Canadian Nationals Prediction Contest | Golden Skate

Canadian Nationals Prediction Contest

Jennifer

On the Ice
Canadian Nationals Prediction Contest

Entry Form

Predict the top 6 finishers at Canadian Nationals. The deadline for entries is January 4, 2004.

Scoring will be the same as in prior years:

7 points for exact predictions
5 points if your prediction is off by 1 place
4 points if it is off by 2 places
3 points if it is off by 3 places
2 points if it is off by 4 places
1 point if it is off by 5 places

As always, there are NO prizes.

Good Luck!

Jennifer

On the Ice
Well, I answered this in the other thread in the U.S. Nationals section. I run this contest myself. It is not sponsored by anyone.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I'd like to try my hand at this, but I am unable to get the competitor's list so I'm not exactly sure who all is going to be there. Went on the skatecanada website but unless they've got it squirreled away somewhere odd, I couldn't find it. Would anyone know where I might be able to find this out?

Jennifer

On the Ice
Oddly Skate Canada seems to have taken the entry list down. I have the page bookmarked but now all it says is that the entry list is to come. In any case, I have all the names listed on the entry form.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
How do the alternates work on the Entry Form? Are those basically picks for 7th & 8th, or... ???

Jennifer

On the Ice
JonnyCoop said:
How do the alternates work on the Entry Form? Are those basically picks for 7th & 8th, or... ???

Yes that is right. If someone withdraws then everyone below that point moves up one place with your first alternate then becoming your prediction for 6th place.

Jennifer

On the Ice
Reminder: There are only a few more days left to get your prediction in. The deadline is January 4th.

Blade1

On the Ice
Oooh this is great !! I took part in the contest last year, thanks Jennifer for taking the time and doing it again this year :)