Jason Brown | Page 155 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I have not seen this before, I am sorry if it is a double post, the USFA *second* blooper reel, where Jason adorably (of course he's adorable) says it's easier when he has someone telling him what to say in an ear-microphone. And who is the guy who can't spell hippopotamus? He's cute too. I guess I need to learn more skaters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5XQZ0-zEcA

Still say we never say an *actual* get to know me squib from Jason.

Although not complaining at all about your post here, I did add the second blooper vid to The Edge thread when it first was published.

Anyway, Doug Razzano is the speller. And yes :), he is on my long list of impossible-to-dislike Team USA guys.

Thx for an excuse to watch the video again. All the skaters (female and male) are so darn cute :).

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Although not complaining at all about your post here, I did add the second blooper vid to The Edge thread when it first was published.

Anyway, Doug Razzano is the speller. And yes :), he is on my long list of impossible-to-dislike Team USA guys.

Thx for an excuse to watch the video again. All the skaters (female and male) are so darn cute :).

You are always on the case, Golden, so I thought you would have posted it ... and maybe I saw it, at my age, I can't remember. ;) I found it when I went to look at your post of the latest USFA promotional vid.

I'll guess I'll go all jingoistic, we do have an adorable (I keep using that word) of USA skating guys.:cheer:

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Posted by Gracie Gold on instagram:

graciegold95
⭐️Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them, but you know they are always there⭐❤️@jasonbskates❤️

Jason and Gracie

AWWW!

LRK

Record Breaker
Aww, that's adorable! :)

(The sentiment - alas, I cannot see the photo - but I'm sure that's adorable too. :) )

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Aww, that's adorable! :)

(The sentiment - alas, I cannot see the photo - but I'm sure that's adorable too. :) )

Are you saying that you cannot open the Instagram link?

If so, have you tried looking at the Twitter feed of icenetwork's skater list on its home page? The widget that icenetwork uses automatically displays Instagram photos without the need to click on anything. (Or at least it is true for my PC.)

If you look there now, you won't have to scroll down too far. At the moment, Gracie's tweet and photo are the eighth posting.

LRK

Record Breaker
Are you saying that you cannot open the Instagram link?

If so, have you tried looking at the Twitter feed of icenetwork's skater list on its home page? The widget that icenetwork uses automatically displays Instagram photos without the need to click on anything. (Or at least it is true for my PC.)

If you look there now, you won't have to scroll down too far. At the moment, Gracie's tweet and photo are the eighth posting.

Thanks for pointing me to the Icenetwork twitter feed - I didn't know about it! And I found the Gracie/Jason photo - adorable ineed.:)

@el henry - I'm glad if anything works for me on our old computer these days... I tried your link, it didn't work, but thanks for trying. :)

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Great tweet from Jackie Wong of the Examiner today:

Just heard Juke (aka Jason Brown's short program music) at a BBQ joint; now I can't eat my ribs w/o seeing 3flip3toes. #figureskaterproblems
https://twitter.com/examinerskating/status/574707039093440512

At least he didn't say "w/o seeing sprinkler":laugh:

Love it! :laugh:

I too relive his programs in my mind whenever I hear the music (even the sprinkler). ;)

When he stops skating, Jason should join Michelle Kwan in the State Department as an international sports ambassador. Yesterday he tweeted congratulations in Japanese and Chinese:

Jason Brown @jasonbskates
Congrats to these two!!! Awesome job yesterday! #WJCTallinn JPN おめでとう!きのうのしあい、とてもすばらしかったです! CHN 祝贺这两位! 昨天的自由滑比赛太棒了!

Young Jason, Shoma and Jin

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

I too relive his programs in my mind whenever I hear the music (even the sprinkler). ;)

When he stops skating, Jason should join Michelle Kwan in the State Department as an international sports ambassador. Yesterday he tweeted congratulations in Japanese and Chinese:

Congrats to these two!!! Awesome job yesterday! #WJCTallinn JPN おめでとう!きのうのしあい、とてもすばらしかったです! CHN 祝贺这两位! 昨天的自由滑比赛太棒了!

Jason is such a great sport! Shoma and Boyang both have beat Jason in the past -- Boyang had beat Jason at a JGP event earlier in the season (2012-2013). And Shoma, of course, beat Jason at 4CC.

It's really nice that he is so respectful of other skaters and their talents.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Thx for posting! When I first saw on Twitter yesterday, I didn't realize that the second half was Chinese (flag should have been a clue: duh!:hopelessness:) and put the entire non-English tweet in Bing for Japanese. I kept getting that the last sentence meant "heavenly slider ratio". Now *there's* a figure skating move.:laugh2:

TMC

Record Breaker
Thx for posting! When I first saw on Twitter yesterday, I didn't realize that the second half was Chinese (flag should have been a clue: duh!:hopelessness:) and put the entire non-English tweet in Bing for Japanese. I kept getting that the last sentence meant "heavenly slider ratio". Now *there's* a figure skating move.:laugh2:

:laugh2:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
What does Jasons fan thread do back on the 2nd page? You're all slacking off! :biggrin: ;)

Since some of you like to read statistics too... I can give you some numbers to something we all already know: Jason is the best spinner of the senior men :cheer:
He hit level 4 on 95,8% of his spins, never getting lower than level 3. Besides Kozuka, nobody else managed to get at least level 3 all the time. The next highest succession rate is also 80%! That's quite a big margin... In case that's a surprise for anyone else: that 80% belongs to Voronov. Not the guy I would have thought of first!
His average in +GOE is 0,93 - when the highest you could have scored here is 1,5. That's really high - it means on average, he gets +2's! He also has a pretty big cushion over 2nd place again: next highest average is 0,775 Care to take a guess who that belongs to?

Also, I went through most of the competitions this season (GPs+GPF, 4CC, Euros, Golden Spin, Warsaw Cup, Volvo Cup, SC Autumn Classic, US Classic, Finlandia, Nebelhorn, Ondrej Nepala) and looked for the highest rated spin per type.
Jason is the only guy to get a perfect 1,5: for his CCSp in his Nebelhorn LP. In case anyone wants to be a party pooper and say 'oh, but that's just a senior B, GOE are inflated anyway!' - okay, have the second highest rated spin of the season: Jasons CCSp in his 4CC LP with a nice 1,43 (meaning, two judges wanted to be party poopers too and spoiled the fun with their +2's). He also has the highest scoring CCSp with 1,07 and is tied for highest FCSp with Adam Rippon with a 1. Those last GOE by the way are from his 4CC SP. And people say the quad attempt might have made the judges "like" Jason less - haha :biggrin:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Whether the judges liked him less or not, clearly he did his spins better than ever. Which is one of the things I love about Jason! Even when his program is not going well, he never gives up on the program! It is always worth watching any Jason program :love:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks for bringing the thread back. :biggrin:

And great stats too. Sadly, I had to do stats involving my job, LOL, so not much time to do anything regarding Jason, haha! That is impressive indeed. It really helps him rack up those points. :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I think the next time someone brings up the quad question, we should counter by reminding people that Jason is currently the best spinner in senior men's :points: :biggrin: by a wide margin!

Last edited: