Ladies Draw | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies Draw

lcd

Match Penalty
No, they're not, but they are doing that with pairs and dance. The early groups for pairs and dance will go in the morning, the later ones will be televised in the afternoon, and the ladies FS will be held Saturday evening for all the women competing. Just letting y'all know that I recently emailed Icenetwork about them possibly doing live coverage for the early groups for the ladies and mens FS that NBC won't cover, but the answer was negative.

What!?!?! That is infuriating that some skaters can't even get on icenetwork?? They did such in depth coverage of regionals, but get to nationals and.... What is THAT about?? EVERY SKATER who makes it to US Nationals, gets there with blood, sweat, tears, dollars, family, ...I could go on and on. Each skater has friends and family who cannot make the trip, and to not even get to see them on a webcast ARBITRARILY... is just so !@#$ER%T

Sorry to lose it. Am I disappointed as a fan? Of course. But the real reason is that it just BREAKS MY HEART for the kids. Truly breaks my heart.

london_calling

On the Ice
Well, I'm almost positive those performances will be available on demand later. That's how it was last year anyway.

It's not live but considering that before IN many of these skates were never seen by those not attending the event in person, it's an improvement.

LKR

Rinkside
What!?!?! That is infuriating that some skaters can't even get on icenetwork?? They did such in depth coverage of regionals, but get to nationals and.... What is THAT about?? EVERY SKATER who makes it to US Nationals, gets there with blood, sweat, tears, dollars, family, ...I could go on and on. Each skater has friends and family who cannot make the trip, and to not even get to see them on a webcast ARBITRARILY... is just so !@#$ER%T

Sorry to lose it. Am I disappointed as a fan? Of course. But the real reason is that it just BREAKS MY HEART for the kids. Truly breaks my heart.

Well, they will at least be doing on-demand coverage and it should be ready three days or so after the event has concluded. That will include all of the skaters for ladies and mens, but I'm at a loss as to why IN can't give us live coverage of groups that NBC isn't broadcasting and it's not like they are taking away any viewers. However, we should all be appreciative that we at least IN to supply us with all of this coverage, even if it isn't all live.

iceminx

On the Ice
Favorite skaters in all the groups -that's a first!:biggrin:
Good luck to them

Group 1
4 Karen Zhou, All Year FSC
5 Alissa Czisny, Detroit SC

Group 2
6 Caroline Zhang, All Year FSC
11 Angela Maxwell, Dallas FSC

Group 3
13 Mirai Nagasu, Pasadena FSC
17 Laney Diggs, All Year FSC

Group 4
20 Beatrisa Liang, All Year FSC

btw- how is Chrissy Hughes skating this season?

Wrlmy

Medalist
Watching nationals is so not good for my heart. Alissa's skating in the 1st group, so that means I need to be drunk by 8.

Favorite skaters in all the groups -that's a first!:biggrin:
Good luck to them

Group 1
4 Karen Zhou, All Year FSC
5 Alissa Czisny, Detroit SC

Group 2
6 Caroline Zhang, All Year FSC
11 Angela Maxwell, Dallas FSC

Group 3
13 Mirai Nagasu, Pasadena FSC
17 Laney Diggs, All Year FSC

Group 4
20 Beatrisa Liang, All Year FSC
For symmetry, how about adding Taylor Firth :rock: to group four? :)

ks777

Record Breaker
I am hoping for Mirai to skate clean both SP and LP. Dose anyone know if she is still having underrotation issues?

feraina

Record Breaker
I can't believe it either! It's been very hard to concentrate on anything else, work or anything else. :biggrin: