2023 Cup of China Men's Short Program | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2023 Cup of China Men's Short Program

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Top two scores are too high. Uno had messing landings on two jumps and the 4F was <. Siao Him Fa should be closer to Shaidorov and Uno closer to Siao Him Fa. This event was only slightly better than the ladies in both quality and scoring.

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
If anyone is confused by Shoma's music and haven't watched the movie Everything Everywhere All at Once yet, I really really recommend you to watch the movie.

It's a very amazing movie and will explain why "I love you kung fu" matches with "clair de lune" :biggrin:

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
After checking scores: **live footage of my Men's predictions being flushed down the toilet**
Oh boy, I REALLY cannot predict singles...it makes me sad a bit.
It isn't over yet. These are the men and there is more room for the results to flip around in FS.
Don't flush them yet...

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Okay, it figures that the judges are blind when it comes to Shoma. 🙈 Something way over 3.0+ pts GOE on his opening quad which was clearly under-rotated, and the take-off was scratchy too. SMH Shoma's blade obviously completed the rotations on the ice. 👀 The judges didn't even bother to review that jumping pass, apparently. Shoma's tech score actually increased after his performance! Mark Hanretty, as a commentator, who is most likely not even in China, caught the UR in real time. I had to see it on replay. I looked and I paid attention because of Hanretty's eagle eye.

All due respect Shoma fans, but the judges at least need to be fair. Shoma would still be far ahead with the correct scoring. Even Shoma's 3-axel take-off and landing were not his best, yet the GOEs are through the roof. 🙄

Adam was looking extremely good and so on point. Either his endurance or nerves caught up with him on his second quad, but he's exemplary, so even with the loss of points on that element, Adam is fairly in 2nd.

Shoma's minor tech errors deserve to have been noted and points taken off. For Shoma's entire career, his shortcomings have been consistently forgiven or largely ignored, because of his precocious, mesmerizing talent. I do not think that's fair, but it is what the judges decided it is. Shoma URed his first quad though. Anyone else would have been dinged.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Top two scores are too high. Uno had messing landings on two jumps and the 4F was <. Siao Him Fa should be closer to Shaidorov and Uno closer to Siao Him Fa. This event was only slightly better than the ladies in both quality and scoring.
I would judge 4F with q, but i think GOE for his jumps were too high for the quality of his jumps today. 4F was +1 for me, 4T-3T was 2 or 3 and 3A was 1 or 2. I mean, if i gave for Adam's 4Lz +4 GOE as i would, i really can't go above +3GOE for any of Shoma's jumps today.

Last edited:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
On the overall points, Adam Siao Him Fa is close to Shaidorov. [I checked the scores: Adam is at 91.21, and Mikhail is at 89.94. The difference is only 1.27, so how much closer did you want it to be?] That's more than fair. I think Adam's scores are accurate.

OTOH, Shoma's tech score is too high. He should not be much higher than 97+ But when it comes to Shoma, the judges have never cared about accurate scoring. They are as overwrought and as crazed as Shoma's adoring fans.

Last edited:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Shoma slay. He got the bugs out on the jumps and overcame with those beautiful skating skills! 105. Message.
The only message I see is that the judges are slain by Shoma, as usual. They love throwing high GOE at him, even with obvious tech mistakes. I'm waiting for Shoma to consistently skate clean in both programs. He can slay with his precocious elegance, but rarely can he skate two perfectly clean performances, even when he wins by huge margins. 🙄

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Shaidorov! With small bronze at least! :cheer::cheer::cheer: hopefully no UR nonsense here! Go, kiddo! Go!

Why, why did I succum to peer pressure and moved him into 5th from 4th in my predictions?

edit: Actually, I didn't. Well, at least I feel vindicated after short. Lol.

Last edited: