Patrick Chan | Page 147 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

Seeing Patrick and V/M really made it obvious to me that they outclass the current competitors. I have missed them so much this season. Great show with great performances from everyone - Kurt, Jeff, Joannie, W/P, and Kaetlyn. Wish to have seen a solo from Shawn too.

"Sublime" is the word I chose specifically to describe Patrick's skating in a post here and these days it seems to be the word when it comes to his skating. It has often been said that Patrick makes the most difficult look easy. Now, he makes the most difficult look easy and elegant. Every movement from him is so elegant now. His perfect posture has been cited lately by quite a few on this board, including non-fans. No matter what others say, I'm glad he invested in taking dance lessons seriously in his quest for greater artistry. It is a success. No other male figure skaters exude such easy elegance, with the exception of John Curry who never had to perform anything near the level of difficulty of Patrick's programs.

I can't wait for him to return to competition ice. He will show who the true master is.

Coriana

On the Ice
Seeing Patrick and V/M really made it obvious to me that they outclass the current competitors. I have missed them so much this season. Great show with great performances from everyone - Kurt, Jeff, Joannie, W/P, and Kaetlyn. Wish to have seen a solo from Shawn too.

"Sublime" is the word I chose specifically to describe Patrick's skating in a post here and these days it seems to be the word when it comes to his skating. It has often been said that Patrick makes the most difficult look easy. Now, he makes the most difficult look easy and elegant. Every movement from him is so elegant now. His perfect posture has been cited lately by quite a few on this board, including non-fans. No matter what others say, I'm glad he invested in taking dance lessons seriously in his quest for greater artistry. It is a success. No other male figure skaters exude such easy elegance, with the exception of John Curry who never had to perform anything near the level of difficulty of Patrick's programs.

I can't wait for him to return to competition ice. He will show who the true master is.

We don't have a "like" on this forum, but I loved this post from SkateFiguring.

leolion11

On the Ice
Happy Birthday Patrick! May you have a great 24th birthday :cheer: can't wait to see you back in competition next season :biggrin:

m0001

On the Ice
Someone mentioned 2015 U.S. Stars on Ice in FSU: "The big surprise for me, and worth the trip alone, was seeing Patrick and Katia participate as the third "dance" team in group numbers."
Can we expect to see the same at the Canada SOI too?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Someone mentioned 2015 U.S. Stars on Ice in FSU: "The big surprise for me, and worth the trip alone, was seeing Patrick and Katia participate as the third "dance" team in group numbers."
Can we expect to see the same at the Canada SOI too?

Heh, I'd like to see the dance on video now.

eta. Over the years, Patrick has mentioned Yuna, Tessa, and Alissa as partners he would like to skate with when asked. Katia? A surprise and a seemingly successful one.

Last edited:

m0001

On the Ice
A fan posted in FSU: "I attended last night's show in Peterborough. Patrick was on his game for sure! He looked happy and comfortable out there, and didn't put a foot wrong. I loved the Beatles number, which was a combination of "Dear Prudence" and "Blackbird". Being a huge Beatles fan, I was enthralled. The second number he did was apparently (according to PJ) called "Mess Is Mine". I felt that he got into this piece more, and really skated his heart out. Clean jumps, amazing spins..."
For more, go to:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...d-chiddy-biddies-think-chan-can.91078/page-24

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
A couple of pics from Patrick's Twitter that I thought were worth posting here.

An ornament on his Christmas tree. I WANT ONE! :)
https://twitter.com/Pchiddy/status/547424618798387200

The honor of skating in Lake Placid: https://twitter.com/Pchiddy/status/550194186356813824

He seems to be loving life. I'm surprised that no fancams have surfaced yet from 2015 SOI. Is there a no videos policy or am I just overly greedy? Patrick and Katia skating together is a skating skills dream come true! :love: And his solo numbers are always standouts, of course.

ETA: On FSU, nlyoung gave details about the Katia/Patrick pairing:
Given the US show also has the Kerrs, it says a lot that they chose to go with Patrick and Katia. He is certainly sinuous in a very Kurt way :cool: and the two of them do an excellent job with the tango number. They don't have the lifts of the others, but Patrick does do several simple lifts with her so they are not out of place. They make use of their singles skills as well to balance it out. In one of Katia's numbers she "dances" with a chair then leaves to skate solo. Patrick come out and drapes himself in the chair, she comes over and the two of them "dance" with him in the chair, then when she leaves he exits and she finishes on her own. They are also paired in all the group numbers. This likely started because of size (he's the smallest male skater out there) but they obviously showed their potential early on in order to be used so extensively. In terms of his ability to move with the music, Patrick does just as good a job (if not better) as any of the male dancers out there so was not out of place in the least. Say what you want about his choice of coach for the past couple of years, she has certainly helped him learn how to move

nlyoung also said that the Lake Placid show was recorded for TV, so maybe it will end up on YouTube someday after all.

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Heh, I'd like to see the dance on video now.
eta. Over the years, Patrick has mentioned Yuna, Tessa, and Alissa as partners he would like to skate with when asked. Katia? A surprise and a seemingly successful one.
Yuna and Tessa are a bit too tall for Patrick. I wonder how tall is Alissa?