Did anyone watch the BTK show tonight? | Golden Skate

Did anyone watch the BTK show tonight?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I didn't. I am so tired of hearing about him. There's something on the news every day. I also am disgusted that someone is making money on such a horrible crime. :scowl:

Bijoux

Match Penalty
I didn't either, granny.

I went out to eat. I stopped watching dateline, 48 hours etc, because it was always a murder mystery - a real one. And usually man-woman related. Sensation sells on TV. I don't even watch 'desperate housewives' type trash. The choice is so depressing. I wish I had a great FS tape library to share with everyone, esp during off season.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
The media needs to stop sending out the message, that if a person murders, their faces and stories will be all over the news for who knows how long. Yes, we need to find killers who are still out there, but once they are caught, they shouldn't be glorified by the News media. They're just giving people idea's, that killing equals fame. :disagree: There is something terribly wrong with the media's mindset if they do this just so people will get idea's, and just so they can get another news story. That motive is just as evil as being the killer.

mmscfdcsu

On the Ice
All television cares about is ratings. If people would quit watching garbage they would stop putting it on. It is astoundingly easy to turn the channel, or much better turn the set off

backspin

On the Ice
Bijoux said:
I went out to eat. I stopped watching dateline, 48 hours etc, because it was always a murder mystery - a real one. And usually man-woman related. Sensation sells on TV. I don't even watch 'desperate housewives' type trash. The choice is so depressing. I wish I had a great FS tape library to share with everyone, esp during off season.

Exactly! This is also why I don't watch any of the crime-drama shows. Why/how anyone can watch a murder/rape & call it entertainment is beyond me. This is why I own lots of Meg Ryan movies! (and a whole collection of Muppet shows.... :eek: ) Lighthearted comedy sorts of stuff, that's really all I want to see.