2024 World Championships Pairs Free Skate | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2024 World Championships Pairs Free Skate

rain

Record Breaker
So so happy for Deanna. What a story and what a representation. She truly is the epitome of 'age is just a number' :clap:

She showed that if you take really good care of your body and train well, you can still be very fit, athletic and competitive way past the average figure skater's age đź’Ş
Did you see her arms on the podium? I need to start lifting more.

auser

Record Breaker
Now I can breathe a sigh of relief. Phewww.

I loved Deanna and Nate (in fact that is how I first started following the đź‘‘, but Deanna and Maxime are another level.)Hey

So very happy for them and for her.:hap10:
Hey @el henry ... how gorgeous was Jason's skate today. Thought of you because you usually express what I love about his skating, but I have trouble verbalizing it in the moment. ;)

Last edited:

2sk8

Rinkside
It's not just her age or the time off, it's starting over and moving to another country in her mid 30s when the US fed had little use for her. The fact that we couldn't get a pair in the top ten the same night Deanna won is so poetic and awesome. :points:
Blissful karma. Gotta wonder if the USFS PTB will ever realize their way of matching, "developing" and "politicking" in pairs is a dumpster fire shrouded by an occasional breakout success like Alexa and Brandon. Kudos to Deanna.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's not just her age or the time off, it's starting over and moving to another country in her mid 30s when the US fed had little use for her. The fact that we couldn't get a pair in the top ten the same night Deanna won is so poetic and awesome. :points:

This is fair... but I also don't think she got her due in Canada for quite a while either.

More than her skating... I love her attitude. Pure determination. Whatever happens from here on out, she'll ALWAYS be a world champion. That can never be taken away from her.

rain

Record Breaker
I'm shocked anyone would think Deanna/Max didn't deserve the win. I'd have had them marginally ahead in the LP, too, but the judges went the other way and I can see the argument for it. Deanna stepped out of her double axel, but they had another set of clean side by side triples, to the Japanese team's doubles. Deanna and Max also had a level 4 on the twist, whereas Riku//Riuchi once again only had a level 3. I also thought it looked like Riku two-footed the landing on her triple, and it did get a q. Riku/Riuchi had better speed, but this program is a real downer and the recycling of it didn't make that any better. It was very lacklustre in that department, where Deanna/Max sold the heck out of their vampire theme.

Add all that to Deanna/Max's deserved lead in the short, and yeah, the right team stood on the top step of the podium.

Last edited:

Rebecca Moose

toots
On the Ice
Country
United-States
today I felt that Miura and Kihara were the world champions and that the final result was unfair. on the other hand, they were overrated yesterday, just like Stellato-Deschamps today. Hase and Volodin? the only ok, not problem on the podium. and the best of the day? Danilova and Tsiba. they were amazing
crack is wack, exhibit A

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Damn, I wanted to see Deanna and Maxime win...but I didn't want Rikuryu to get hurt in the process. Both teams were amazing to watch live and I love them both... I have some very raw feelings about not seeing all of the winning teams on the podium, and I had to leave the victory ceremony early...

rabidline

Final Flight
Riku/Riuchi had better speed, but this program is a real downer and the recycling of it didn't make that any better. It was very lacklustre in that department, where Deanna/Max sold the heck out of their vampire theme.
I love Riku/Ryuichi, and I think they did amazing making this push with their injuries, and they're the best at skating in the field right now. But they're not that good of skaters to hide the fact that the are skating one new uninspiring program and one recycled program that clearly has seen better days. I really hope they didn't hurt themselves.

Meanwhile Deanna/Max had the superior programs and presentation, and it really helped them here. The moment called for them and they answered. I just think the vampire program is superbly composed.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
THIS IS SPECULATION - I HAVE NO FACTS
If I had to guess, she was not feeling well - flu or food poisoning or dehydration. She may have passed out backstage and a stretcher was called to take her as a precaution and that's why it was announced so quickly that they would not be around today.

Last edited: