Anna Pogorilaya | Page 41 | Golden Skate

Anna Pogorilaya

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Happy birthday to my birthday twin! What a gift to me to see you skate so well in person! Here's to a great year for both of us! :party2:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anna is my bday twin too :hb: :cheer: It's a great day I tell ya! I wonder if she'll do some shows this summer?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Triple Birthday party here in Anna's thread! Happy Birthday Sam-Skwantch and Mrs. P! :hap57: :hb:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Arrrrgh!!!! Can't believe I missed wishing a Happy Birthday to my little firecracker!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

I hope you had an enjoyable day, and that the next year is a good one for you, both on and off the ice!

And may your recent podium finish at Worlds be a sign of things to come! :biggrin:

Happy Birthday Anna, may you have a long career like Butyrskaya or Kostner

Couldn't agree more! :points:

But, I would prefer if Anna developed the consistency of Maria. At the moment she seems to have the consistency of Carolina, and I've already been on that rollercoaster journey once...!

now that she's 18, can we call her sexy now ?

I've been waiting a long time to be able to do that without feeling guilty! ;) :devil:

Happy birthday to my birthday twin! What a gift to me to see you skate so well in person! Here's to a great year for both of us! :party2:

Anna is my bday twin too :hb: :cheer: It's a great day I tell ya! I wonder if she'll do some shows this summer?

And happy belated birthday to both of you as well! Hope you both had an enjoyable day.

CaroLiza_fan

Alex D

Record Breaker
Looks like I am a bit late to the party :sad21:, but somehow I did not get an invitation this time :rolleye:

So happy Birthday young lady, my 18th birthday almost ended up in a fire, so I hope yours was more relaxed :p and that you indeed danced Tango there ;)

Not sure if this was posted yet, but an interview that Evgenia and Anna did, was recently posted. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2NAl3U0i1A I think that Anna just looks stunning :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXBaHcvjXaY - new big interview with Anna.

I have to say that Anna looking so open and confident now. Two months ago she was so shy, and now she is looking so adult and mature. Amazing.

ps. BD pic: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEEyBREDCCm/?taken-by=annapogorilaya
She does sound like more relaxed and open. A little giggling, some mischievous snarky lines, some good healthy sense of humor. Very positive mind, not so shy and closed as in those big tv studios like last few days. Looks very happy after her birthday party (yesterday?). At the same time some of her thoughts sound already so mature and wise. She is coming across as very respectful to other skaters and to her couch.

She gave some honest remarks about her early attempts in figure skating, how her coach practically raised and nurtured her from very young age, and few interesting snippets of her relationship with her couch Tsareva. Multiple time she repeated nice words about how she respects and values/appreciates Tsareva.

Well, they started their careers together 13-14 years ago: Anna Pogorilaya started figure skating, and Tsareva started her coaching career - apparently, Anna was her first student. 14 years together and still rolling. :)

Anna mentioned few words of huge respects and tributes to TAT for occasional motherly advises every now and than. She acknowledged that it's hard to find a more wise and knowledgeable FS expert and just a kind person as TAT herself.

Radio hosts seems to be very friendly and laid back chatty bunch, so Anna was more open, less shy and less icy. Looked very self-contained, all smiley and actually relieved after long and rather successful season. Oh, well bonze at Europeans and Worlds, bronze at Russian Nationals. Not too shabby in Gran Prix series as well.

I liked her quote at the end about that she liked that Russian Skating Federation made extra accent on developing technique (of jumps) before, but at the same time now they are additionally pushing and asking all Russian coaches for targeting younger female students towards more elegant and feminine skating skills.

At the very end she briefly mentioned about all those new younger skaters coming up to compete on a Russian scene, thus it motivates her to improve her skating and to work even more, because she already feels "a bit too old..." *she giggled and added* "...at my 18 y.o." :D

She also (as many other Russian girls) specifically mentioned how she adores Carolina Kostner skating. Seems like "Russian taste" is a very Koster'ique one, since I heard many other Russians saying very same thing.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thank you so much! I have her OP updated btw, but I do wish we had a video of Anna saying her name!

Last edited: