Free dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Free dance

lmarie086

Medalist
In the order that I watch them.

Kerrs: One of their best performances, EVER! There was absolutely nothing that could have pulled me away from watching them, they were spellbinding. Great, great routine. And I was so happy at their reactions in the K&C, seeing John cry almost made me start!

Pechalat/Bourzat: great performance! This FD has come a long way from the beginning of the season, and it looked wonderful here. They've improved in their skating over the course of the season.

Zadorozhniuk Verbilo: Carmen, but I actually enjoyed it! This is a team with lots of potential, I've been very impressed with them. Much improved over their showing at CoR. On a shallow note, it may just be me but their costumes didn't seem to go with each other.

Capellini/Lanotte: beautiful! At the beginning of the season I was worried that this might not show their personalities to their advantage, but they were quite lively in this performance! Increased speed and flow, everything looked great. I loved her beaming smile at the end and when she hugged Luca :)laugh: at his fuzzy white sweater!)! And after watching F/S, to me C/L were much better in the FD and I think are well on their way to being a better team. I can understand their frustration as to how they are judged in relation to F/S (I don't get it either).

Khokhlova/Novitski: I think they deserved their win. They've improved a lot since last season, but I still don't consider them a favorite team of mine. Their footwork looks a lot better, but they are still losing speed noticeably. I also still think there is still too much emphasis on her super bendiness, and she is much stronger technically than he is. I do really like this dance though, it's come a long way this season. I think when healthy, DomShabs are better dancers, but Khokhlova/Novitski are better at creating a mood and keeping the audience captivated. (on a shallow note...Novitski, get a different haircut!!)

Faiella/Scali: Another team that I think has improved, but I still don't get them. I loved their FD in an early summer performance I watched on youtube, but I haven't had that same enjoyment since. I thought the Kerrs should have been silver.

Tigger

Final Flight
Could someone post the final standing please?

I doubt I'll get to see this anytime soon between being on Rural Canadian Dial Up Hell and any skating performances being taken off left right and centre over at YouTube, but it sounds like it was one heck of a Dance Compeitiion. This is very quickly becoming the event I'm looking most forward to at Worlds just because there's just so many good couples out there and also really interesting programs.

THRILLED for the Kerrs!! I'm Scottish Canadian so...YAY for them!! :biggrin:

figuristka

Medalist
Here was top 10
1 Jana KHOKHLOVA / Sergei NOVITSKI
RUS
196.91 1 1 1
2 Federica FAIELLA / Massimo SCALI
ITA
186.17 2 2 4
3 Sinead KERR / John KERR
GBR
185.20 3 3 3
4 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT
FRA
184.84 4 4 2
5 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE
ITA
172.67 7 6 5
6 Pernelle CARRON / Matthieu JOST
FRA
168.03 6 5 7
7 Anna ZADOROZHNIUK / Sergei VERBILLO
UKR
160.62 9 9 6
8 Ekaterina RUBLEVA / Ivan SHEFER
RUS
156.43 12 10 9
9 Kristin FRASER / Igor LUKANIN
AZE
156.00 11 11 10
10 Katherine COPELY / Deividas STAGNIUNAS
LTU
155.57 15 8 8

kosjenka

On the Ice
i wanted to write my free dance notes, but after reading all this i felt like i should share some information regarding all this fuss about the Zaretskis not going to the Olympics.

Last two times - Words one year before were qualifications for Olympics. Countries qualify - not skaters. Does anybody remember that ?

However - even if you fail to qualify - there is always an event during the Olympic season where you can. Like in 2001 that was Golden Spin of Zagreb. Since Abitbol/Bernadis withdrew from worlds 2001 due to injure - they went to golden spin, won and had their ticket to Olympics. They later injured themselves and didn't go.

But - the Federation decides weather you go to the Olympics or not ! I remember hearing that UK federation told their skater Zoe Jones that she will go to SLC only if she wins a medal on Golden Spin or finished in top 10. don't remember exactly. Well she finished in 11th place which have her a spot at SLC but her Federation decided not to send her. But that was their decision - not the ISU.