Best way to get tickets to SOI? | Golden Skate

Best way to get tickets to SOI?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
My daughter and I have decided to go to Ok City to see SOI. They are still doing the advance ticket thing. I don't know if it would be better to wait until they go on sale publicly. What do you think?

milanessa

Rinkside
If you're interested in on-ice seats then you should use the advance order form. They didn't go to OK City last year so the ice seats weren't reserved early. If there are any left that's the best way to go since you can request on ice specifically and if they aren't available you aren't charged.

If you don't want to be on ice you can still use the form but you won't know where the seats are until you get your tickets. On the other hand if you wait until the public sale you have to work with Ticketmaster. Their web site doesn't let you select seats except to say yes or no to their choice. If you're lucky enough to get through to a person (Ticketmaster is making it harder and harder to do so) you can hope the agent will work with you and you have more chance to sit in the area you prefer.

Another option is to go to the box office when the public sale kicks off. You actually get to look at a seating chart then and have more choice. Of course that assumes you live close to the arena.

Have fun!

gerry

heyang

Record Breaker
I usually go for the internet pre-sale. You just need to add your e-mail address to the SOI mailing list. This way, you get your tickets before the on-sale to public, but can get an idea of where the seat is before purchasing. Ticketmaster does give you a chance to search for other seats by giving up what they offer.

It really depends on your city. I used to see SOI in Manhatten - each year, the advance seats got worse and I was mailing my form in a year in advance. I see the show in Trenton NJ now - since the show is on a weekday, I've been able to get on ice seats or 1st row seats via internet pre-sale. One year I went with 2 other people and we got 4th row towards the center seats about a week before they were on sale to the public.

Also, Trenton is between NYC and Philly, which are usually weekend shows - thus, another reason that Trenton has a lower attendence.