Tarasova costumes | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Tarasova costumes

ks777

Record Breaker
Let me add Mao's new costume. Despite my long-term love, admiration, and respect to Mao, to her designer, and to TAT, I have to admit that this is my least favorite costume of hers. I feel that the dress has an outdated look. The patterns around her tummy look so old. So do the strings above her chest and back and the size of the black bra covering the chest. Sure she is already 18 and has all the rights to look even more mature than her actual age. But she does not have to have an outdated look from many decades ago without adding any contemporary twist. Even though the dress now seems to be named a lingerie dress, I am afraid I don't think that it could make the Victorian Secret's cover. If you want to be sexy, you have to look cool, too.

Yep, I agree. I didn't like her LP dress at all. I never really like Mao and Mai's dresses much anyway.

waxel

Final Flight
Mao's LP dress is okay ... I rather like it (SP dress is weak) but Bennett, I agree that lace pattern around the tummy looks outdated.

But Tarasova herself ... what's the best guess? A 50 lb. weight gain since returning to Russia? She's Siberia in black fur.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
^^
''Siberia in black fur?'' that's a pretty mean mean thing to say.

For all the talk about Evan's costume, maybe he should just go back to basic, understated black.

As compared to overstated black?:laugh: I have to agree, but it really doesn't look too bad while he's skating.

kandidy

Final Flight
I like Mao's LP dress, despite the negative comments from many posters. The lace in her tummy area is also ok, I like it. (I don't know how old are ppl in the boards, I am in late 20's , and it is ok with me)
In contrast, I don't like her SP dress, the pattern look so similar to last year (in tone and design style) and after the serene music flows, I felt asleep watching her performance.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I hate Mao's dress. I think it looks awful and it's not sexy... I don't think that Mao needs to go that far to look skating in a skating dress, that I think that most can be construed as pretty sexy...If she really wanted to show off her tummy she'd be better off doing a two piece kind of but ditch the bra look.....

merrybari

Final Flight
Don't like Evans LP custom, guess I don't get the connection with the music. How much say do skaters have in what they wear?

In Evan's case, this time, virtually none at all. His giving her total control was part of the agreement when she said she'd work with him.

Maybe that's the whole point. The judges are so distracted by his costume that they forget about his flailing arms.:p

Please remember that Evan's so called "flailing arms" are part of the choreography as planned by the choreographer(s) and therefore shouldn't reflect poorly on Evan.

Last edited by a moderator:

zephyrskates

On the Ice
Mao's costume is not that bad. Sure we could do away with those strings. Sure we could expose less skin, and maybe not use black and red. If you can get over that, the costume is not as bad as evan's.

It's not just the costume with evan, it's how he looks. Someone should really tell him that if he doesn't shave he looks like a bum when he steps on the ice. Maybe he's trying to counteract all the sequins by not shaving, but it's not working AT ALL!

bekalc

Record Breaker
Mao's costume is not that bad. Sure we could do away with those strings. Sure we could expose less skin, and maybe not use black and red. If you can get over that, the costume is not as bad as evan's.

It's not just the costume with evan, it's how he looks. Someone should really tell him that if he doesn't shave he looks like a bum when he steps on the ice. Maybe he's trying to counteract all the sequins by not shaving, but it's not working AT ALL!

It's not the skin showing... I mean skaters show skin all the time. For me it's the style of the outfit itself. I mean if Mao for an exhibition wore hot pants and a short top with her midriff showing, THAT would like sexy, but I don't think the particular outfit Mao's wearing looks sexy. JMO. Or one of those skate dresses with the middriff showing too. For me it's more that she looks like she's wearing a see through top and then we get to see her undwear (that's how it looks) which has me going ick.