2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate

lavender

Record Breaker
:rofl: at your bitterness pangandtongfan. The Germans easily deserved a medal with their SP lead. For P/T to have won bronze, S/S would have needed PCS of 65.29.

P/T lost it on all their SBS jumps... in both programs. No clean SBS jumps and that deserves bronze? :sarcasm:

P/T are a lovely team to watch but it's hilariously biased of you to suggest that S/S were gifted the bronze over P/T, and follow it up with bashing S/S. So typical. :rolleye:

I agree...

Is it Feb 24th yet and where is worlds.... Japan, Canada, Switzerland.:laugh:

Eloise

Rinkside
No please the thought of Carolina being the P/T of the situation is just too sad...Especially after her marvellous SP. I am now resigned to the fact that Yulia will be almost certainly medal, but Adelina?!?

Let's just hope Caro is as clean as possible.

Apparently hand down and 2footed landing can earn good GOE for Russians.
Watch single Russians dominate next week.

Travelling spins that should carry a -3 GOE is not penalized.
Flutz that should be -2 GOE is not penalized.
And now, these.

What a joke!

I suspect Carolina Kostner will be the Pang and Tong of the ladies. Make one mistake, and so far out of the medal. PCS would probably be lower than both Russians.
Mao and Yuna will be fighting for the bronze. Mao will falter on the 3A like S/S, and sit in 4th. Yuna will falter on one of her flip, and sit in 3rd.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The same throughout the Team Event too. It's not only disgusting, but also very disheartening. I feel for every skater that is not Russian. Ugh! Shame on them. :(

Russians love figure skating
what is wrong with that ?

Becki

Medalist
Did some of the Russian audiences laugh loudly when Robin fell? If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, but I think I heard it.

The Russian audience is very vocal about their satisfaction when a non-Russian is out of contention for a OGM.

yuki

Final Flight
Nut- cracker is so much better than program than Jesus christ that all I can say.

Yes, and P/T's Les Miserables was better than both of them.
Jesus Christ Superstar is not so much a program as a series of well performed elements with a bunch of nothing between them. V/T deserved to win, but it saddens me they did it with this program. Maybe they'll stay a couple of seasons longer and actually get some programs worthy of their talent (that being said, this year's short was good).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Kostner is out of it. Kim is still the favorite though, and if Mao lands her 3 axels (a big if for her) the Russians will not touch her. Julia is the only big threat anyway, Sotnikova is barely a factor at this point.

and Sotnikova is a headcase

SimplyLex

On the Ice
So sad for S/S. Failed to make their dream come true again. Hell, ended up lower than anyone expected AGAIN. Brian Joubert once said: "I just can't do it at the Games". Apparently, so can't S/S.
However, if they were Russian, I'm pretty sure they would've been 2nd. All they needed was PCS of 75, which would still be lower than V/T.

V/T outscoring everyone in CH and TR with that hideous program is just :rolleye:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I feel like everyone here needs to just take a breath and look at puppies.

eSvbGiw.gif

Panini

On the Ice
Russians love figure skating
what is wrong with that ?

Not bothering to clap for non-Russian skaters, laughing and cheering at mistakes made by non-Russian skaters. No, you're right. They're just overenthusiastic in expressing their love.l

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
So sad for S/S. Failed to make their dream come true again. Hell, ended up lower than anyone expected AGAIN. Brian Joubert once said: "I just can't do it at the Games". Apparently, so can't S/S.
However, if they were Russian, I'm pretty sure they would've been 2nd. All they needed was PCS of 75, which would still be lower than V/T.

V/T outscoring everyone in CH and TR with that hideous program is just :rolleye:

The judges are supposed to score the skating, and they did. Although IMO everybody got inflation except for MTM in the short.

Eloise

Rinkside
Pangtongfan I get it that you do not like Carolina, but I hope you are solemnly wrong with your prediction.

Kostner is out of it. Kim is still the favorite though, and if Mao lands her 3 axels (a big if for her) the Russians will not touch her. Julia is the only big threat anyway, Sotnikova is barely a factor at this point.