning. Mom, Lisa and Andrei.
06:20 "I started to like myself on ice lately".
07:50 "I defeated Kagiyama everywhere as a junior".
09:15 "We skate all the time. And I always skate at my best in practice."
14:15 Programs this season. "If I like it, you can consider it halfway successful."
18:50 Dream Music. New program with old music.
20:45 "Old Soldier's Song" demonstration number and show in St. Petersburg for the 80th anniversary of the breakthrough of the siege of Leningrad.
23:40 Incident with laces in Samara and disbelief in omens.
30:20 The musical tastes of Andrei Mozalev.
33:00 All of Andrei Mozalev's successful productions are a great team effort.
36:00 Will Andrei surprise with a new quad in the Grand Prix Final?
37:00 European Championship and Olympic Games.
43:15 Andrei Mozalev's dream and goal
47:15 VOTING Should Mozalev leave his free skating program for next season?
51:15 "I don't feel like talking to journalists after the performance".
54:00 "I don't mind when my mom and sister support me on the stands".
58:00 "Beach volleyball, soccer. How does Andrei Mozalev like to relax?
59:25 Psychology books, "Avatar" and TV series.
01:04:00 PM A PROGRAMME FROM THE PAST by Mozalev. Yuzuru Hanyu's short program at the 2014 Olympics
01:05:00 Favorite figure skater - Plushchenko, and the fight between Plushchenko and Yagudin 20 years ago and now is very motivating
01:06:00 Playing "crocodile" with Andrei Mozalev

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
In today's interview, Andrei said that he would like to get a new program to the music of one of the programs he skated about 6 years ago (when he was 12 -14 years old).

What music and program do you think might have been renewed and revised with new choreography?
(I'm adding programs for ages 11-12 and 15-16, since Andrei is not very sure how many years have passed since then, 4-6-8).

A.

B.

C.

D.

E.

F.

J.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Andrei testing headphones with 4T

I think he got a new contract, which is very good news. If music is what Andrei lives every day, then headphones are a natural part of his daily routine, and he pays a lot of attention to their quality.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
A little trip last night before today's start

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
GPR finalists in practice on the ice yesterday.
Here are some fragments from Andrei's training session

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am too into Jr. Worlds rn to watch CoRFright away, but I wish Mozalev good luck.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that the final start of the season proves successful.
By the way, I share the opinion that this year's free skating program should be saved for next season. The fans were split in their votes: half think this programme should be kept, the other half think it should be turned into a show. But Andrei will have a special demonstration number for the Gala Tournament, so it is unlikely that he will need another one, although...

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that the final start of the season proves successful.
By the way, I share the opinion that this year's free skating program should be saved for next season. The fans were split in their votes: half think this programme should be kept, the other half think it should be turned into a show. But Andrei will have a special demonstration number for the Gala Tournament, so it is unlikely that he will need another one, although...
My favourite program of his is the Heart one. I would like to see something new with simpler rhythm/music and cleaner non-Lunin choreography…

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
What a shame about the 3A, but in all, it was a good, though not great, Mozalev skate.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
"The first day is gone. Thank you all for your support! ", says Andrei.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Andrei brought toys to the press conference, which were thrown to him on the ice, and gave them to the journalists.

- Why foxes?
- Because fans compare me to the Little Prince. And he had a faithful friend - a fox.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
When something went wrong

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I'm satisfied with my boy. It was a good skate, and the pops didn't spoil the impression. Andrei killed two people higher and probably could have been on the pedestal if he had lost 1-2 points less. 3 absolutely clean quads, but q on one triple axel and a pop on the second.

I would compare it to the ellipsis at the end of a volume of a long novel waiting to be continued.

We are moving into the low season, but we have another Gala Tournament ahead of us, where Andrei will present his new exhibition number.