People should say something about the cyberbullying against Sotnikova | Page 6 | Golden Skate

People should say something about the cyberbullying against Sotnikova

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
so??? they can delete all those posts.. blocked anyone from south korea.. because it seems "GENERALIZING" is only fit to yuna bots.. :rolleye:

there's always an ignore list around here...

why do that ? they are not blocking anyone
when you can use that to their advantage in the future

but your right, Kims future in IOC
will not depend or matter because of her fanatic fans actions

usethis2

Medalist
17 or not, had Adelina been more gracious about it all, for example, by saying something like "she is honored to share the podium with two great champions, etc.", instead of saying things like she "won it because she skated better," she could have avoided much of the backlash from the fans.

You can't expect the same class from her that you expect from Yuna/Mao/Caro, etc., apparently.

verysmuchso

On the Ice
So, you're saying Adelina really deserves what she's getting?

I think this thread is wrong in focusing on Yuna - this has nothing to do with her; she is not responsible for the actions of her fans. The thread should have focused on cyberbullying - period.

God no. I think just the opposite.

whatif

Medalist
Yuna probably does not give a flying one about any of this. She said she did not care about this competition enough. Gurl is busy mounting her 2018 election campaign. I am sure this "controversy" will muster some pity votes.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
So, you're saying Adelina really deserves what she's getting?

She certainly was incredibly arrogant in how she represented herself post event, and seemingly oblivious to there being any controversy about her victory. Hugging one of the most corrupt judges in skating history in front of camera, even if she didnt know about the obvious fix that was in, was also not a very clever PR move on her part. I dont believe anyone deserves death threats or some of the things she is receiving, but do I feel sympathy that she is receiving a very negative reaction to her win? Not at all. If she were a genuinely good person who showed an ounce of sportsmanship I might have more, even with it being such a farcial and blatant set up of a win.

dcdgoth

Spectator
Yuna already knows cyberbulling won't be stopped even if she says something about it. She is already thinking ahead. And she shouldn't be involved in this. She has much much better things to do. I don't blame the bullies because unfair judges are the ones that created the whole chrades. If cyberbulling bothers Russians, they should fix the scores. Plain and simple.

ginal

Rinkside
How can adelina be bullied, is this being done in english or korean? Does she even know what is being said? I imagine what adelina is hearing in Russia is quite different from what is being heard elsewhere in the world.

dcdgoth

Spectator
How can adelina be bullied, is this being done in english or korean? Does she even know what is being said? I imagine what adelina is hearing in Russia is quite different from what is being heard elsewhere in the world.
English, Korean, Italian, Japanese, French, some Arabs,German, etc etc.........list goes on and on. ...It's actually hard to find any positive posts about her in anywhere but Russia.

millie

Medalist
English, Korean, Italian, Japanese, French, some Arabs,German, etc etc.........list goes on and on. ...It's actually hard to find any positive posts about her in anywhere but Russia.

Some words are like daggers and swords. Words can kill a persons spirit and their will to live. "The tongue is sharper than the sword". No matter what language it's in bulling is not acceptable into today's society. If anything happens to this girl, the terrible post can be traced right to the people and their computer. Food for though.

verysmuchso

On the Ice
I was actually contacted, before even they contacted Adelina, and was asked to win a figure skating gold medal for Russia, but I said No because I knew what it will do to my Instagram page.

dcdgoth

Spectator
Some words are like daggers and swords. Words can kill a persons spirit and their will to live. "The tongue is sharper than the sword". No matter what language it's in bulling is not acceptable into today's society. If anything happens to this girl, the terrible post can be traced right to the people and their computer. Food for though.
it seems those bullies are more against to those judges. But again, it's hard to find positive posts about Adelina because majority of the world disagrees with the result. I agree that bullies can cause distortion at some point but I don't really blame them for doing it because that is the usual reaction to unfairness these days. Those judges generated distortion and they need to fix it.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I was actually contacted, before even they contacted Adelina, and was asked to win a figure skating gold medal for Russia, but I said No because I knew what it will do to my Instagram page.

If Adelina had to WD and Julia had fallen apart before you skated and you will willing to represent Russia you probably would have to. They would have called your doubles as triples as quads, all +3s in GOE, and all high 9s in PCS.

bekalc

Record Breaker
it seems those bullies are more against to those judges. But again, it's hard to find positive posts about Adelina because majority of the world disagrees with the result. I agree that bullies can cause distortion at some point but I don't really blame them for doing it because that is the usual reaction to unfairness these days. Those judges generated distortion and they need to fix it.

She is a 17 year old girl. Death threats because you don't ilke a result. Would you be cool if it was Russian fans doing it to Yu-na. This is a sport. Not life or death. Write letters to the ISU website if you want, but lay off death threats.

For you to defend it in anyway is terrible.

Figure 8's

On the Ice
I cannot believe that anyone would find it acceptable to harass or sent death threats to a 17 year old girl because they don't like the outcome. Some people really need to get a life.

dcdgoth

Spectator
She is a 17 year old girl. Death threats because you don't ilke a result. Would you be cool if it was Russian fans doing it to Yu-na. This is a sport. Not life or death. Write letters to the ISU website if you want, but lay off death threats.

For you to defend it in anyway is terrible.

I don't spam really. I posted no arguments else where really. They both are receiveing middle fingers from each other's fans. Would you really take seriously at those keyboard warriors? I don't think they do either. Being 17 tells me she is almost fully matured, and she should not take those words for words seriously from them. Little off topic here but seriously...... those bullies they pop up everywhere. Also I found no death threats and I read hundreads of replies....... can you post the links?

bekalc

Record Breaker
I don't spam really. I posted no arguments else where really. They both are receiveing middle fingers from each other's fans. Would you really take seriously at those keyboard warriors? I don't think they do either. Being 17 tells me she is almost fully matured, and she should not take those words for words seriously from them.

She's still a minor. Death threats should be taken very seriously. Do you remember what happened to Monica Seles.... There are plenty of places to vent about results. Like here.. .To go to a skater's twitter/homepage is to much for me.

I've disagreed with for example, Patrick Chan's results. However, I never went to his twitter page and told him I thought your skating was bad. Ever. -let alone issued such a horrible things.

I don't know how some one is suppose to take something seriously or not. All they know is some wacko is threatening a result, because they didn't like sporting result.

What if you got a promotion, and some idiot decided to issue you a death threat, because they felt you didn't deserve it. Would you think its all so they are just upset, or would you take it seriously.

dcdgoth

Spectator
She's still a minor. Death threats should be taken very seriously. Do you remember what happened to Monica Seles.... There are plenty of places to vent about results. Like here.. .To go to a skater's twitter/homepage is to much for me.

I've disagreed with for example, Patrick Chan's results. However, I never went to his twitter page and told him I thought your skating was bad. Ever. -let alone issued such a horrible things.

I don't know how some one is suppose to take something seriously or not. All they know is some wacko is threatening a result, because they didn't like sporting result.

What if you got a promotion, and some idiot decided to issue you a death threat, because they felt you didn't deserve it. Would you think its all so they are just upset, or would you take it seriously.
So they told her to kill her? Give me a break. What if they are trolling? Some trolls disguise as if one particular race to make others look bad. Did you ask them? This sort of things happen everywhere...........it's wise to just ignore them

bekalc

Record Breaker
So they told her to kill her? Give me a break. What if they are trolling? Some trolls disguise as if one particular race to make others look bad. Did you ask them? I found intersting replies that some trolls pretend as if they are specific race and use all kinds of curse words on purpose to look others bad.

I don't respond to those folks. It doesn't matter if they are trolling. Its dangerous.

bekalc

Record Breaker
yeah I know.

So why are you defending it? Its not okay. You don't know whose serious or not serious. It frankly doesn't matter how old she is, its still wrong. But its especially disturbing because she's 17.

Even people in the skating world who were unhappy with her win were furious. Commenting that Adelina is extremely sweet girl, and its unacceptable. She's a real human.