Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 203 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

Nessie

On the Ice
You mean the short program, right? Good news then :) But I'm really interested in their free skating - I hope it would be hypnotizing as Waltz Masquerade was.

Yeah, it is quite common. The music itself is too long so we have to cut it. Sometimes the effect is wonderful - and sometimes it is awful :p However, Tania and Max have briliant music cutter and all the pieces of their program music are nice to listen to them :) For example:

Black Swan music
Jesus Christ Superstar
Violin Muse

absolutely. I know pieces are chopped and cut and fit together but sometimes, as you say, it is so well done that you can't tell. I couldn't tell with Masquerade Waltz and, I guess most of V & T's music. Their music guy was funny -- leaving the machine or whatever it was on the side of the rink and sometimes he'd run it and sometimes he'd leave for a while and Max would run it or Morozov himself would run it too. They were all rather casual but they all knew exactly where to start the music. It was fun to watch.

Alba

Record Breaker
You mean the short program, right? Good news then :) But I'm really interested in their free skating - I hope it would be hypnotizing as Waltz Masquerade was.

Yes the SP. They started today in the afternoon section. One of them said that for her it's their best SP . :cool::eek:
I must say that she doesn't think Masquerade Waltz was their best because it was more like for Ice Dance rather than pair, which is true to a certain point, but that's why I love that program so much. It was unique from everything else and they were just great.

Anyway, she said that the music is original and beautiful and the choreo is beautiful as well. In short, only compliments. :biggrin:

svetik

On the Ice
Alba, thank you for the information. It's nice to hear, your friend's positive comments about V/T short program. It's been unexpected choice of music for me, but I'm glad, they're trying something new.
Dexter is with Tanya and Maxim in Italy http://instagram.com/p/rX13vPOVYx/?modal=true , Maxim has put this photo on his instagram with the words " I don't want your ice-cream"

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Dexter is with Tanya and Maxim in Italy

It's an old photo, but it suits here :D

http://postimg.org/image/9a44txufh/

Yes the SP. They started today in the afternoon section. One of them said that for her it's their best SP .
I must say that she doesn't think Masquerade Waltz was their best because it was more like for Ice Dance rather than pair, which is true to a certain point, but that's why I love that program so much. It was unique from everything else and they were just great.

Anyway, she said that the music is original and beautiful and the choreo is beautiful as well. In short, only compliments.

Thanks for news and we are waiting for more, aren't we? ;-*

liubing

Rinkside
Thank you all for the unique information, music, vidio and pictures of T/M which I enjoy very much. :love:
You all are nice and wonderful! :)

Nessie

On the Ice
Thank you all for the unique information, music, vidio and pictures of T/M which I enjoy very much. :love:
You all are nice and wonderful! :)

I agree! We have some of the most resourceful and positive contributors anywhere. There's nothing you ladies (or guys) can't uncover! I always look forward to visiting our nice Volosozhar and Trankov Documentary site. (Wasn't that host in Taipei a bit dense in struggling to pronounce Tatiana's last name??? Sheese, at least, she could have offered a slight apology for butchering the name! Oh, well....)

Nessie

On the Ice
It's an old photo, but it suits here :D

http://postimg.org/image/9a44txufh/

Thanks for news and we are waiting for more, aren't we? ;-*

The picture is hysterical!

And I agree with you -- not your friends, Alba. Masquerade Waltz is utterly brilliant! Yes, there is the ice dance quality, but there are complex moves woven throughout and the combination of music, costumes, choreography was the most perfect accomplishment I've ever witnessed in figure skating. I just can't praise it enough and it is not only V and T's skills that gave them the Gold, but this inspired program. It was a masterful feat -- from everyone involved.

saray

Rinkside
yes, thx for all the news, great to be updated on their programs
I agree! We have some of the most resourceful and positive contributors anywhere. There's nothing you ladies (or guys) can't uncover! I always look forward to visiting our nice Volosozhar and Trankov Documentary site. (Wasn't that host in Taipei a bit dense in struggling to pronounce Tatiana's last name??? Sheese, at least, she could have offered a slight apology for butchering the name! Oh, well....)
that was unprofessional. obviously it's a hard name to pronounce for them, but she could have learned better before the interview.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
that was unprofessional. obviously it's a hard name to pronounce for them, but she could have learned better before the interview.

That was unprofessional, I agree, on the other hand - Chinese surnames are so "destroyed" by numerous English and non-English journalits that it's their time to take their revenge ;) I'm joking of course but it's true that Chinese are so poor when we talk about pronuncing their names - and they are in worse situation as their names usually (always) have some meaning: e.g. British commentator changing name of Han Cong - he says [kong] = futile, empty (空) instead of [tzong] = clever, wise (聪).

Nessie

On the Ice
That was unprofessional, I agree, on the other hand - Chinese surnames are so "destroyed" by numerous English and non-English journalits that it's their time to take their revenge ;) I'm joking of course but it's true that Chinese are so poor when we talk about pronuncing their names - and they are in worse situation as their names usually (always) have some meaning: e.g. British commentator changing name of Han Cong - he says [kong] = futile, empty (空) instead of [tzong] = clever, wise (聪).

Oh, my!
You're right and too, some of us who are reasonably intelligent (and I include myself in that group!!) , are not always sure which is the FIRST and which is the LAST name! Kim Yuna. Her last name is Kim and her first name is Yuna, right? Or have I embarrassed myself even though I am not wearing a gold dress!

svetik

On the Ice
Oh, and speaking of dresses. I hope Tatiana forgets to pack this dress when she leaves Italy....!

http://instagram.com/p/rOzs2Ej_r0/?modal=true

I might be wrong, but I think, Tanya was wearing that dress last year http://instagram.com/p/cmfW-Qj_rL/ I don't mind the dress. Tanya has got a beautiful fugure. I saw a photo from Shanghai airport, Maxim and Johnny Weir were both looking at Tanya's legs, Tanya noticed it at one point and she got embarrassed and she didn't want to look at Maxim!

isamadelline

Rinkside
New Instagram

Does anyone of you know if this Maxim with two counts of instagram, it appeared on my new account as if it were his.

Alba

Record Breaker
The picture is hysterical!

And I agree with you -- not your friends, Alba. Masquerade Waltz is utterly brilliant! Yes, there is the ice dance quality, but there are complex moves woven throughout and the combination of music, costumes, choreography was the most perfect accomplishment I've ever witnessed in figure skating. I just can't praise it enough and it is not only V and T's skills that gave them the Gold, but this inspired program. It was a masterful feat -- from everyone involved.

I just don't know how many times I must have seen that program till now. I'm addicted. :laugh:

Today they had one session, in the morning. They worked on the step sequence, throws and lifts.

Nessie

On the Ice
I might be wrong, but I think, Tanya was wearing that dress last year http://instagram.com/p/cmfW-Qj_rL/ I don't mind the dress. Tanya has got a beautiful fugure. I saw a photo from Shanghai airport, Maxim and Johnny Weir were both looking at Tanya's legs, Tanya noticed it at one point and she got embarrassed and she didn't want to look at Maxim!

I think she's wearing kind of harem pants, that are loose, but partially open so they reveal the legs. (cool!) Yes, Tanya has a fabulous figure as we know, beautiful neck , arms but the legs deserve a Gold medal all by themselves. She has what my three sisters and I consider most elegant -- “thin knees.” It’s not common, but that’s why her legs are so beautiful. That post on her Instagram of her yesterday sitting on the hotel room bed, lost in thought, where she said, “Life in Travel” also shows how incredible her legs are and she’s sitting down! I have good legs, my sisters have good legs, lots of people all over the place have good legs, but Tanya is record-breaking. They are beyond perfect! She has some pretty great genes. Max is a lucky guy and I believe he knows it.

svetik

On the Ice
Does anyone of you know if this Maxim with two counts of instagram, it appeared on my new account as if it were his.

No, Maxim has got only one count of instagram, the one with his eye, the other one is fake. Somebody managed to hack Maxim's instagram and Twitter a while ago. I think, the fake one belong to cazy guy, who used to post a lot on Tanya's instagram pretending to be Maxim.