Mao Asada skating with her dog. | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada skating with her dog.

SusanBeth

Final Flight
I have to agree with Ladskater. It was adorable, but you do have to consider the animal first here. It could have been really stressful for him. Even if the dog has gotten used to the skating, the audience's presence might have frightened him.

I think dogs like to skate. Sort of like riding in a car with their head out the window. Feeling the breeze against their faces, creating the feeling of running really, really fast, but without doing any of the work.

I might be wrong, but I think I would like it, if I were a dog.

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
I think dogs like to skate. Sort of like riding in a car with their head out the window. Feeling the breeze against their faces, creating the feeling of running really, really fast, but without doing any of the work.

Can you ask for Red Dog's opinion before making those statements?

Lumi

On the Ice
As a dog owner, I don't think he looked scared at all. He wasn't shaking, not trying to jump off... And terrified dog defenitely would not lay on his back in the arms of his owner. Dogs can be held in such a position only when they feel safe.

Cute performance from Mao :agree: .

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Here boy, here boy, let me pet you!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
. And terrified dog defenitely would not lay on his back in the arms of his owner. Dogs can be held in such a position only when they feel safe.

Close truth - but not, a "safe" position to be held in making the dog feel safer. I also don't think he / she looked "terrified" but a little more on the side of, "not my first choice and would like it if it would end." - dog. Much like taking some dogs to the car to head for the groomer or the vet.

I think the aspects of a lot of noisy people, a new place and what seemed to be new form of movement was a bit much to be happening all at once. Safety :p , I don't think anyone who works with animals would have an issue with one of the worlds top skaters tootling around the ice at 15 mph max for a minute with her dog, that seemed to be "OK" just not quite sure of what is happening. A few more times out there and I bet the dog would love it, and I really don't think it was in danger at any time. The spin was the one thing I thought MIGHT be a little much for the dog, other than that..... it was cute and no harm.

Maribelle

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Mai is cuter than Mao

I watched Mai's video after Mao's, it's on the same page and she is prettier and skates more elegantly. She reminds me more of the skaters of the past.:p