2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Home field advantage rules again at the Olympics.

and this is only a prelude for rest individuals - at least here Russians were favourites, but we'll see some miracles in ladies and men's event I feel

FlattFan

Match Penalty
because they are that kind of skater....the go for it kind. Plus, I supsect after the fall, they knew they oculdn't win, so try to create a memory and record of sorts.

And now instead of V/T having a controversial win. It's S/S controversial win over P/T.
Great! They don't deserve it. They were so far apart the entire time compare to how close P/T were. They were slow. Cautious. Skated like they don't belong. Oh well.

elif

Medalist
Only clean performance of the night is Stolbova/Klimov. Good for them. Fedor is just 23. He can go two more olympics.:eek:

emma

Record Breaker
very exciting and emotional skating today! Great event overall. So, so sorry for S/S. I'll miss them and Pang/Tong. Congrats to the Russsians - really great skating from the top two.

PftJump

On the Ice
Home advantage is understandable...
But, That Audience... They laugh at their "enemies' fault".
What a shame!
And they use The vuvuzela??? or something?

tulosai

Record Breaker
And now instead of V/T having a controversial win. It's S/S controversial win over P/T.
Great! They don't deserve it. They were so far apart the entire time compare to how close P/T were. They were slow. Cautious. Skated like they don't belong. Oh well.

It's because the judges lowballed P/T's PCS to give silver for sure to the Russians.

I am not arguing that the russians didn't deserve silver, but that P/T's PCS were lowballed is undeniable IMO.

Becki

Medalist
New hear guys, but I loved the Addams Family performance the most

They were indeed exciting. Interestingly, this team has never been to the World Championships! I think they were extremely lucky to have K/S not be able to compete and coming in as the #2 Russian Team. Of course, solid performances help the cause.

BusyMom

Medalist
Russian audiences' behavior made me sick. Hope IOC will do some evaluation after this so-called OG.

smoothiw

Rinkside
Did some of the Russian audiences laugh loudly when Robin fell? If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, but I think I heard it.

yuki

Final Flight
P/T were majorly lowballed in PCS. More than 2 points lower than both S/K and S/S. :slink:
Unfortunately for them S/S had more than 6 points advantage from the SP.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Apparently hand down and 2footed landing can earn good GOE for Russians.
Watch single Russians dominate next week.

Travelling spins that should carry a -3 GOE is not penalized.
Flutz that should be -2 GOE is not penalized.
And now, these.

What a joke!

I suspect Carolina Kostner will be the Pang and Tong of the ladies. Make one mistake, and so far out of the medal. PCS would probably be lower than both Russians.
Mao and Yuna will be fighting for the bronze. Mao will falter on the 3A like S/S, and sit in 4th. Yuna will falter on one of her flip, and sit in 3rd.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
S&S dont deserve a medal but will probably be gifted the bronze over P&T. That is typical of their career, lots of gifts and unearned medals from the judges yet this clueless forum dares to complain about V&T and their scores with 0 controversial wins or medals ever. :laugh:

:rofl: at your bitterness pangandtongfan. The Germans easily deserved a medal with their SP lead. For P/T to have won bronze, S/S would have needed PCS of 65.29.

P/T lost it on all their SBS jumps... in both programs. No clean SBS jumps and that deserves bronze? :sarcasm:

P/T are a lovely team to watch but it's hilariously biased of you to suggest that S/S were gifted the bronze over P/T, and follow it up with bashing S/S. So typical. :rolleye:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
DRAMA BUTTON DRAMA BUTTON DRAMA BUTTON. Time to get out of here.

Trewyn

Medalist
I feel the Russian audience reactions throughout this whole olympic figure skating competition deserves a thread on its own. I have issues.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
and this is only a prelude for rest individuals - at least here Russians were favourites, but we'll see some miracles in ladies and men's event I feel

The results are fair. I'm not questioning that. But it would have been interesting to see what the results would have been if this had been held, say, in Germany. And frankly I've found the Russian audiences partisan beyond belief. But it is what it is.