Michelle's new music | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Michelle's new music

flutzilla

Rinkside
Tosca, Irina and Michelle....

euterpe said:
I always thought her "Don Quixote" program was her career best.

"Don Quixote" is one of my favorite Irina programs too. :)

And Joesitz ITA -- I'll also always be a big fan of Michelle, even if I don't always love her music.

Last edited:
Mathman said:
One thing for sure, Michelle never does what you expect. Just when you think you've got her figured out, off she goes in a new direction.
Which means she could change her mind about using "Tosca";) I was surprised when the music started playing, but now I'm intrigued to see what Michelle and team do with the choreography and what Michelle does with the skating. Having said that, if Michelle doesn't feel comfortable with "Tosca," I think she will say "No" and go with her own selection. Who does Morozov think he is anyway? Michelle Kwan?
Rgirl

nymkfan51

Medalist
I really hope she does what she she wants. I've been kind of bummed by all the negative commentary on Tosca.
First of all, we all know Michelle in October is not the same Michelle we see in January. I fully expect her to be in fighting shape by then.
Secondly, I like Tosca ... so I would hate to see her dump this program so fast.
But I agree it's possible ... she has more than enough time to come up with something new.

I just hate that we won't see her now till Nationals! :cry:

Bynx

On the Ice
RealtorGal said:
Morasov may have suggested the music, but Michelle makes the final decision. She could have said NO.

Why should she've said no anyways?

I'm sure Michelle likes the choice and
trusts Nikolai's decisions.

All this drama!:eek:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Bynx said:
Why should she've said no anyways?

I'm sure Michelle likes the choice and
trusts Nikolai's decisions.

All this drama!:eek:

What I meant was that if Michelle did not like the music to "Tosca," she would not be skating to it this season. Obviously, she likes it.

euterpe

Medalist
We WILL see Michelle before Nationals. She's skating in the USFSA winter cheesefest in Detroit.

shine

Record Breaker
Bynx said:
FYI,
Kwan didn't pick the music.
It was picked by Morosov.

Yeah, okay. But your point...?

Personally I'm glad to hear that Michelle using this majestic opera piece. It could be so stunning if she really makes use of it. But what she can/will do with it is an entirely different thing...

Bynx

On the Ice
shine said:
Yeah, okay. But your point...?

Personally I'm glad to hear that Michelle using this majestic opera piece. It could be so stunning if she really makes use of it. But what she can/will do with it is an entirely different thing...

FYI, for all the people bitching about the choice!;)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I personally liked both Sasha's and Michelle's interpretation of their particular music selections. It's not the music that gets old, but the presentation of the skater. Michelle's "Tosca" was refreshing because she wasn't trying to "become" the title character........she skated beautifully to beautiful music. Sasha's "Swan Lake" was totally different than any other I have seen.........and good for both of these ladies.......skate on! 42