Yuna Kim | Page 226 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
????

2days of posts Whooosh... all disappeared just like Yuna's mysterious PCS difference to Russian Juniors today.

:confused:

Last edited:

skaterr

On the Ice
OMG, is it true? There will be ATS show this summer but without Yuna? http://news.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=20160418000605
Nevertheless, I'm glad they decided to do it anyway

It says briefly..
After her retirement, she has not skate for a while. Yuna thought she hasn't been prepared for her show. This time the korean skaters should be in the spotlight.

In spite of Yuna not being in ATS show, they will do their best to prepare the show to live up to figure skating fans' expectations.

ava

On the Ice
It says briefly..
After her retirement, she has not skate for a while. Yuna thought she hasn't been prepared for her show. This time the korean skaters should be in the spotlight.

In spite of Yuna not being in ATS show, they will do their best to prepare the show to live up to figure skating fans' expectations.

Thank you for your translation:) I wonder who will choreograph the show this time

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
It says briefly..

I don't know if I'm just being overly positive but it sounds like Yuna will skate in ATS in the future. But right now she feels unprepared to be part of this year's show. :) If I miss watching the Olympics (because the tickets for international audience is scarce), I'll aim for ATS. I hope she'll do ATS in the future :)

skaterr

On the Ice
I don't know if I'm just being overly positive but it sounds like Yuna will skate in ATS in the future. But right now she feels unprepared to be part of this year's show. :) If I miss watching the Olympics (because the tickets for international audience is scarce), I'll aim for ATS. I hope she'll do ATS in the future :)

I think Ice show in korea could be quite a profitable summer business. Yuna can have her own ice show surely. She has lots of her royal fans in korea. Many light fans consists of families tend to go to her show especially in summer.

gourry

Final Flight
Yay! Something to look forward to in summer. :D
ATS without Yuna is a bit sad, but in weird sense I'm glad that she's not doing it this summer.
If she does a show this summer, and if she is anywhere near her condition to her previous shows(and given what a perfectionist Yuna is, she will be), some people will surely pressure Yuna to come back to competition for the Olympics spots, because honestly, even ice show level Yuna is still miles better than any of current Korean ladies.

Last edited:

ahy

Final Flight
That's what popped up in my mind when I was reading the news :luv17:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Sochi Ladie's long last groups has been uploaded here (this account also has other groups of 2014 OG and 2010 OG). Fingers crossed it won't get deleted soon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S93ozuArSA
just watch it from start to the end with a peace and fresh mind, BTW do NOT skip Sot :)
For me, once again after watched the whole thing, Yuna really really really should be the winner and a very very deserving 2 time olympic champion.
I will not put any words here as why, as how I felt about everyone's performance, after watch the whole thing again.
Just watch it and your will see and you heart will feel it.
I am just glad that Yuna left these 2 programs for all the skating fans.
BTW, I witnessed Med broke Yuna's LP record in person live in Boston, to be honest I don't feel a thing at the time nor after.:biggrin: thus no comment from me regarding this since then.:biggrin:
Another thing is that from the last group, I was pleasantly surprised how good Gracie was at the time. if she landed her 3F, she should be the highest TES. her jumps and spins were really good back then.

butters

Rinkside
Sochi Ladie's long last groups has been uploaded here (this account also has other groups of 2014 OG and 2010 OG). Fingers crossed it won't get deleted soon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S93ozuArSA
just watch it from start to the end with a peace and fresh mind, BTW do NOT skip Sot :)
For me, once again after watched the whole thing, Yuna really really really should be the winner and a very very deserving 2 time olympic champion.
I will not put any words here as why, as how I felt about everyone's performance, after watch the whole thing again.
Just watch it and your will see and you heart will feel it.
I am just glad that Yuna left these 2 programs for all the skating fans.
BTW, I witnessed Med broke Yuna's LP record in person live in Boston, to be honest I don't feel a thing at the time nor after.:biggrin: thus no comment from me regarding this since then.:biggrin:
Another thing is that from the last group, I was pleasantly surprised how good Gracie was at the time. if she landed her 3F, she should be the highest TES. her jumps and spins were really good back then.

This is kind of a stupid question, but do you know why all these Olympic videos have been taken down? If it's a money issue, then it's extremely stupid IMNSHO. It's not like channels like NBC need even more money, and it's not like the 2014 Olympics are something that regularly show on TV.

Last edited:

begin

Medalist
This is kind of a stupid question, but do you know why all these Olympic videos have been taken down? If it's a money issue, then it's extremely stupid IMNSHO. It's not like channels like NBC need even more money, and it's not like the 2014 Olympics are something that regularly show on TV.

Channels like NBC always need more money :sarcasm:

I imagine it's part of their agreement with broadcasters. By ensuring that free footage won't be available for years afterwards, the live coverage maintains high viewership?

yyyskate

Record Breaker

Yuna's OG videos (both 14 and 10) has been deleted many times, but usually they can be uploaded again on youtube very quickly, so it is relatively easy to find Yuna's OG videos, but not so much about other skaters.
I usually would suggest to save it but that link is a whole group, kinda big so not sure about that.
Actually, NBC is kinda lenient about upload their figure skating on youtube, those very early youtube uploads of Yuna's sochi video is actually ALL NBC version. that is even before the her video links on NBC's own website get de-activated.
All other broadcast media used IOC version, that is the one get deleted immediately (e.g. CBC's), that is why until today, Yuna's sochi video has only NBC version or fan-edit version on youtube other than that one official video (which has glitches...) by IOC channel .
I guess it is perhaps more of a OG copyright issue. it is been 2 years now, so maybe it get a little flexible?
Also, those big figure skating upload account such as this one, may has some business relation with Youtube. they somehow managed to upload many figure skating videos with copyright issue without get deleted, but other fans who tried to upload Yuna's sochi videos had trouble uploading it(get deleted).
Also, KBS (or other korean broadcast skating videos) are good ,because, they usually has HD quality and their commentary not much and in a language I dont understand, so it wont distract me from appreciate skater's performances.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Moycm3-EA
this one has Yuna's SITC. Also fab performances from kaetlyn and polina from previous groups and lovely Zijun.
Yuna appeared nervous in the warm-up and failed her lutz attempt, and she did her little cross thing. but OMG when the music is on.
She is just soooooo beautiful, so different from everyone else!:luv17::eek::

EDIT: Yuna's nerves of steel, nerves of steel != consistency, it is when you are even in a not ideal condition, when you are nervous, when you are caring the highest pressure, you still can put out your best performance, when it counts the most!

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Yuna's individual video of Sochi programs both versions has been uploaded by this account.
Finally I have one place to watch Yuna's original Sochi programs in both versions in great quality on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_2Zs8zU2EvhU1WIby7VGog
Yuna -- my favorite skater.
:luv17::eek:::love:

to understand the meaning of "breathtaking" watch Yuna's Sochi programs. I was tired and late in the night, after watching a bunch of programs from this season, I wandered into the new uploads from this youtube account, and again, it took my breath away, literally!

Krislite

Medalist
All That Skate Summer 2016 Ice Show roster: A. Wagner, D. Ten, Cappellini/Lanotte, Savchenko/Massot, E. Radionova, Misha Ge, Soyoun Park, Young You, Eunsoo Im, Jinseo Kim, Junehyoung Lee, Kim/Minov, Sohyun Ahn.

June 4 - 6. Yuna herself will sit out this one. :)

begin

Medalist
All That Skate Summer 2016 Ice Show roster: A. Wagner, D. Ten, Cappellini/Lanotte, Savchenko/Massot, E. Radionova, Misha Ge, Soyoun Park, Young You, Eunsoo Im, Jinseo Kim, Junehyoung Lee, Kim/Minov, Sohyun Ahn.

Love this lineup!

Wonderful of Yuna to keep ATS going. Is David Wilson still involved?

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist

Maybe Yuna will host.