Jason Brown | Page 697 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I’m gonna say either Lombardia (cause he loves that competition) or US Classic.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Autumn Classic seems to be out for Jason since Camden is the only U.S. male listed. What Challenger is he most likely to get? Lombardia? US Classic? Nebelhorn?

OW MY GAWD !!!!!! :eek::hap85::hap93: But I am not saying anything I ain't knocking on any wood!!!!!

The suspense is killing me now!!! :drama:

Ross74

Medalist
I’m gonna say either Lombardia (cause he loves that competition) or US Classic.

I hope he goes to Lombardia for that reason, but for some reason I'm thinking it might be US Classic.

MGStyle :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: And Zaki! Hope you get your wish!

MGstyle

Medalist
D'aww thank you @Ross74 :luv17: He did say he was really disappointed not getting Lombardia last year, at the M&G in Grenoble!!! Honestly Nepela is also fine with me just as well, I really loved it there 4 years ago, and flights and accommodation will be no problem there. At this point I am praying he won't go to Nebelhorn, which is almost as inaccessible from Rome as ACI!!! :pray:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, this is unexpected;) I wonder if Jason wants a little more time to perfect his programs?

I hope for the sake of our friends in Italy that it is “Shombardia”:biggrin:

MGstyle

Medalist
Well, this is unexpected;) I wonder if Jason wants a little more time to perfect his programs?

I hope for the sake of our friends in Italy that it is “Shombardia”:biggrin:

Unfortunately Shoma will be doing Finlandia this year, which was also a surprise for lots of us. And Finlandia is pretty unlikely for Jason, as it is just a week before Skate America. So no Jashoma moment for a while so it seems... :sad4: But Tomoki will be coming to Bergamo instead, I can see a great compatibility of personalities there, he could be Jason's new buddy :yes2:

Oh Geez I seem to have subliminally decided that we will see Jason in Bergamo :palmf: Keep calm keep calm keep calm....

Tavi...

Record Breaker
@MGstyle, how do you know Tomoki will be in Bergamo - did I miss an announcement?

Regarding Jason, I think Lombardia is a possibility, but his assignment may depend on Nathan and Vincent. If one or both of them opt out of US Classic due to school, I can see USFS assigning Jason there (though they could also assign Alex Krasnozhon).

Now that Jason is training at sea level, I kinda don’t like the idea of US Classic for him because of the SLC altitude (4000+ feet). On the other hand, Las Vegas is also at altitude (though only about 2000 feet) so maybe US Classic would help his preparation for Skate America. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

But considering that Autumn Classic seems like the obvious choice in terms of convenience for Brian/Tracy, I feel like there’s got to be some compelling reason not to assign Jason there (which could be that USFS really wants him at US Classic, Jason really wants Lombardia, or one of Lombardia / Nepela / Nebelhorn fit best for Brian /Tracy’s schedules given that they have to coordinate schedules for multiple TCC skaters).

MGstyle

Medalist
@Tavi I can't remember exactly where I saw it, but Japanese Fed released the assignments for Challengers some time ago. (likewise Hanyu to ACI, Uno to Finlandia) Tomoki was assigned to Lombardia. If I find it I will add a link to it.

Looking at the past record, Jason did include at least one competition on this side of the pond every season so far. So there goes my hope... but of course we can only wait and see what happens.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
@Tavi I can't remember exactly where I saw it, but Japanese Fed released the assignments for Challengers some time ago. (likewise Hanyu to ACI, Uno to Finlandia) Tomoki was assigned to Lombardia. If I find it I will add a link to it.

Looking at the past record, Jason did include at least one competition on this side of the pond every season so far. So there goes my hope... but of course we can only wait and see what happens.

Tomoki skates for the US, not Japan. Maybe you mean Kazuki Tomono or one of the other Japanese guys?

Regarding Jason, I wouldn’t give up all hope yet! :) He has said he loves Lombardia, and if it’s a question of juggling Challengers for Jason and Evgenia (who has test skates in early September in Moscow) a European event would totally make sense. And Tomoki (the US skater) could go to US Classic.

MGstyle

Medalist
Oh sheeesh I did mean Kazuki Tomono. Their names are so, so confusing lol...

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, since Jason has the first GP, it seems logical that he should have an early Challenger....

so, we have Lombardia and US Classic fighting it out:biggrin: If it is Lombardia, I doubt either Brian or Tracy would go, since it coincides with ACI. But Jason did fine with Karen Preston last year;)

Hasn't the US traditionally sent more than one man to the US Classic? So, it could be that if Nathan and Vincent are passing on the Challenger series, it's Jason's turn. :scratch2: If only I'd known, I would have run down Alex K. in Philadelphia (pretty much the only senior man I didn't run down, but only because I didn't see him:laugh:) to ask if he'd been assigned a Challenger.

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Well, since Jason has the first GP, it seems logical that he should have an early Challenger....

so, we have Lombardia and US Classic fighting it out:biggrin: If it is Lombardia, I doubt either Brian or Tracy would go, since it coincides with ACI. But Jason did fine with Karen Preston last year;)

Hasn't the US traditionally sent more than one man to the US Classic? So, it could be that if Nathan and Vincent are passing on the Challenger series, it's Jason's turn. :scratch2: If only I'd known, I would have run down Alex K. in Philadelphia (pretty much the only senior man I didn't run down, but only because I didn't see him:laugh:) to ask if he'd been assigned a Challenger.

Yes, USFS often sends 2-3 guys to US Classic, and if you recall, Jason won it in 2016. So there are quite a few guys they could send, not just Jason.

The TCC schedule for Sept must be giving them headaches. There are two TCC juniors at JGP Riga Sept 4-7 (Tracy? Ghislain?) and Evgenia has test skates in Moscow Sept 7-8 (probably Brian). She may also want to do a Challenger. The question is where Jason, Jun, and Conrad fit. If Jun and Conrad are both with Yuzu at ACI, I could see Ghislain and Brian with them, and maybe Evgenia and Jason at Lombardia with Tracy.

Who knows. :)

MGstyle

Medalist
According to the announcement from Russia, Zhenya is allocated to Nebelhorn. So it's also not excluded that Jason will be assigned there along with her. Oh, dear :drama:

Zaki

On the Ice
According to the announcement from Russia, Zhenya is allocated to Nebelhorn. So it's also not excluded that Jason will be assigned there along with her. Oh, dear :drama:

But her partecipation at Shanghai Trophy (3-5 Oct.) has been confirmed so it's unlikely she is going to Nebelhorn because it will be too close to that event. (25-28 Sept.)

Russian test skates are on Sept 7-8, so Lombardia would be a perfect fit for both of them. She could rest a couple days in Russia and be with her family and then join Jason at Lombardia! :luv17::luv17::biggrin:

Yoa

On the Ice
I'm a bit sad because I was hoping to see her and Jason together again this season but it makes sense to have her doing ACI. :sad21:
Sooo... Jason will be without any other TCC skater for his Challenger...

Last year Junhwan did 2 challangers. Conrad might do more than one :)

Zaki

On the Ice
Last year Junhwan did 2 challangers. Conrad might do more than one :)

You're right! Plus, both Jun and Jason are going to SA so they definitely can be assigned to the same Challenger. And Conrad has only 1 GP so he could do more than 1 challenger.

MGstyle

Medalist
Conrad and Junwhan are both in for ACI. Not sure at this point that Zhenya will be at Nebelhorn after ACI, so looks like Jason will be the sole representative of TCC wherever he goes. :(