Ashley Wagner decries Russian anti-gay law | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ashley Wagner decries Russian anti-gay law

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
whose to say female circumcision is the only act of mutilation maybe in men it is acceptable because of proven health reasons
but yet in some democratic countries that propose to ban circumcision, many will be against it, so which is the democratic. as I have said a million times
those new 90%+ approval for the bill got to themselves and have only the LGBT in Russia to blame. had they not resort to scandalous and hooliganism in public or a lesser protest forms maybe they would have gotten a bigger sympathy in their country, remember those teddy bear protests in Belarus ?

Plushy has a realistic chance if he can compete in Sochi
in Team and with by sheer luck can podium at men's singles :)

That 90% approval for the bill is a ridiculous stat. Obviously if you ask people if they support the bill they will say yes, because it's illegal to show support of LGBT people. When you make it illegal to have an opinion that is contrary, you're about as much of a democracy as North Korea.

Miller has about as much of a chance as Plushenko - not very good, but not to be entirely counted out. Not to mention, he's won his Olympic gold medal more recently than Plushenko, and at the age of 31.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
That 90% approval for the bill is a ridiculous stat. Obviously if you ask people if they support the bill they will say yes, because it's illegal to show support of LGBT people. When you make it illegal to have an opinion that is contrary, you're about as much of a democracy as North Korea.

Miller has a realistic chance too. Not to mention, he's won his Olympic gold medal more recently than Plushenko, and at the age of 31.

90%+ is almost accurate. It comes from decades of segregation. until now gay is considered a pedophilia in Russia.
it is the most disliked people in Russia then drunks. the large portion goes to the LGBT

Miller who ?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
90%+ is almost accurate. It comes from decades of segregation. until now gay is considered a pedophilia in Russia.
it is the most disliked people in Russia then drunks. the large portion goes to the LGBT

Miller who ?

Bode Miller - a 5 time Olympic medalist in skiing, including a gold and silver in Vancouver. Considered the greatest American skiier of all time, and one of the best skiiers of all time.

Also, how is gay considered "a pedophilia"? Most pedophiles are straight and I don't see how two consenting adults, regardless of gender is pedophilia. Those who consider gay to be equivalent to pedophilia are just plain ignorant.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Also, how is gay considered "a pedophilia"? Most pedophiles are straight and I don't see how two consenting adults, regardless of gender is pedophilia. Those who consider gay to be equivalent to pedophilia are just plain ignorant.

Many pedophiles love young boys. Why do you call people who love young boys straight?:confused:

The majority in the USA also condoned slavery and segregation. Majority rule should not be allowed to determine civil rights. The definition of a democracy is that "the majority rules, but the RIGHTS OF THE MINORITY SHOULD BE RESPECTED." Of course, by your tone, it seems that you don't live in a democratic nation, or worse, you don't believe in democracy.

Why are you all so crazy now just because you have lost access and influence to the Russian children?!:rolleye: Not all cultures condone the western value. In fact, the vast majority countries in the whole wide world see such western value as a decayed value. So live with it!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
first stop calling me a dude im a girl.

not to jump in and speak for anyone, but when I use the term "dude" I'm not talking gender most of the time... "Dude, chill" is an expression that is gender neutral.

Taan

On the Ice
US skater Ashley Wagner slams Russia's anti-gay law - VIDEO
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2013/oct/01/olympics-ashley-wagner-russia-gay-video
American figure skater Ashley Wagner hopes to be a voice for Russia's gay community at next year's Winter Olympics in Sochi. The skater has condemned the treatment of gay, lesbian, and transsexual people in Russia, who have been subject to a state crackdown in recent months. Wagner says although she can't stop the community's plight, she wants to be a symbol of hope for LGBT people all over Russia

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
^ This, Tonichelle.

Many pedophiles love young boys. Why do you call people who love young boys straight?:confused:

I can't imagine how your brain processed my statement to reach that insinuation. I was saying, statistically, the vast majority of pedophiles are straight. So attributing pedophilia as a "gay" thing is not only offensive but it isn't even accurate.

Also, pedophilia is loving children, and is an act that isn't inherently tied to sexual orientation. I hate stating the obvious, but for you it might be necessary: not all pedophiles are men and not all like young boys. Male pedophiles like boys and/or girls, female pedophiles like boys and/or girls. It is the nature of the child being a child that attracts the pedophile, not their gender.

Apparently, with your lifetime subscription to Gender Norms magazine, I suppose you're also one of those people who thinks that men can't be raped by women. :rolleye:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I can't imagine how your brain processed my statement to reach that insinuation. I was saying, statistically, the vast majority of pedophiles are straight. So attributing pedophilia as a "gay" thing is not only offensive but it isn't even accurate.

If I'm not mistaken, you've mentioned before that Sandusky was straight. That's where my comment's coming from when you rejected again about the relationship between the two groups of people. I agree that some pedophiles are straight. So what?! They are ugly straight people! No matter they are straight or gay, if they are pedophiles, they are equally disgusting. To argue because they are straight so there is nothing to do with gay people is just missing the point. Most pedophiles were with young boys. Of course, I do not dismiss that there are some exceptions.

Most pedophiles were with young boys.

I don't think that is correct at all. According to the National Center for Victims of Crimes, 1 in 5 girls and 1 in 10 to 20 boys are victims sexual abuse. A different study quoted by Wikipedia puts the percentages at 19.7% for girls and 7.9 for boys. In any case, girls are more than twice as ijkely to be the prey of this kind of crime than boys are.

http://www.victimsofcrime.org/media/reporting-on-child-sexual-abuse/child-sexual-abuse-statistics

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker

Is it hurting too much to admit that the fact is that the vast majority of the Russian people are agreeing with this law?!

ghislaine

Rinkside
Why are you all so crazy now just because you have lost access and influence to the Russian children?!:rolleye: Not all cultures condone the western value. In fact, the vast majority countries in the whole wide world see such western value as a decayed value. So live with it!

How dare you.

Homosexuality is not a "Western value." Homosexuality is not some degenerate misfiring of the synapses that only occurs in Westerners and it is incredibly insulting to imply such. People are gay in the west, and in Russia, and all over the world and have been for THOUSANDS OF YEARS. Deal with it.

"Access and influence to Russian children" - you do realize that some of those children might be gay, right? Or might be bisexual, or transgender, or otherwise not heterosexual, and with this law they've lost access to support from a larger community? I myself realized I was gay when I was eleven, and if not for some crucial support from my school's GSA group and my (married, lesbian, out and proud) math teacher, I might not have survived high school. Oh, but of course, you don't mean access to the community - you seem to be under the impression that all gays are pedophiles. Wonderful.

I'm actually shaking typing this, I'm so angry. How dare you dismiss this as a mere issue of east vs west. How dare you denigrate all gays as pedophiles. People like you are why I'm afraid to be open with myself. People like you get people killed.

Ashley Wagner is one of my new heroes. She didn't have to speak out. She knows her federation wants her to shut up about this, she knows that she might get in trouble if she says anything about it, and despite that she is saying something, and saying that she is exploring her options for doing something, and that is absolutely wonderful. More power to her.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
not to jump in and speak for anyone, but when I use the term "dude" I'm not talking gender most of the time... "Dude, chill" is an expression that is gender neutral.

maybe its an American slang thing, but I think its a bit disturbing to be called a dude.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Why are you all so crazy now just because you have lost access and influence to the Russian children?!:rolleye: Not all cultures condone the western value. In fact, the vast majority countries in the whole wide world see such western value as a decayed value. So live with it![/QUOTE]

You are so gullible and delusional. This "cultural" issue only became an issue when Putin needed to distract the restless masses from the huge economic problems besetting Russia. This is nothing more than an echo of what Hitler did to distract the German population from the German economic crisis of the 30s.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
You are so gullible and delusional. This "cultural" issue only became an issue when Putin needed to distract the restless masses from the huge economic problems besetting Russia. This is nothing more than an echo of what Hitler did to distract the German population from the German economic crisis of the 30s.

wow, and next thing you'll know they'll gas them ?
this has no bearing whatsoever to Nazism. Nazism rose in Germany because of the economic problems in the 1930's
which was used by Hitler was his platform with his cahoots not because as a distraction

btw, one thing I noticed is the western countries obsession with Russia
other countries they can put a blind eye but this one gets a life monitor, lol

reminds me of the recent Miss World news, they had huge pressure from Islamists and even the Governemnt asked
to cancel Bikinis in favor of 1 piece sarongs, what you are witnessing is a culture clash, Western is not = World
isn't women's rights as equal as gay rights ? yet no western country protested of course :sarcasm:

Matilda

Medalist
Bluebonnet, your argument is illogical. Statistics show that most pedophiles are heterosexual men. The fact that some of them prefer boys to girls is beside the point: a pedophile is sexually attracted to children (while often living in a heterosexual relationship), who are in no position to consent. It is--as you said--disgusting, and also a crime. Pedophilia has absolutely nothing to do with two consenting adults having a sexual relationship with one another, and our equating homosexuality with it is extremely offensive, mean spirited, and simply wrong.