2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating | Page 51 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
IMO, overly-strict tech panels are just as bad as overly-lenient ones.

as grouchy as this panel was, at least they were harsh on everyone

in sochi, they were lenient on those that came out of russian uteruses and total dicks to everyone else

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I have no idea how Asada's 3A got the < call, btw. It had more rotation than the one she did in the SP (although the flow out wasn't as good).

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
The hate for Gracie in this thread is seriously going overboard.

It is, And it's annoying because people are not hatin' on Gracie,
They're using her as proxy in their hate for the demeanour in which an antagonising poster is conducting him\herself

Both sides should chill in this matter.

cooper

Medalist
Who needs the rotten KSU? Yuna can be Soyoun's guardian angel.

because KSU is run by bunch of idiots.. think of speedy.. but worst in decision making.. the lack of figure skating awareness.. and more busy doing photo ops in the airport..

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Am I the only person who thought Lipnitskaia was scored too high? Her music is very poignant, but she did not move me at all. Also, at least for me, she doesn't seem that musical - there didn't seem to be much line or flow in between the elements. I'm quite a new figure skating fan, though, so I'm curious to know what others think.

JayW

Final Flight
IMO, overly-strict tech panels are just as bad as overly-lenient ones.

On the bright side, at least this tech panel wasn't afraid to give out e calls.

Actually I think it is fine. But overly-strict on some, and overly-lenient on others are rotten like in Sochi.

CarneAsada

Medalist
I have no idea how Asada's 3A got the < call, btw. It had more rotation than the one she did in the SP (although the flow out wasn't as good).
It looks like they just saw the slight wobble (? not even a wobble) on the landing and decided to give it the <. So dumb. I haven't been able to find replay of her 3-3 but the fact that the 3F was called instead of the 3Lo is :laugh: .

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Am I the only person who thought Lipnitskaia was scored too high? Her music is very poignant, but she did not move me at all. Also, at least for me, she doesn't seem that musical - there didn't seem to be much line or flow in between the elements. I'm quite a new figure skating fan, though, so I'm curious to know what others think.

no i agree, she's so robotic

that goddamn drawing in the ice, i have never been so happy to say goodbye to a program

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
girl please, she's known as "gracist gold" among gossip sites' casual skating fanbase

prove it, not some shallow gossip
the bots attacking Gracie must be high schooners or some jealous people for whatever reason

the attacks on Gracie should be monitored

sk8in

Match Penalty
Go So Youn Park!!! She's only 16. I just watched her free skate, and she was great. She wants Yuna's throne!

jcsamex

Rinkside
Carolina got the PCS she deserves. Not even Yuna can match her on that field.

Amazing results. The 3 best skaters are on the podium and on the right spot. :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

elee63

Final Flight

I tend to stay quiet about this, but I agree. The music really carried her, and while she is GRACEFUL, she doesn't have the musicality as of now. Wonder what music she'll use next. If they continue to package her so well though, it might not make a difference. I've realized this season just how much the music will affect one's PCS. Inevitable, but a slightly annoying phenomenon

case in point, Carlolina's short and Pogo's Free. Carolina is a lovely skating with great musicality, but if you mute the sound, there really isn't that much choreo going on. the Ave Maria sets a great tone and atmosphere, and Caro is able to take advantage of that. Ana on the other hand, had a great skate TCS wise (those jumps though), but the music selection really brought down her PCS. She isn't the most expressive skater, but things probably would have turned out differently if her music had been a bit more palatable

elif

Medalist
Protocols says Lipnitskaia first did 3S and then she landed 3Lo. All season she did first 3Lo, then 3S. Why she changed that? :confused:

Good thinking for 2A+3T. I knew after the first axel combo she is going to try that. :cool:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

The problem I have with her is she skates everything in the same mood. I call her Little Miss Forlorn. Unrequited teenage love. Nazi atrocities. All forlorn. All the time. There's no difference. But she's very young. I wonder what she would be like skating to a Latin program. Would that be forlorn too? I wonder...

hurrah

Medalist
W H Y was Mao's triple-axel given an under-rotation call? And even more so the 3 flip-3 loop, which was totally rotated! ***!?