What? No American Idol Thread? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What? No American Idol Thread?

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
NEW YORK SUMMARY:

I really liked that Rachel who was from Opera School; she had a very interesting Alannis Morissette type thing going. I also liked -- I believe her name was Porcelana Padero, the one who went into "heavy training" for this and had rather a Bonnie Tyler thing going. [Even if I got the name wrong, whatever it is, it belongs in the Name Hall Of Fame, I do remember that much].

What kills me is these people who beg and plead after they've only been told "no" like 19 times; I mean, really, you already emberassed yourself to begin with, at least have SOME dignity left when you leave the room......

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah I know... the 'days of our lives' thing was just :eek: you just want to shake them and say "GET A CLUE!"

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
NEW YORK SUMMARY:

I really liked that Rachel who was from Opera School; she had a very interesting Alannis Morissette type thing going. I also liked -- I believe her name was Porcelana Padero, the one who went into "heavy training" for this and had rather a Bonnie Tyler thing going. [Even if I got the name wrong, whatever it is, it belongs in the Name Hall Of Fame, I do remember that much].
:rock: :rock: :rock:
I missed one of the girls and the guy originally from Denver, now from N. Hollywood that made it.

The "Best Friends Duo" The taller girl - with the bunny smile *swoon* very nice too. EXTREMELY ATTRACTIVE. That will add to her possibilities. The beach thing was just too much. I didn't really get offended or anything ;) but could have done without it and seen more that made it and their auditions. Going to be sad when the friends have to part.
Love the girl that treated it like Rocky, her attitude was "Idol" and I thought Randy was going to purpose. Little to low cut on the pants IMO.
Although "they" seem to be two of the same girl going via "one Opera / classically trained girl" I will be routing for her, very talented. Seems a little "spastic" (not nearly as bad as some) but wonder about her maturity, I think this will grow quick. Definitely interested a little more in her life, where she came from yadda yadda.... Love her first tune and her voice. Does have a little of that Morisett thing.
And the girl from Ontario, Wow all the way around, looked like a Cielen D and Shania wrapped in to one face. She had it all and is not over the top. 3 notes and I new she was in. Very nice Canadian Lady.

The 16 yearold - think he was adopted - was a great voice, hope he doesn't get all conceded as Randy was pointing out, that will ruin some of his appeal.
And the "back for another shot" forgot the lyrics to buttercup guy, AWSOME voice. I'll be routing for him as well.

I felt bad for the George Michael / Simon look a like, but then thought, well at least he will be a standout audition. See what happens to Paula when she doesn't get her "drinkie." She also didn't seem as cute:laugh:

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
In my humble opinion, that Rachel girl from NY is the best I've heard so far this season. Let's see what sort of talent the other locations bring.

Binky30

Rinkside
Ok, Sherman broke my heart tonight. I was fine until he sang, and maybe if he'd been brutally bad or something I would've still been ok, but then he had this decent voice and you could tell he loved her sooooo much, and....I melted.

And thank God Simon had the decency to be classy to him. That would've ruined an otherwise truly amazing moment.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
You know I think 9/10 of his attitude on teh show is put on. Yes he's honest but I don't think he's heartless...

those that come in with horrendous voices are wasting his time (yeah they made him famous, but still) I'd get annoyed really quickly too (especially sitting next to paula all day)

Binky30

Rinkside
Oh, I agree. Most of the time, Simon is hilarious (and I tend to agree with him). I just didn't want it to somehow turn in to "let's have Simon make fun of the old guy".

Binky30

Rinkside
ANNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!! (((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok, Sherman broke my heart tonight. I was fine until he sang, and maybe if he'd been brutally bad or something I would've still been ok, but then he had this decent voice and you could tell he loved her sooooo much, and....I melted.

And thank God Simon had the decency to be classy to him. That would've ruined an otherwise truly amazing moment.
I liked it too. I was doing something else and had it on. What was the survey all about. I didn't quite understand why he was taking a survey.

All of the people were nice to him. I think Simon isn't maybe what people would classify as nice but I would rather have him than my syrupy boss. ugh!!! and Yuk!!!

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
he didn't take a survey he made a petition and had people sign so that he could get on teh show.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
The guy that sang You Belong To Me after his girlfriend died was sure a heart-
breaker. And he has such a nice voice.
The girl and her mother that had the long hair - I thought she had a wonderful
voice. I suppose it just wasn't the type they are looking for. I thought it would have been much better had they said how good she was.
Clay Aiken was on a station, I think it was Today, and told how these people are told to argue with the judges, etc. I suppose that's also why Simon acts the way he does. It's all just to make it more exciting for the viewers.
I have a mute button for when they're really bad. :rofl:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I haven't watch in a week so..
The girl and her mother that had the long hair - I thought she had a wonderful
voice. I suppose it just wasn't the type they are looking for. I thought it would have been much better had they said how good she was.

Was that the Opera girl from NY? Rachael i think? Please no, I had money on her with a friend.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
no the girl with the long hair was in... hollywood's first auditions (we hit hell week next tuesday) and she sounds good enough for something like a Disney show or something, but it was just that decent, not starpower

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Awesome! Thank for the info Toni. She needs to make it 4 weeks at least, and I hope she matures her style and sticks it out with the final 10. Is Her name Rachael / Rachel / Rachelle?