Kristi Yamaguchi Friends & Family | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Kristi Yamaguchi Friends & Family

emma

Record Breaker
I can't believe I missed this show, and mised taping it, and I don't have Bravo...urgh... I also can't believe I still read and comment here...:scratch:

guinevere

Final Flight
I thought the premise of the show was super schmaltzy, but I enjoyed some of the skating. Seeing Ekaterina Gordeeva skating with Daria made watching the show worthwhile.

Kurt browning must be the most fun Dad ever. I hated that program, but he's a genius, no matter what he does, and he must be a blast for kids to be around.

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I have now watched the clips and really loved the whole show!!! The kids were all so cute, and Katia and Ilia´s daughter Liza really adorable and the spitting image of Ilia, LOL. She seems to appear in front of TV cameras like a professional performer, ditto for Daria.

Ilia´s new programme "Lady" was very impressive, although the jumps were not on the level I would like to see from him. Is he by the way starting to introduce a new move (from him), the barrels? Ilia´s effortless flow on the ice is really amazing.

Last edited:

IDLERACER

Medalist
guinevere said:
I thought the premise of the show was super schmaltzy, but I enjoyed some of the skating. Seeing Ekaterina Gordeeva skating with Daria made watching the show worthwhile.
The two of them seem to have a bit of trouble ending their spins at the same time.

Teenes

On the Ice
I will never argue that Kurt's a genius =) but I thought I'd just mention that Gary Beacom choreographed that number...it's a rather distinctive style.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Teenes said:
I will never argue that Kurt's a genius =) but I thought I'd just mention that Gary Beacom choreographed that number...it's a rather distinctive style.

that doesn't surprise me... good to hear that Beacom's creative talents are still being used :)

Julie O

Rinkside
The Kristi show was by far the best of the Disson productions this season. Yes, I know we haven't seen Sarah's show yet, but at Kristi's, there was not only a warm and fuzzy feeling, like you were a guest at a family party, but there were skaters we haven't seen for ages, like Tonia. I'm lucky enough to have seen Punsalan and Swallow three times now in the last twelve months, but it's good to have them back on TV. :rock:
As for Brian's special yesterday, I never thought I'd have to see the wretched costumes that Leonova and Khvalko used a few seasons ago in their world pro win, you know, the ones that look like semi-nude centaur people. Urrrrp!

Julie

mememe

On the Ice
Julie O said:
As for Brian's special yesterday, I never thought I'd have to see the wretched costumes that Leonova and Khvalko used a few seasons ago in their world pro win, you know, the ones that look like semi-nude centaur people. Urrrrp!

Julie

I wasn't fond of those costumes, either, and do wish they'd have left those retired (I don't remember seeing them before, so mayb I missed that world pro broadcast, but I would be VERY happy if I never saw them again!)

But while I'd have enjoyed that particular L&K program a lot more had they been "dressed," I thought the show as a whole was very enjoyable and well-put-together. I can't think of a program I didn't like, and I especially enjoyed all three of the skates to Chris Botti (Brian B., Nancy, S&P), the three-pairs program, Jason & Yuka's "Reach Me," L&K's "Right Here Waiting," the trio (Brian, Nancy, Todd) to "Ready to Fly," Silvia & John's duet and Brian's chacha program.

AND I enjoyed not worrying about whether the stupid Gator Bowl was going to (of course) go long and end up chopping the show to bits. I LIKE have Jan. 1 on a Sunday, so the NFL gets it, rather than colleges (although NBC will have some NFL games next year, so maybe that would change).

For me, it was two very good skating shows in two days. Makes me hungry for more.

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
I have to catch the re-broadcast of Brian's show because I was TiVo'ing Reflections from the Ice, which was Nancy interviewing Tai/Randy, Kristi and Brian about their Oly memories and their guesses for Torino.

I thought i was the only one who teared up watching Daria and Liza. All the kids were cute, but they just seem extra special because it is obvious that Daria loves Liza and that they both adore their parents.

Aidan was funny with his "No's".

I watched Kristi's interview from whatever morning show she was on. Keara was so cute as she watched herself on TV.

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I saw that show! Loved it-never saw a skating show like that! Not surprised, because there are all these ones getting married and having babies. :clap: