People should say something about the cyberbullying against Sotnikova | Page 7 | Golden Skate

People should say something about the cyberbullying against Sotnikova

samcooper

Spectator
No excuse for death threats and ill wishes, just disgusting!

Having said that, I don't think there would be so much hatred targeting Adelina's instagram account if there were proper responses from governing bodies like ISU and IOC. Oh wait, there was one.. which basically went like 'There's nothing wrong with our scoring system or how we select judges..' :rolleye:

So before you ask Yuna to do something about it, ask ISU to do something about this whole mess first.
Or Adelina could simply shut her instagram account off. Problem solved.

verysmuchso

On the Ice
No excuse for death threats and ill wishes, just disgusting!

Having said that, I don't think there would be so much hatred targeting Adelina's instagram account if there were proper responses from governing bodies like ISU and IOC. Oh wait, there was one.. which basically went like 'There's nothing wrong with our scoring system or how we select judges..' :rolleye:

So before you ask Yuna to do something about it, ask ISU to do something about this whole mess first.
Or Adelina could simply shut her instagram account off. Problem solved.

What should Bekalc do now if there is no instagram account to whine about?
Look this is such a transparent diversion tactic to take the focus away from this rotten scheme. Yeah, just how mean these Korean bastards are!
Btw I am crying so hard about Adelina's Instagram page, so no accusations about me being unfeeling pls.

MiRé

Match Penalty
Kim should say something about Adelina's death threats? No, she should rather talk about the questionable judging at Sochi

hurrah

Medalist
Since we know that the judging was questionable, all Adelina has to do to stop the death threats (not that I'm saying she deserves it) is to admit in public 'Yes, I think my gold medal is OTT. I skated great but I would have been happy with bronze.'

And for Yuna to have some of the hate stop, all she had to say was something like, 'Yes, I deserved the gold at Vancouver, but my score was OTT. And Mao certainly gets unfairly dinged on all aspects of her athletic abilitie and I wish Yuna-bots would stop cyber-harassing her. And no, she didn't impede me at official practice and I'm sorry I suggested that on public television.'

MiRé

Match Penalty
Since we know that the judging was questionable, all Adelina has to do to stop the death threats (not that I'm saying she deserves it) is to admit in public 'Yes, I think my gold medal is OTT. I skated great but I would have been happy with bronze.'
I think what aggravated Koreans even more was the comments that Adelina made after the competition. Apparently she said "I always wanted to beat Kim, and I was happy that I did at Sochi" or something like "My performance was much better than Kim's, so I deserve the Gold Medal."

I'm not too sure if those quotes are exact, but that's what I've been seeing on the internet and other news articles.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I think what aggravated Koreans even more was the comments that Adelina made after the competition. Apparently she said "I always wanted to beat Kim, and I was happy that I did at Sochi" or something like "My performance was much better than Kim's, so I deserve the Gold Medal."

I'm not too sure if those quotes are exact, but that's what I've been seeing on the internet and other news articles.

And what's wrong with that. She wanted to win. Its a competition of course she wanted to beat Yu-na. Yu-na isn't some goddess that Adelina's suppose to bow down and worship.

She's also entitled to think she deserved to win too. She did more triples than Kim and a harder program.

What if Russian fans said that would issue Yu-na death threats, unless Yu-na bowed down and admitted Adelina's win was 100% fair. :rolleye:

As far as I'm concerned Adelina's win more justified than Ando's win in 2011.

CarneAsada

Medalist
I have not heard about her wanting to beat Kim, but apparently Tuktamysheva's coach Mishin set beating Kim as Tukt's goal at Worlds in 2013. So it wouldn't be the first time a younger Russian has had this desire.

LRK

Record Breaker
I have not heard about her wanting to beat Kim, but apparently Tuktamysheva's coach Mishin set beating Kim as Tukt's goal at Worlds in 2013. So it wouldn't be the first time a younger Russian has had this desire.

Well, obviously one wouuld want to beat the best. Should the skaters aim to beat.... oh, I don't know.... Jenna McCorkell? (no offence, Jenna! :) )

MiRé

Match Penalty
And what's wrong with that. She wanted to win. Its a competition of course she wanted to beat Yu-na. Yu-na isn't some goddess that Adelina's suppose to bow down and worship.

She's also entitled to think she deserved to win too. She did more triples than Kim and a harder program.

First, I didn't say it was me who was aggravated by her statement so don't get sissy with me. I merely said Koreans, or netizens whatever you wanna call people who are commenting on Adelina.

And I refuse to argue with people who keep thinking Adelina had a difficult program. It's not ALL about LP for christ sake. Adelina was overscored in SP also. Adelina does not deserve level 4s on her steps, and should not have received GOE on her Flutz. Not to mention her < jumps that wasn't called. Oh did I mention? Adelina had 3T-3T while Yuna had 3Lz+3T, yet she was only .28 points away from Yuna in SP.

Believe what you want, because there are at least two million people around the world that thinks Adelina does not deserve Gold medal.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Well, obviously one wouuld want to beat the best. Should the skaters aim to beat.... oh, I don't know.... Jenna McCorkell? (no offence, Jenna! :) )

Don't you realize. This was not a competition. It was suppose to be a coronation. However, instead of playing the made. Adelina seized the crown and crowned herself to put in Johnny Weir's words Tsarina!
Believe what you want, because there are at least two million people around the world that thinks Adelina does not deserve Gold medal.

And I'm sure there's about 140 million that think she does.

Imagine

Medalist
Maybe Adelina comes off as a stuck up, arrogant b***h but it's the Korean netizens spewing the hate that are all kinds of evil/stupid. They should spend their time stalking the dirty judges who instigated this mess, questioning them, instead of heckling the athlete. It's so tacky and so embarrassing...yet so true to what these losers have proven themselves to be time and time again. Sure, South Koreans, the entire world, and even the Queen herself should be extremely angry about this incident, but the actions of these internet crazies just cast those demanding an answer in a very bad light. It's just as unfair to them as it is to Adelina. And why should Adelina have to close down her account for these people? If anything, Instagram should just block Korean addresses from even seeing her account. I doubt the non-crazy majority of Koreans would loose anything from not being able to see her Instagram.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Don't you realize. This was not a competition. It was suppose to be a coronation. However, instead of playing the made. Adelina seized the crown and crowned herself to put in Johnny Weir's words Tsarina!

And I'm sure there's about 140 million that think she does.
I know of 1 who said the results aren't important but the preparation before it ,which went well, and the skate itself, we all know that went well, are all that matters. She also said that she can't control what the judges will do and she isn't concerned with it. Yuna is so FAR above this. I think I like her more for staying out of it.

MiRé

Match Penalty
I believe bekalc thought that the entire Korean population was 2 million, hence his counterpoint 140 million, current Russian population. Bekalc needs an updated Atlas.

I know, I'm not stupid, but I asked for a proof of 140M which he/she doesn't have.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Give me a proof, oh wait you don't, but I Do. Take a look, if you haven't already

:cry: Did the Koreans do a poll when Yu-na won in Vancover? My understanding is everyone in Russia stopped to watch Adelina win, and she right now is considered a huge hero for pulling it off. I don't think you want to mess with their national darling. My understanding is 90% of the signatures were from Korea and I'm sure some of the other percent were Korean origin.

140 million is about how many Russians there are in Russia alone.

bek41

Rinkside
This is not Sotnikova's fault and people shouldn't be posting hurtful things on her fb and ig. However it is not yuna's responsibility to say anything about this matter because its not her fault either. I applaud Yuna for not saying anything about this controversy over the scores. It was SO clear everyone but the russians were robbed.

MiRé

Match Penalty
:cry: Did the Koreans do a poll when Yu-na won in Vancover? My understanding is everyone in Russia stopped to watch Adelina win, and she right now is considered a huge hero for pulling it off. I don't think you want to mess with their national darling. My understanding is 90% of the signatures were from Korea and I'm sure some of the other percent were Korean origin.

Do you have a proof of that also? No. Why do you want to keep prove something that has no evidence to back up with? Sure I read an article about 90% being Korean and what not, but do you actually have a database in front of you that tells that? How do you know other 10% were Korean origin? Do you work for the petitioning website?

verysmuchso

On the Ice

@Bekalc: If I remember correctly you seem to have been a big fan of Yuna, at least in 2006-2007, based on your posting habits then. Whatever happened to you in the meantime to so celebrate today a very controversial loss of your former goddess and even to try to rub it in? not mentioning try to pin on her the damage caused by the behavior of random teenagers on the internet. I'm just sincerely curious.