Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 202 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

Nessie

On the Ice
No problem. :) btw , did you know that the male commentator is one of the Eurosport guys? I belive his name is Chris.

For now I only have a link for the NBC version with Johnny and Tarra.http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1u6mh7_v-t-ogsp-masquerade-waltz_sport?start=0

Thanks so much Kinori H. I saved it, like the precious thing that it is, for a few days before I watched it. It's not bad quality, really, so don't apologize and I liked the comments. So many, many thanks again.

Nessie

On the Ice
you mean if he kisses her or not? lol

We used to play this game when I was about 8 years old! You just tip toward someone (though they need to be standing against a wall) and make it seem as if you are going to fall on them, and mash your hands in their face, but at the last minute you move your hands to the wall for support. These guys sure don't have any trouble having a good time when they travel so much!

Alba

Record Breaker
Thanks so much Kinori H. I saved it, like the precious thing that it is, for a few days before I watched it. It's not bad quality, really, so don't apologize and I liked the comments. So many, many thanks again.

Actually it's a great quality 720p HD, but you have to click above on quality and choose 720 HD, because otherwise it will start automatically in a low quality, 240p.

Nessie

On the Ice
Actually it's a great quality 720p HD, but you have to click above on quality and choose 720 HD, because otherwise it will start automatically in a low quality, 240p.

Thanks for zee tip! I wonder if I was just lucky and saw it at 720 without clicking on the higher resolution. Like the rest of this lovely group, I can't wait 'til their new programs.

But overall don't you just find V &T SOOOO lovable? They are so good natured and generally happy it seems. And Max can note his friendship with Scott has lasted ten years. That's no small thing in a highly competitive world, even though they skate in different disciplines. I really admire them so much.

Alba

Record Breaker
But overall don't you just find V &T SOOOO lovable? They are so good natured and generally happy it seems. And Max can note his friendship with Scott has lasted ten years. That's no small thing in a highly competitive world, even though they skate in different disciplines. I really admire them so much.

I love them as skaters a lot. You could see Tatiana since she was skating with Morozov that she was special. Gifted and talented.:)

Nessie

On the Ice
I found a program of another pair to Alan Silvestri's Van Helsing. Here they are, Robynne Tweedale and Steven Adcock from Great Britain.

They seem to be really nice people and adorable couple :)

Thanks for this video. I don’t know how you find these obscure things! Some of the most beautiful melody, the main theme, is here in this piece of music, but only a fragment. It isn’t the same cut that V and T skate to – if I even have that right. What a great difference between young skaters and more experienced skaters. It’s obvious to state, of course, but with young skaters you feel their thinking, “Okay, now I’m going to do this… 2, 3 4, and now I’m going to execute that….5,6 7,8.” And later when they mature, the skating is second nature to expression – as it should be. And if they’re properly coached, the choreography is inseparable from the music.

When I talked about admiring V &T, I mean to admire other skaters (and athletes) as well who work hard and practice and practice and devote themselves to something. When I watched Enbert practicing in West Orange, a bomb could have exploded in the next room and he wouldn’t have noticed -- he was concentrating so deeply as he skated, rocketing across the ice. One has to have tenacity like that to reach the top. Again, ridiculously obvious to even mention this, but I continue to be impressed.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
And I found one more! It's not as unused music as I thought :) Paige Lawrence and Rudi Swiegers.

It was also the part of Kavaguti/Smirnov's fist program together, however I can't find it.

And later when they mature, the skating is second nature to expression – as it should be. And if they’re properly coached, the choreography is inseparable from the music.

Properly coached and properly talented :) The expression of Tania and Max is utterly unusual and splendid, even Savchenko/Szolkowy couldn't compare with them in that case. I think it was the reason why Aliona and Robin chose such an emotionless music as pas de deux from Nutcracker - because they realized that their interpretation is worse than V/T's and the way for them is to show the "beauty of technique". Their Nutcracker was marvelous, I really liked that program and I thought: what a pity that they had done so bad at the Olympics. Of course, I didn't want them to win, what an idea :p But I dreamed about some kind of great duel which Tania and Maxim won with Aliona and Robin on the 2nd place, about 10 points behind them :)

Alba

Record Breaker
V&T choreo looks very good, with intricate step sequence. The music is really good and original, according to my friends. Indian but contaminated with pop.

saray

Rinkside
V&T choreo looks very good, with intricate step sequence. The music is really good and original, according to my friends. Indian but contaminated with pop.
thx for the news! it's promising that we'll see something beautiful.

Nessie, they are lovable as you said and they have something really special that puts them in a higher category than the other pairs. when they skate, even when they do mistakes you can't take your eyes away from them, that's something unique.

svetik

On the Ice

thank you for the information. I's a shame, we won't see V/T programs until SA.
As for award for Couple Of The Year, even if they win, I doubt,V/T will pick it up, as they don't like talking about their private life.
KinoriH, I think, you're right about Stephane preferring to play that game with Max, I'm not sure, whether Tanya would like it though!

Nessie

On the Ice
And I found one more! It's not as unused music as I thought :) Paige Lawrence and Rudi Swiegers.

Very interesting – some nice choreographic bits here. It’s embarrassing though that the audience laughs when he sinks his teeth into her neck in the beginning. (I myself don’t care for any kind of vampire stuff. It’s been done to death. But V &T will be able to rise above the cliché). Also, it seems like some of the music was cut and pasted to suit the program timing, though the same could be said of V &T’s music as I’m not entirely sure even their music is the exact score, bar for bar. Anyway, thanks for this video to chew on!

And I’m envious of Alba’s friends in Italia! But thanks so much for the exiting mini-report! Va bene, grazie mille.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
V&T choreo looks very good, with intricate step sequence. The music is really good and original, according to my friends. Indian but contaminated with pop

You mean the short program, right? Good news then :) But I'm really interested in their free skating - I hope it would be hypnotizing as Waltz Masquerade was.

Also, it seems like some of the music was cut and pasted to suit the program timing, though the same could be said of V &T’s music as I’m not entirely sure even their music is the exact score, bar for bar.

Yeah, it is quite common. The music itself is too long so we have to cut it. Sometimes the effect is wonderful - and sometimes it is awful :p However, Tania and Max have briliant music cutter and all the pieces of their program music are nice to listen to them :) For example:

Black Swan music
Jesus Christ Superstar
Violin Muse