2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating | Page 48 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Gracie is the highest placing American
Wagner cant beat that

I suppose you're trying to find some silver lining. She should have been behind Wagner, given her errors. Wagner still thwomped her in the FS. :yay:

Certainly not a golden girl yet, that Gracie Gold.

sk8in

Match Penalty
Ana's jumps were fabulous. She looked way better out there than a certain other Russian figure skater who somehow toppled a clean Carolina/Yuna, and shall remain nameless.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Did Anna have wrong edge on triple flip, or Am I imagining things?

elee63

Final Flight
It feels like that tech panel wanted Mao to loose. That 3A was beautiful. What were they smoking? So much for the home ice advantage everyone and their mother likes to bring up. Japan is not guilty of it, that's for sure. Quite the opposite it seemed to me they were harsher on their skaters.

You know what though? I'd rather they be overly harsh, than be generous. See how sympathetic we are? Compare our response to the response we gave to Sochi.
Rabid, to say the least...

tana

Match Penalty
Gracie and Anna were undercored in PCS
Carolina was overscored

this competition is a joke

So, if Gracie wins; fair competition. If she's not on the podium; the competition is a joke??!!

I thought Yuna bots were bad enough, and here I find another "bot" who belongs in the same category, hah! :laugh:

ingofan1

Rinkside
Go away debby downer.I love Gracie and Ashley but Ashley out skated Gracie .It was there for her to get a medal and she blew it even Polina bear her.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
and only if Gracie has not so good skates like today
a clean Gracie will beat a clean Wagner anytime

But both of them had better watch out for Polina, who had the second highest TES. She missed the highest by less than a point. PCS is what held her down. All very interesting.

noidont

Final Flight
I think the star of the night is the judging panel, which consists of all Western European and North American last names (well all but one who is Russian), in a sport with 4 Asian last names in the top 10 alone. Strange isn't it.

CarneAsada

Medalist
It feels like that tech panel wanted Mao to loose. That 3A was beautiful. What were they smoking? So much for the home ice advantage everyone and their mother likes to bring up. Japan is not guilty of it, that's for sure. Quite the opposite it seemed to me they were harsher on their skaters.
That 3A was as rotated as it was in the short. The tech panel are idiots.

80% of the time, Japan is only guilty of propping up their #1 skaters over their #2 and #3. Like I said during the GP, Russia's home cooking is far worse.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Mao and Lips don't strike me as that happy on the Podium

I can't tell wether Kostner's happy or not

She's always smiling

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I suppose you're trying to find some silver lining. She should have been behind Wagner, given her errors. Wagner still thwomped her in the FS. :yay:

Certainly not a golden girl yet, that Gracie Gold.
Wagner might as well get used to be about 6th at Worlds every year because she's not moving up on these kids. If the only way she can skate clean is not doing the 3-3 she's not competitive. And if she can't do a 3-3 she's done as a contender.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
But both of them had better watch out for Polina, who had the second highest TES. She missed the highest by less than a point. PCS is what held her down. All very interesting.

I agree Polina can be the future also for US Ladies
certainly she will pass Wagner as No.2 US Lady soon