Worst Storm in BC in Years | Golden Skate

Worst Storm in BC in Years

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
We here in Lotus Land are always bragging about our mild winters and laughing at everyone from Alberta to Prince Edward Island about their horrible winters. We have just received a present from mother nature in the form of a nasty wind storm following a huge snow storm we just dug our way out from. It was horrific and caused major problems on our commutes to and from work. It's not even officially winter yet! This has been storm number three in the past couple of weeks and the nastiest Fall season on record.

http://www.canada.com/globaltv/national/story.html?id=ff0a1c3f-c455-4b38-a2d1-4f72adf26872

heyang

Record Breaker
I know Oregon got hit really hard - lots of people lost power.

As for us in the Northeastern US (or at least the US), we've had the warmest December in quite some time. It's been in the somewhere in the 50's for lots of days - although it does dip into the 30's at night. It's bizarre not having to wear a coat during the day at this time of year. We did have one day where it was only in the 30's during daylight hours and that was the day I had ot walk around NYC all day and stand on top of 30 Rockefeller Plaza (gorgeous view if you ever get the opportunity.)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Yes, lots of people in and around Vancouver and Vancouver Island lost power for days and Stanley Park is devastated. Trees hundreds of years old were ripped out of the park by mother nature's force. It's such a shame. It will take years for these trees to grow back. Some people's homes were lost because huge trees fell on them. It's been quite a fall, I wonder what winter will bring?