Gracie Gold | Page 85 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold

macy

Record Breaker

wow, thanks for sharing this. never seen this article before.

this gives a lot of insight into what Gracie's mental and physical shape were like when she went to Vincent, and how much work truly went into just seriously showing up to compete at regionals. i like her crawl, walk, run mentality to getting back into shape and training. she is right- you have to be in *some* sort of shape first to even begin spending more time on the ice and then jumping, spinning, and eventually training.

i noticed this NYT article linked off the one you shared that digs deeper into her mental health from January 2019. what a scary place she was in. i'd love to hear her do an interview on her current mental state sometime soon, maybe she will do one after nationals when things calm down. this quote really stood out to me- "Being an elite athlete, she said, meant pushing 'past the border of being normal and into the realm of insanity.'" honestly what a BRAVE girl she is...wow.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/25/sports/gracie-gold-figure-skating-.html

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
I hope that no matter how Gracie skates at nationals that she gets a standing ovation. She has been through stuff that no one should have to go through. She is truly a fighter and she is an inspiration for so many people. Reading those articles was really hard, so I can’t imagine actually living through all of that. Gracie is such an inspiration.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
wow, thanks for sharing this. never seen this article before.

this gives a lot of insight into what Gracie's mental and physical shape were like when she went to Vincent, and how much work truly went into just seriously showing up to compete at regionals. i like her crawl, walk, run mentality to getting back into shape and training. she is right- you have to be in *some* sort of shape first to even begin spending more time on the ice and then jumping, spinning, and eventually training.

i noticed this NYT article linked off the one you shared that digs deeper into her mental health from January 2019. what a scary place she was in. i'd love to hear her do an interview on her current mental state sometime soon, maybe she will do one after nationals when things calm down. this quote really stood out to me- "Being an elite athlete, she said, meant pushing 'past the border of being normal and into the realm of insanity.'" honestly what a BRAVE girl she is...wow.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/25/sports/gracie-gold-figure-skating-.html

I wish I had known you hadn’t seen it. I would have linked it. That came out during Nationals. I went into the FOFS breakfast, everyone’s talking about Alysa, I see Jamie and I’m like “Did you see the NYT article on Gracie? She’s SO BRAVE!”
I’m a mess LOL.

Did you see the GMA interviews?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope that no matter how Gracie skates at nationals that she gets a standing ovation. She has been through stuff that no one should have to go through. She is truly a fighter and she is an inspiration for so many people. Reading those articles was really hard, so I can’t imagine actually living through all of that. Gracie is such an inspiration.

She will get 2 standing ovations from me, plus a homemade flower crown (which should scare anyone). And all the stuffies. All of them.

lusterfan

Final Flight
According to TSL, it seems like Gracie has left her coach Vincent! Can't say I'm surprised as there was something that just felt off with their coaching situation. I hope she finds herself a good coaching team and make a determined stride toward Nationals!

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Hoping this means she already has someone else in mind to go to :yay:

lusterfan

Final Flight
Omg Ravi! He worked so well with Kaetlyn, and I feel like Gracie and Kaetlyn are pretty similar in their big jumps and fast skating.

And I believe TSL mentioned Gracie's working with Pasha and Alex right now. I have no idea who they are, but it might Oksana Grishuk (Pasha) who coaches in Anaheim, California? Unsure if this is a permanent move either, but it's good that she has someone to work with heading toward Nationals.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to TSL, it seems like Gracie has left her coach Vincent! Can't say I'm surprised as there was something that just felt off with their coaching situation. I hope she finds herself a good coaching team and make a determined stride toward Nationals!

I thought their coaching situation was great and he quite literally saved her life. Also, I totally don’t think TSL is any sort of reliable source. Why would either of them contact TSL when he’s been so crummy to both of them?

Wombat1800

On the Ice
Omg Ravi! He worked so well with Kaetlyn, and I feel like Gracie and Kaetlyn are pretty similar in their big jumps and fast skating.

And I believe TSL mentioned Gracie's working with Pasha and Alex right now. I have no idea who they are, but it might Oksana Grishuk (Pasha) who coaches in Anaheim, California? Unsure if this is a permanent move either, but it's good that she has someone to work with heading toward Nationals.

Pasha and Alex are the other coaches at IceWorks. I'm still a bit confused, if she has left Vincent, is she finding a new rink, or is she staying at IceWorks but just not working with Vincent anymore?

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
I thought their coaching situation was great and he quite literally saved her life. Also, I totally don’t think TSL is any sort of reliable source. Why would either of them contact TSL when he’s been so crummy to both of them?

I've not heard this "news" anywhere else.
TSL are not reliable and are basically full of it most of the time.
Should rebrand themselves The Speculation Lesson, because they seem to be more bothered about that than what happens on the ice.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pasha and Alex are the other coaches at IceWorks. I'm still a bit confused, if she has left Vincent, is she finding a new rink, or is she staying at IceWorks but just not working with Vincent anymore?

Literally all we have is an unconfirmed rumor from TSL that Gracie is no longer with Vincent. Literally. Nothing on either Vincent’s or Gracies social media. They still follow each other. I will wait for an official statement. If one comes then we will know.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
TSL is usually pretty reliable with this kind of news - for example they broke the story about Jason’s move to TCC - and they stated it was confirmed.

In this picture posted by Gracie from sectionals she’s with Pasha and Alex, not with Vincent:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B49OGSTHc-0/?igshid=oqp3bc52zc6a

I’m hoping that Gracie’s time with Vincent was great for her, but I’m happy she’s moved on.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don’t know why everyone is so anxious for her to leave Vincent. If she hadn’t gone to him we literally would not be having this discussion. She’d be coaching in Arizona or elsewhere or doing something else.

Arbitrary

Medalist

There is no such person Pasha Grischuk.

Oksana Grischuk, the well known ID skater turned coach, once mentioned in her interview she adores her grandma (Praskovija [Paraskeva in Greek], aka Pasha) so much that though to change her 1st name once. Journalists had understood the wrong way and someone changed her registry in IOC/ISU, so she skated under the name Pasha in 1998.

In Russian the name Pasha is shortened version of the male name Pavel (like Paul).
The shortened version of Praskovija is not used today as being too close to some unwelcome term from Russian prisoners slang.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I think you need to trust Gracie to make the right decisions for herself, for the right reasons. Remember that what you see on Instagram may not reflect full truth of a relationship.