Reactions and criticism of judging by Network commentators - NBC, CBC, BBC, etc | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Reactions and criticism of judging by Network commentators - NBC, CBC, BBC, etc

Ven

Match Penalty
I totally agree that Tara is insecure. Especially in the years following her win when Kwan became the most honored skater in modern figure skating. Her win is arguable...and many people would've liked to see Kwan win (which probably bugs the **** out of Tara). Also, what has she done to her face? That shows insecurity more than her repeated comments defending the judges and Adelina.

lol

never trust a person with a plastic face

chloepoco

Medalist
I was wondering the same thing about her face! It looked plastic... Agree that she is a one hit wonder, no way can she be in the same breath as Michelle's legacy. Flukey olympic win and that's it.

I mean, seriously? This thread is getting worse and worse; needs to be shut down.

ginal

Rinkside
Somehow, I think that this thread and the OP would be full of praise for Tara Lipinski and her career if Lipniski had stated that Yu-Na should have won the OGM in Sochi instead of defending Adelina.

Doubtful, most people liked Kwan and not Tara so I don't see Tara being lauded, simply on that basis, as Kwan fans are not necessarily Yuna fans. I find Tara full of herself and annoying. And why are her cheeks so big? :eek:

MIM

Medalist
Yu-na's base value in SP: 31.43
Sot's in SP: 30.43

Yu-na's in LP: 57.49
Sot's in LP: 61.43

Yu-na's Combined BV: 88.92
Sot's Combined BV:91.86

Total Difference : 2.94.......

Sot won by GOE's.....

And this is including the fact that Yu-na got Lvl 3's on her step sequences for both the SP and LP.

Yuna admitted a mistake on her SS for the SP, but never for the FP.

Matilda

Medalist
Ugh, all this mud-slinging on Adelina and anyone who doesn't question the order of the podium is getting nauseating. :disapp:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Some of the mods are Kwan fans, some not. I find it hard to get interested in ladies skating myself. However, please do not insult each other. Please do not call the skaters rude names.

As to Tara, she always roots for the youngest skater in any group. Her favs were Lipnitskaya at Olympics and Edmunds at US Nationals I think this is because she identifies with them, not because she is insecure.

whatif

Medalist
I am sure the "fat" and insecure Tara Lipinski on a suicide watch, in her spa at her Malibu mansion and million dollar NBC contract, over the sour grapes by Yuna fans. Haters will hate.

cooper

Medalist
i think tara did a good job commentating..i think they have a chemistry between her and weir..

though i was hoping that tara didn't say that yuna had no guts.. that was uncalled for..yuna had to undergo training and skated so much pressure and did not crumble.. because tara herself didn't continue competing.. and just ran away after winning OGM.. that was hypocritical in her part..

Manitou

Medalist
I just glimpsed through several posts on this thread and, yeah, another frustrated troll fest! Mods, could you sometimes intervene, please?

As to Tara and Johny, I loved them both. So much energy, humor and distance. I want them to stay and keep commentating! They kind of compliment each other, add to each other value and character!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Somehow, I think that this thread and the OP would be full of praise for Tara Lipinski and her career if Lipniski had stated that Yu-Na should have won the OGM in Sochi instead of defending Adelina.

I doubt that. Tara's popularity was never high with skating fans. Nothing she could say or do 15 years after being retired would change that.

Manitou

Medalist
I doubt that. Tara's popularity was never high with skating fans. Nothing she could say or do 15 years after being retired would change that.

Sorry, she was my fave! From the beginning when she was consistently beating Kwan until today! :)

SkateToronto

On the Ice

That's a pretty broad statement to make and I don't agree with it at all :rolleye:

another attack thread for not agreeing with the so called Queens Score :rolleye:
No Lipinski is not insecure, she beat Kwan in Nagano fair and square

I agree...it is only the crazed who honestly believe that Kwan should have won in Nagano.