Jason Brown | Page 695 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Here’s another clip! There were Chinese skaters in town and I think they trained with Brian.

It’s from the mother of one of the skaters. It’s the last slide.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0dqJzxHChu/?igshid=16sl4zkdcncv8

There were Chinese skaters that that worked with Brian before. There are also resident summer cast that are from Hong Kong etc (Harrison Wong and Kahlen) who are there because they train in the summer with their full time coach Craig Heath who is a full time summer cast member. There were also other Asian skaters there working with Jeremy Barrett this week. :)

Also the music Jason skated to in the black was a special cut of "I can't go on without you" by Kaleo (Presumably his new SP) ;)
ETA: I love this new program for Jason. It's different and his skating to it is beautiful. I cannot wait to see how it develops and looks around the time of Nationals. :hap85:

noskates

Record Breaker
Eeee....not so sure about that SP music. The choreo is beautiful and he's as smooth as ever but......

I'm sure I'll get used to it (I hope)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
There were Chinese skaters that that worked with Brian before. There are also resident summer cast that are from Hong Kong etc (Harrison Wong and Kahlen) who are there because they train in the summer with their full time coach Craig Heath who is a full time summer cast member. There were also other Asian skaters there working with Jeremy Barrett this week. :)

Also the music Jason skated to in the black was a special cut of "I can't go on without you" by Kaleo (Presumably his new SP) ;)
ETA: I love this new program for Jason. It's different and his skating to it is beautiful. I cannot wait to see how it develops and looks around the time of Nationals. :hap85:

It’s so cool to see all the international skaters get good training with great skaters and enjoy Sun Valley’s beauty! Thanks for the info!

And I’m really sold on this program. I am excited to see how it develops too!

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
It’s so cool to see all the international skaters get good training with great skaters and enjoy Sun Valley’s beauty! Thanks for the info!

And I’m really sold on this program. I am excited to see how it develops too!

You're welcome! Sun Valley is amazing.

Jason was so smooth last night, smoother than I have ever seen his skating. It made me really happy and excited to see what is to come for him under Orser's tutelage. :biggrin:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks to everyone for the clips and particularly to IceRabbit for the in-person report!:clap:

And boy was I wrong guessing about the programs being retreads :laugh:

Wow, for the SP, love the footwork and the choreo, or at least what you can tell from fancams;). I still need to warm up to the song, however. Was that whistling?:disapp: But, I’m sure if we went back a year in the thread, I was equally dubious about Love is a B ****. Which turned out to be as essential as Riverdance to the Jason oeuvre, IMHO.

And a peppy pop song exhibition? As always, I’m here for it :)

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thanks to everyone for the clips and particularly to IceRabbit for the in-person report!:clap:

And boy was I wrong guessing about the programs being retreads :laugh:

Wow, for the SP, love the footwork and the choreo, or at least what you can tell from fancams;). I still need to warm up to the song, however. Was that whistling?:disapp: But, I’m sure if we went back a year in the thread, I was equally dubious about Love is a B ****. Which turned out to be as essential as Riverdance to the Jason oeuvre, IMHO.

And a peppy pop song exhibition? As always, I’m here for it :)

You're welcome! :biggrin:

You weren't totally off when saying that he would do show programs only, in the past he has at Sun Valley on Ice. ;)

Yes that was whistling. Kaleo is a very different (in a good way IMHO) artist from Iceland. It takes a little bit to get used to his voice, but I have grown to really love his music and was thrilled when Jason was practicing to it yesterday and then skated to it in the show.

Is this Rohene choreo, Jason fans? My trained eye says yes, but I am not sure if he was working on competitive programs with Rohene or not this season.

TIA!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Your trained eye is right, @IceRabbit:thumbsup: The SP is a Rohene program, SP Rohene, LP David Wilson, same division of labor as last year.:)

Jason and Ro trained in Oakland for a week in June. Rohene is doing shows in Europe, it appears, but hopefully he’ll be able to get to TCC for the necessary touch-ups.

I’m sure I will learn to love Kaleo, or at least I will for this program:biggrin:

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks everyone for today's discussion. I really like the music cut of the SP. Rohene knows how to make a program interesting and Jason knows how to interpret it so it tells a story.

I'm reminded of Jason's work in progress video with Rohene from June:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByvkACjHBah/

I haven't compared it against yesterday's performance to see how many improvements Jason made since then ...

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Thanks everyone for today's discussion. I really like the music cut of the SP. Rohene knows how to make a program interesting and Jason knows how to interpret it so it tells a story.

I'm reminded of Jason's work in progress video with Rohene from June:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByvkACjHBah/

I haven't compared it against yesterday's performance to see how many improvements Jason made since then ...

At the very least Ro will have to agree he’s improved his spins. :)

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Let’s face it, anything would be an improvement on what he did in that clip. :devil:

I think Jason's brain is so totally taken up by trying to remember the choreo, that the actual movements are secondary. Once he's got the choreo memorized, then he starts to really skate. And poor Ro knows he's got one week or less before they have to go their separate ways, so he wants to see what it looks like RIGHT NOW. That clip was really funny.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, I have to admit I like skating through Idaho better than some of the “dancing through” videos. ;)

And at least for those of us who have never taken lessons or competed: we are all Steve Brown on rental skates:laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh thanks, I didn't know you can't do the 3A in combination in the SP.

I know the 3A is not his best jump - even if it seems to me it's become so much better and more stable during the last season - but I hope he will put it in the second half unless it is a disavantage points-wise. There's a big difference in points between 3Z+3T and 3A?

Actually, technically you can do a 3A in combination in the SP - as long as you do a solo 2A. So you could, but there's not really a reason why you would.

I'm reserving my feelings about the SP for now until I see it in competition. My initial thought is that it doesn't grab me as intensely as Love is a *****, and it's almost too slow for my liking in the beginning. But we'll see. I did like the footwork.

I'm gathering my tissues for the FS debut, though.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I'm reserving my feelings about the SP for now until I see it in competition. My initial thought is that it doesn't grab me as intensely as Love is a *****, and it's almost too slow for my liking in the beginning. But we'll see. I did like the footwork.

That was my first impression of the Piano FP, when I saw some sort of a run through video during a training session. The music seemed too quiet and subdued to be anything epic. Then the second time was on location during Nepela 2015, saw it skated right in front of my eyes. My first impression couldn't have been any "wronger" !!!
So, it's defo better to wait until we witness it being skated in a proper competition. :agree: