Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy 2014 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy 2014

Country
Russia
One question for those who read the ISU communications more carefully than I did :biggrin: Why is it written CCoSp3p4 instead of CCoSp4?

CCoSp3p4 means combination of spins, change of foot, 3 positions, 4th level.
ISU Communication 1884.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
when will the videos be up? there were some for novice skaters on pg 3
I don't believe it was televised, so the only videos are from people who happened to be there... made their own recordings... and were kind enough to upload them.

If we're lucky, there might be more videos uploaded. But don't hold your breath!

composer

On the Ice
I completely understand your point. My take is just that since most of competitions in Asia (apart from Japan and S. Korea) are free why they don't consider giving other countries a chance to host their competitions. Some others might provide us with better access (results or even streaming). Politics will end up killing the sport in this corner of the world too if it keeps going in this direction. :cry:

Could it be that Taiwan is the only country outside of Korea, Japan and maybe China that even put up a bid to host?

Meoima

Match Penalty
I enjoyed Marin's skate more (everything was more fluid, to my eyes, and her jumps are gorgeous) but wow, Yuna's jump layout!! Her layouts look like a senior's, and 3Lz3Lo! Crazy. Thank you for the videos!
And her name is also Yuna. Oh...God...:laugh:

thoakun

Final Flight
Yuna Kim couldn't do a triple loop, let alone 3lz-3lo combo. Maybe Yuna Aoki will become even greater and more successful than Yuna Kim. :love:
Lol, some polices will be coming soon :laugh:
I find Marin's FS to be more engaging and her basics and techniques look really exceptional for a novice skater. Yuna Aoki seemed to be overpowered by the music at times, but her insane layout could give her a cushion to fall back on.

inskate

On the Ice
Yuna's dress color and music cut actually reminded me a bit of Davis/White FD. Amazing improvement since Coupe du Printemps this spring - she improved her FS score by almost 20 points :) Lovely timing of 3S-2A. As somebody said earlier in this thread, the only weak point was the spiral. I also hope she continues to work on her speed and SS to match Marin's (although they are great for a novice skater already).

I wonder why Marin took out her 3F & 3Lz..? From my experience, issues with specifically those two jumps can (for CCW jumpers) be caused by problems with left ankle/knee, or right foot (or sometimes by boot problems, blisters/corns, etc.) I hope she didn't hurt herself practising 4S. Whatever the issue, the rest of her jumps looked good. Her speed, skating skills and music interpretation are exceptional. The costume is a bit distracting (especially those crimson strips at the end of her sleeves), but the choreo (by Tom Dickson) managed to capture my attention despite of it. :)

jimeonji

Final Flight
I am so proud of Shoma - he rotated his 3a, his lutz edge got sooo much better, and his flip looks less hammery! He must have been working very hard this summer and it seems like Ilia is working magic. We'll see tomorrow if he will try that quad in his free.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
CCoSp3p4 means combination of spins, change of foot, 3 positions, 4th level.
ISU Communication 1884.
But... is it necessary? :unsure: Of course all of the skaters competing under IJS are now doing their CCoSp with all of the three basic positions! Or does it refer only to the ratified positions?

inskate

On the Ice
Rika Hongo is so tall now! She seems 80% legs :) Her arms are much more graceful now. If she continues working on the movements of head/shoulders/back and gets a choreo that takes advantage of her figure, she could end up looking quite statuesque. As it is, it was quite a fun program. Her jumps look very powerful. It's a sad thing, however, that she wasn't taught proper posture on jump take-offs when she started skating. It's better now than when she was a novice/junior, but still looks a bit wonky. And just looking at the current novices one can see that the proper posture/technique can be taught (and I hope that any coach that allows their skaters to jump with hammer toes, weird bending at the waist, crazy arm action or kooky 3-turns/mohawks before 3F will be spanked or something :laugh: ).

Riona Kato - immediate brownie points for skating to The Flower Duet :) Another kooky-looking mohawk into 3F - you can almost guess the age of the skaters looking at their jumping technique... Otherwise, very pretty program with nice spins (esp. layback). :agree: She reminds me of Haruka Imai.

Wow Shoma! What a mature, elegant program. Amazing entrances into his spins (which are great as well). Great step sequence! I really hope he'll be able to master 3A/4T one day. :)

Thomas_C

Rinkside
Hello from Germany. Can anybody provide a time schedule/starting list for Ladies FS tomorrow?

Country
Russia
But... is it necessary? :unsure: Of course all of the skaters competing under IJS are now doing their CCoSp with all of the three basic positions! Or does it refer only to the ratified positions?

According to Communication 1884, also may be combo spins with two postions.

andyjo24

Medalist
Hi,

Does anyone happen to have the video for So Youn? I am very curious about her new program.

Thanks!