2018 Europeans Free Dance | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Free Dance

catgirl

Spectator
A quick question, folks. Anyone know who the male commentator was during the Pairs Free with (I think it was) Tanith?

icedance

On the Ice
People keep saying that W/P will continue at least 2 years, and same for H/D and C/B but now many people think that Maia and Alex will retire :rolleye:, Maia is 23 yo guys, she is only 1 year older than Stepanova and Gabriella P. . I mean, if there are 30 yo skters competing I see no reason for Maia 23 yo and Alex 26 yo retire now.

Anna Capellini is 30 yo
Meryl was 27 yo in Sochi
Tessa is 28 yo, Scott is 30 yo
Kaitlyn Weaber is 28 yo, Andrew 30 yo
Madison Chock is 25, Evan is 28yo
Madison H is 26, Zach is 27 yo

So, if they can continue competing, Maia and Alex can do it too.

Anna and Luca said that they won’t compete for 4 years again, but maybe they’ll stay in the next season. They haven’t officially said that they’ll retire.

Barb

Record Breaker
Anna and Luca said that they won’t compete for 4 years again, but maybe they’ll stay in the next season. They haven’t officially said that they’ll retire.

I know, I meant that they are still competing being 30 years old.

all that

Final Flight
Ice dance is the most predictable discipline though, no?

This. Plus the judges have indicated all year that they vastly prefer PC. In 2011-2012, the judges still preferred VM's skating skills over DW, but VM kept making mistakes. They finally got it together at Worlds and so won, but that was the last time they won against DW.

all that

Final Flight
Olympics judges will be the same who were on grand prix final (4 of them) and europeans (4 of them) and in addition poland, slovak, Israël and another chinesse and US (Sharon R),

The OGM winner will be the one the judges like best, assuming everyone skates clean. Just looking at the above list, the answer should be obvious.

dcnative

On the Ice
Even beyond the twizzle mistake, Anna did not look "on" today. That program has such potential. I really hope they are able to perform well at the Olympics and at Worlds in their home town. It would be a terrific closure to their competitive careers!

You really see the dependency on her partner in this performance. I notice that they have Marina listed as one of their coaches, I think that when they get with a coach that challenges them to improve technically they get very uncomfortable. It makes me wonder why they don't train all year with a technical coach instead of bringing one in mid-season. I would have had them finish lower than the second Italians both in the short dance and the free (the SD was particularly frantic and messy to me).

cell

On the Ice
Guignard / Fabbri were undermarked... they skated so well!

Apart from P&C, they were my faves, as well as Hurtado & Khaliavin (I'm sick of Don Quixite, but it suits them really well) ... Sorensen & F-B were excellent too

Hope Anna and Luca kick ass at Olys and Worlds

cell

On the Ice
This. Plus the judges have indicated all year that they vastly prefer PC. In 2011-2012, the judges still preferred VM's skating skills over DW, but VM kept making mistakes. They finally got it together at Worlds and so won, but that was the last time they won against DW.

Exactly, I don't see anything unpredictable about P&C being OG medalists either IF they skate cleanly.. Love V&M (maybe not Moulin Rouge though) but as you said judges have indicated a preference for P&C

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Guignard / Fabbri were undermarked... they skated so well!
A lovely couple, every year with splendid programs. I hope they can gain at least one european medal, before start to think of retirement. They can do it :agree2:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I feel really sorry for Anna and Luca...they could easily make the podium if they skate clean. But something really not okay with Anna :confused: :sad4:

Like I have mentioned it is hard to feel bad for anna and Luca - they have had along career and they have a worldtitle andwhile they arguably deserved it sodoes Weaver and Poje, The shibutani's, Chock and BAtes, Hubbell and Donahoe, B/S et al and all o r almost all of them will leave without a world title. So nothing against the Italians they have had their 15 seconds of fame something equally as good teams will not experience.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
They were overscored

I really love the music and their performance and the score doesn't matter here it is the placement which is correct. HOWEVER, p/c have essentially been crowned ogm and I feel that whilei u nderstand while people like them and their music over say Moulin Rouge - the better ice dancers imho are VM. i don't like Scott that much sometimes and what he says or how he says, it; I don't like mr but if you coudl seaprate your like or dislike for the muszic they really are the better team - better edges, better in equalness and quality but the magic that pc has which I would say vm matches easily somehow the judges forgive that Gabby while not horrible and im proved is noticeably not as good as Guiaumme. We have already said it doesn't really matter that pc have issues or a lack of ability to do the romantic, lyrical yes, but for whatever reason they don't come off too convincing when it comes to romantic type skates. Something very soft about about Cizeron's skating - like Toller Cranston - artsy, soft, almost balletic but no romance with Gabby. Still deserved or not the judges have seen to take a liking to pc even in the short which I thin favours V?m. if the compulsories were back I think we would see V/M ahead as the lack of versatility of pc would show more - they aren't horrible but just not as consistently wonderful at all dances unlike V/M. But life isn't fair. VM better get used to not winning because it won't happen.

all that

Final Flight
I really love the music and their performance and the score doesn't matter here it is the placement which is correct. HOWEVER, p/c have essentially been crowned ogm and I feel that whilei u nderstand while people like them and their music over say Moulin Rouge - the better ice dancers imho are VM. i don't like Scott that much sometimes and what he says or how he says, it; I don't like mr but if you coudl seaprate your like or dislike for the muszic they really are the better team - better edges, better in equalness and quality but the magic that pc has which I would say vm matches easily somehow the judges forgive that Gabby while not horrible and im proved is noticeably not as good as Guiaumme. We have already said it doesn't really matter that pc have issues or a lack of ability to do the romantic, lyrical yes, but for whatever reason they don't come off too convincing when it comes to romantic type skates. Something very soft about about Cizeron's skating - like Toller Cranston - artsy, soft, almost balletic but no romance with Gabby. Still deserved or not the judges have seen to take a liking to pc even in the short which I thin favours V?m. if the compulsories were back I think we would see V/M ahead as the lack of versatility of pc would show more - they aren't horrible but just not as consistently wonderful at all dances unlike V/M. But life isn't fair. VM better get used to not winning because it won't happen.

If CDs returned, PC would still be scored higher. PC are simply the greatest team of all time ever. Their skating is perfect, their expression is perfect, their interpretation is perfect, and the judges agree. Rows and rows of +3s and 10s, and that's when they aren't even putting their full energy into it!! No need for Nats inflation for them. They will crush VM and every team at the Olympics, and at every competition they enter from now until they retire, which I hope is at least a decade from now!

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Rows and rows of +3s and 10s, and that's when they aren't even putting their full energy into it!!

You see, this is the crux of the problem in itself. If a team can not put all their energy into a program and still get maximum scores out of it, then the system has failed. Of course, this is just another example of it, because it happens in all disciplines.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
well Im happy if B/S dont retire

the thought of SB being our #1 makes me :tantrum:

:laugh:

Congrats PC! :luv17: mesmerising

also Sara & Kirill!:cool::love: