Reactions and criticism of judging by Network commentators - NBC, CBC, BBC, etc | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Reactions and criticism of judging by Network commentators - NBC, CBC, BBC, etc

jcsamex

Rinkside
Yes had Julia and Adelina both fell sick and Leonova competed she no doubt would have won the gold over Kim and Kostner too barring atleast 2 falls. There is just no question about it.

I think they were addressing Ashley's comments, which criticized anonymous judging. They agreed with this. It doesn't mean they necessarily disagreed with the result. Ashley didn't like her placement behind Gracie and Julia but her scores suffered mostly from her tendency to UR and 2 foot landings, which can quickly add up.

Yeah but I think she definitely should've been given more PCS points. She really attacked that program and skated fast and vigorously.

I woudl've put her ahead on Julia but below Mao (as I think Mao shoul've placed 5th at the very least).

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

IMO, Michelle looks great in that pic - even if the dress is a bit snug. Of course she's not at her training weight, plus that was almost 10 years ago. She looks healthy, same with Katarina, who looks amazing at 48.

Show me a skater who's still at her training weight post retirement, and I'd suspect they have an eating disorder.

I agree that Ashley could've placed above Y/Julia, who was definitely over-scored in PCS. In the long (not overall), I think the Top 7 should've been:

1) Mao
2) Yuna
3) Carolina
4) Adelina
5) Gracie
6) Ashley
7) Yulia

Lucy25

Final Flight
IMO, Michelle looks great in that pic - even if the dress is a bit snug. Of course she's not at her training weight, plus that was almost 10 years ago. Show me a skater who's still at her training weight post retirement, and I'd suspect they have an eating disorder.
It's from 2011.

It's from 2011.

I think Apgold meant that Michelle's training weight was ten years ago, not that stunning photo in the gold dress.

I wouldn't use the word fat for itty-bitty Tara or any other post-career skater we've been discussing! And not just because the word isn't politically correct. They're not even faintly fleshy! What they are is person-sized. Sasha put on weight and curves after her Olympic-eligible career, shed it again to train for 2010, and then has put it on once more. So instead of a waif, she looks like a slim but adult female. Michelle is likewise somewhat heavier, but she's trim and clearly very fit. I think she still exercises or plays sports in some way, as many people these days do, but she doesn't spend all day conditioning and practicing and living on diet protein smoothies. I don't know what Tara does as exercise, but she's a great size. Her face seems rounder, but that's a different issue. No one in this group is anywhere near fat.

age20

Rinkside
I think same as you.
[

I agree that Ashley could've placed above Y/Julia, who was definitely over-scored in PCS. In the long (not overall), I think the Top 7 should've been:

1) Mao
2) Yuna
3) Carolina
4) Adelina
5) Gracie
6) Ashley
7) Yulia[/QUOTE]

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Wagner had a bunch of two foot landings, doesnt have quality jumps, doesnt have much technical content, her spins are average (or if we believe the haters on this forum who say Kim's spins are weak Ashley's must be horrendous as hers are far below Kim's), and her program and performance was slow and boring. I dont think she was robbed at all. As grossly overscored as the Russians were at these Games I do think Julia deserved to beat her in the LP atleast even with her mistakes, if not neccessarily overall.

She looks super fit and beautiful :eek:. And who is the perv that is watching her butt? :confused:

He's not watching her butt, he just can't catch her. :laugh:

This was part of a promotional campaign that Michelle did with Olympic champion diver Greg Louganis for Carnival Cruise Lines.

Gosh, they went to all that trouble making those ads, and then I went on the wrong cruise. No wonder I didn't see Michelle.

Inabauer

Rinkside
For the record since 1998 Tara is and always be an Olympic Champion, it is now 2014, get over it already.

Tara and Adelina are the least deserving Olympic Champion ever. In fact these two names tarnish the prestigeous image of an Olympic Champion. This so called title means less and less after these BS wins.