Mens' LP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Mens' LP

First two groups of men's long program

For those of you who have seen it, what are your impressions of anyone of them to be a top skater in the future?

I thought the following had some potential:

MinSeok KIM

Mark WEBSTER

Song GAO

kevin ALVES

samba

On the Ice
For those of you who have seen it, what are your impressions of anyone of them to be a top skater in the future?

MinSeok KIM

Mark WEBSTER

Song GAO

kevin ALVES

Also Abzal Rakimgalev (KAZ) has the jumps, need to polish the presentation.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Thank you for all the updates

btw i was looking at the guide on french cbc and it said something about skating being shown at 15:22 on the 7th so must be today. But not sure if its the same for online.

Thank you, figuristka. The notice that said "tomorrow" and at 15 hours and 22:30 appears on a video of a panel discussion showing bits of the ladies and others, so perhaps it was made yesterday, and the "15 h" they show was for today at Pacific Time. After seeing your post, I found my way back to that video, and the announcement was still there, referring to "demain", i.e., "tomorrow". I noticed the 15:22 you quoted, and now I think maybe it will be on later today on Radio-Canada.ca. That would be at 18:22 Eastern Time. We can hope. ;)

ETA : URL from video

http://www.radio-canada.ca/audio-vi...RDI2/RDIEnDirectMatin200902070800_6.asx&pos=0

and amateur, thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

gotta dash off soon.

Last edited:

amateur

Final Flight

MinSeok KIM

Mark WEBSTER

Song GAO

kevin ALVES

Of the ones you listed, Alvez is not bad in that he had good level of steps, and "gets" the performance... but a long way to go in terms of tech content and confidence/attack. I think Hernandez of Mexico has the most potential, depending on how far he can go with jump content.

lisou

On the Ice
Excuse me again but, for those of you more gifted with time zones than I am, when should it be on today for GMT+1 ?

lisou

On the Ice
I think he's 15, I'll go and check.

ETA : well no need for that now, he'll be 16 this year.

ANW

On the Ice
oh please, leave the biellmann spin to the ladies that's way too pretty for a guy:rofl:

amateur

Final Flight
Denis Ten, KZK

Rach piano concerto 2
tarasova choreo

3a-3t good on music
1a pop
3lz nice
flying sit well centred
different leauge than previos competitors
3lz-2t-2lo (edge?)
1f
3lo good
commentator comending his carriage, positions
3s
2a (was that a seq?)
mild wobble in footwork

that was really quite nice! soft and sensitive, yet athletic presentation. he seems a small guy, and perhaps will have to make his moves bigger in the future? and even better flow? but that was really well-delivered. He's 15... has a refinement beyond his years.

123.50 -- 184.82 -- 1st

screech

Final Flight
Jeremy Ten is doing awesome!! A lot of the audience is on its feet.

Last edited:

figuristka

Medalist
found cctv5 chinese tv but they were showing soccer/ football. Should we remain hopeful it comes on before the last group :p