ABC cut out in THE MIDDLE OF Johnny's performance! | Golden Skate

ABC cut out in THE MIDDLE OF Johnny's performance!

CDMM1991

Medalist
Can't be good for the votes! We missed the triple lutz! Did this happen to anybody else?

Yeah, it hapened to everyone. Terry Gannon apologized.

Do you like Terry Gannon's new haircut?

Zanzibar

Final Flight
OMG....I went so ballistic I had to peel myself off of the ceiling! NOT during Johnny's performance - argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh well....even with part of his performance missing I'm confident the voting public can recognize superior skating quality when they see it - and that is Johnny Weir.

bronxgirl

Medalist
i'm more than a little confused. All 3 judges vote for Matt Savoie, they announce the votes from the arena, and Weiss and Weir go onto the next round. Is the on line and phone voting only for the last round? There's no way it could have counted for this one (IMHO):unsure:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Yeah, it hapened to everyone. Terry Gannon apologized.

Do you like Terry Gannon's new haircut?

Aren't you in Detroit? How are you getting live coverage?

bronxgirl said:
i'm more than a little confused. All 3 judges vote for Matt Savoie, they announce the votes from the arena, and Weiss and Weir go onto the next round. Is the on line and phone voting only for the last round? There's no way it could have counted for this one (IMHO):unsure:
Yes, you have 3 minutes to vote. About a minute left for the ladies. The USFS website is running really slow, LOL.

bronxgirl

Medalist
A winner or The winner:p

I like Kurt Browning's performance better than any of the mens finalists...

Last edited:

cmego500

Rinkside
I'm a huge kwan supporter but even i knew that Sasha outskated Kwan and deserved to win.

Also is the first program that kwan performed her short?? I sure hope so because i truly liked the music and i'm hoping that as she gets healthier, her skating improves in speed since she skated that 1st program quite slowly.

kyla2

Final Flight
It's Over For This Year

Well, I wanted to see Michelle skate and I did. It's over for this year from what I can see. If she even places at Nationals it would be a miracle. I think she is still having a very hard time with her injury and all is clearly not well. It was painful to watch frankly. If I was her giving her advice I would tell her to stop right now and wait until she is full healed. It would mean no Nationals and no Olympics, but that is life and it just isn't worth it to continue like this. She should just consider this year done. Sasha's new version of R&J was good but it will be interesting to see the competitive version. She skated very well. Matt Savoie should have been where Michael Weiss ended up, but at least the final result was right.

orchid

On the Ice
Mathman said:
I can get a fuzzy picture from Toledo.

MM :)

I was surprised the ABC affiiliate in Detroit didn't carry this show.
The Flint/Saginaw area affiiliate did. If ever a next time, try WJRT, non-cable channel 12.

equestrianguy

On the Ice
Who in the world designed Jonny's black and white shirt? The Bride of Frankenstein? It looks like he ran into a toilet paper frenzy!!!

orchid

On the Ice
equestrianguy said:
Who in the world designed Jonny's black and white shirt? The Bride of Frankenstein? It looks like he ran into a toilet paper frenzy!!!

:laugh: :laugh: or a disheveled Mummy.. What did that costume have to do with Louis Armstrongs' music

"...toilet paper frenzy!!!" Now that's funny, every so often my cat goes crazy
and unrolls then wraps himself up in the shredded paper. He does this without music, however.

Pau-goodle76

Rinkside
Ya know, I don't know what it is, but everytime that Johnny W. skates to Unchained Melody when I'm watching it, the cable does something crazy! Maybe next time, when he skates to it, I'll just shut my tv off and continue recording. Some crazy stuff.....

chania36

On the Ice
You are lucky because I did not get to see it, ABC did not cover it here even though it was on the tv guide.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I've got the whole program on my computer. If I had time, I'd be happy to turn it into a Windows Media file and upload it. But it would take forever to encode...anyway, I can try...

R.D.

Record Breaker
Eeyora said:
I thought you were the "non-fan"

I voted for the performance that I thought was the best. No fan bias involved. That said, I'll let my votes remain a mystery. I will say to some posters though that I think you actually would be surprised with my choice(s).