2023 Cup of China Women's Short Program | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2023 Cup of China Women's Short Program

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Loena with an invalid element should've left an open door for some of her competitors, but she's still rightfully in the lead. What a strange competition! I think the ordinals are going to be all over the place after the free.

Hongyi Chen was a highlight for me, that's got to be the best short program she's done.

Skating91

Medalist
Agree. 70 for that is criminal. Change the name and that gets low 60s. Joke. And did a single girl here not cheat the pick on takeoff for their combo jump? So far this season it looks like the fix is in for Sakamoto /Hendrix /Levito.
Things like prerotation is all anyone could talk about a couple seasons ago then it all stopped for some reason. People don't seem to care about cheated jumps any longer. These are relatively simple jumps that skaters are currently having trouble with too, so you'd expect perfect technique from them.

Dawn825

Medalist
I have Rinka way ahead in a technical rescore, 35 v 32, and I suspect she'd be ahead in PCS too. Hana is tied with Rinka. And I have Xiangyi clobbering all 3 of them with a 38, she was at her best!

Last edited:

Joekaz

On the Ice
Things like prerotation is all anyone could talk about a couple seasons ago then it all stopped for some reason. People don't seem to care about cheated jumps any longer. These are relatively simple jumps that skaters are currently having trouble with too, so you'd expect perfect technique from them.
If they put a rule in that they judge takeoffs just as strictly as landings(as common sense would dictate) hardly any girls would attempt 3/3s anymore. I guess no Russians equals no more concern with pre rotation from the fans. Lol

Rebecca Moose

proud Tonia K fan since '95
On the Ice
Country
United-States
yeah I totally made the right decision to not wake up and 4am to watch this stinkfest

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
I've just finished watching, or attempting to watch - I actually fell asleep a couple of times. I'm not going to pretend that I didn't find that session disappointing...

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I really am very very fond of Yelim, but there so often seems to be that air of 'beautiful captive princess who is here against her will' when she is skating... her dress was gorgeous of course (she's Korean, duh) and quite satisfyingly princess-y too.

rain

Record Breaker
The scores from second to eighth are all so bunched together, the LP is going to be very interesting.