2023 Cup of China Pairs Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 Cup of China Pairs Short Program

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Anna needs a bit more muscle to help her land those jumps. She can do them, but I think the extra momentum from his throwing her is a bit too much for her right now.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
:slink: wrong thread
Anna VALESI / Manuel PIAZZA 🇮🇹
The Loneliest by Maneskin

3Tw3
3Sq (hand from Anna)
3FTh (fall)
3Li3
StSq4
FiDs3
CCoSp4 (out of sync, regained during last position)

SP: 55.55 (3rd)

Yayyy Maneskin! Not their best skate but lots of potential in this team.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Annika HOCKE / Robert KUNKEL 🇩🇪
I Love Rock n Roll, Voulez-vous

3Tw4
2S (Annika doubled)
3FTh (hand down, forwards)
3Li4
StSq4
FiDs4
CCoSp4 (out of sync)

SP: 60.76 (2nd)

A bit messy, but far from a disaster. They just need to finish third here to make it to the Final, which is probably pretty likely barring disaster in the free thanks to their PCS cushion. Annika is having so much fun in this program, you love to see it!

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I'm not surprised about the Mokhovs' showing at CoC. At this stage, Maria has outgrown her brother, Ivan. Plus, they are clearly not the strongest U.S. team to send out internationally. They were fortunate to be on the GP last season, among a weaker field internationally.

The U.S. has lost a ton of experienced teams to splits and retirements, but luckily the U.S. has a lot of new teams formed with experienced partners. The issue is that it takes time for new partnerships to build, plus releases are needed in a couple of cases. Pairs is gonna be interesting at GPF and Worlds since there are no hugely established teams, aside from Miura/ Kihara, and Stellato/ DesChamps. And M/K will need to be healthy when Worlds rolls around. They have time though, so we'll see if they can defend their title against S/D.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I need to look up the lyrics in English, cause the vocals cannot fully resonate with me cause i do not speak French. @4everchan can you send me a link or explain lyrics please when you have time. Merci!

Last edited: