Tarasova costumes | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tarasova costumes

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't think Evan's costume is *that* bad.... it's just not very good :laugh:

Medusa

Record Breaker
I guess that sasha also had a lot to say about her costumes because hers always had some distinguished, sophisticated style. Hers costumes always looked very pretty and cool. She was never mistaken in her costumes or makeup as far as I had seen.
Cohen's costumes were definitely my all time favourites among the girls' costumes. I loved her choices of colour, the design, the little details...

Kwan also had really classy costumes. Those two just knew what to wear, it's the golden age of ladies' costuming. They didn't only go for light-blue, white and baby-pink. They had yellow ones, beautiful red ones - powerful colours. They had not too much fabric, not too little fabric. The dresses were original but not frightening (Arakawa...). I really loved those costumes.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Cohen's costumes were definitely my all time favourites among the girls' costumes. I loved her choices of colour, the design, the little details...

Kwan also had really classy costumes. Those two just knew what to wear, it's the golden age of ladies' costuming. They didn't only go for light-blue, white and baby-pink.
I liked Kwan's costumes - elegant and flattering. Cohen's, not so much, except maybe in Torino, and even then she had that gold doily on the front of her LP dress, which did not work for me at all. And of course she chose that hideous dress when she was on Project Runway. It was white - and ugly.

I'm also bored with the pastels. Last year when Carolina Kostner showed up in that black pantsuit thing for her SP I wanted to cheer, even though it didn't flatter her at all. It was as if she was telling everyone she was a woman, not a little princess.

Yagudin's Man in the Iron mask costume was good. Over the top, but it worked.

Mathman said:
Quite so. Evan should get a costume deduction for his LP. The costume is so bizarre it definitely distracts the audience from his performance.
If he does, as much as it pains me, Brian Joubert should get docked for his LP outfit, too. Not to mention those feathers could fall off and become a hazard for the next skater. I've seen The Last of the Mohicans and Daniel Day-Lewis definitely wasn't dressed like that. ;)

Last edited:

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
I remember this one video fluff piece where it showed Sasha with Tatiana and they were at her house. Sasha was sitting on the floor Tatiana and were looking over sketches. Does anybody else remember this clip?

Ms.Anthrope

On the Ice
Kwan also had really classy costumes. They had yellow ones, beautiful red ones - powerful colours. They had not too much fabric, not too little fabric. The dresses were original but not frightening (Arakawa...). I really loved those costumes.

Even Kwan's orange dress? I don't think anyone liked the dress color, but I loved it. It reminded me of Hermes orange/potiron Birkin.:biggrin:

Bennett

Record Breaker
I did not like Shizuka's initial pink costume for R & J (neither lovely pastel pink nor a fluffy design was flattering on this calm, mature, strong woman). I also did not find the piano costume for Paganini fashioable. But I loved the black and red ribbon costume for the Chopin LP, the black and white feather one for The Swan, and the black one with cross patterns for R & J. I also thought that the simple one for the 2004 Turandot was good. I think that she looks good in black ones with sharp designs. Are they all from TT?

Simone

Match Penalty
Tarasova has great taste in dress. She always wear glamorous coats. She must have hundred of them.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Tarasova has great taste in dress. She always wear glamorous coats. She must have hundred of them.

:laugh: so many jokes in my head I shouldn't let out.
But I have a theory that Johnny's love of fur was inspired by Tarasova.

Simone

Match Penalty
:laugh: so many jokes in my head I shouldn't let out.
But I have a theory that Johnny's love of fur was inspired by Tarasova.

Why not to let them out? Unless they are not appropriate for the space of this forum? :laugh: Ah, yes Tarasova is Johnny's fur mentor. :cool:

Bennett

Record Breaker
My immediate thought seeing that costume for the first time was something like: Huh, what is that? He has forgotten his shirt home and had to loan one from Tarasova´s wardrobe????

I had only remembered his fluffy white shirt waving in wind as he lightly skated to this romantic music in the dark. But I have now rewatched the program and am surprised to see how oversized that shirt was. In that sense, I agree that it could be Ms. Tarasova's:laugh:
Yet I generally like kinds of costumes that the ballet prince would wear and, in that sense, some of Tarasova's costumes are pleasing in my eyes.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For all the talk about Evan's costume, maybe he should just go back to basic, understated black.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Let me add Mao's new costume. Despite my long-term love, admiration, and respect to Mao, to her designer, and to TAT, I have to admit that this is my least favorite costume of hers. The patterns around her tummy look old. So do the strings above her chest and back and the oversized black bra covering the chest.

ETA: I actually wonder if it was TAT who had a say on this dress because the dress closely resembles other dresses of hers. So I wonder if it was basically the work of the designer who has extended the previous patterns.

Last edited: