Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 274 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

monwara

Rinkside
I found on Twitter that

@tati_firebird /@xam_trankov will withdraw from NHK Trophy #GPNagano as coach N. Mozer just told me. Tanja has a foot injury. Get well soon!

So sorry for this news, but her health is very important. Get well soon.

Nessie

On the Ice

Thanks for sending this press interview.

But I have to say I was disappointed that Max didn’t offer the microphone to Tanya for at least a few words. Though I liked what Max said, wouldn’t it be basic courtesy, as well as a sign of his love and affection, to hear some of Tanya’s thoughts and impressions? Isn’t she a good part of the reason they won the Olympics? I thought it was very noticeable that of the six people at the table, only Tanya didn’t get a chance to speak. I know Max’s English is a bit better, but Tanya’s English is quite good. And I’m sure we have all observed that that she often defers to him, and maybe she shouldn’t, but he could keep that from happening by being generous and kind and making it easy for her to have a few moments of her own with the press. I’m afraid some of his views of a woman’s place are not very enlightened…. But she’s not just any woman -- she is the woman he has chosen to cherish, yet he gives her little chance to participate. I can only repeat, it was disappointing to see this.

saray

Rinkside
did you not see how in beginning of press she puts the micros deliberately in front of him far from her? don't judge max on this, tati was never a talker

i'm sad i can't see them at barcelona but health is most important.

anyanka

Record Breaker
did you not see how in beginning of press she puts the micros deliberately in front of him far from her? don't judge max on this, tati was never a talker

i'm sad i can't see them at barcelona but health is most important.

I think that's about right. When NBC interviewed them in their profile for the Sochi pairs FS, they gave them equal time and yes, her English is quite accomplished as well. I remember reading when she was in Germany training with Morozov and S/S, she struggled with German so I'm guessing she got by with English. Perhaps she's a bit shy, and she understands that of the two, her husband is the diva in the family (not a diss, I say it with affection for them both).

eli60056

On the Ice
I have noticed that when she wants to say something, she finds a way. She doesn't at all strike me as the deferring type. On the contrary, all she wants, she gets in the end. Max says she is the manager in their team. May be he is the PR in the team. May be she doesn't feel like talking immediately after a program, they have always been so close, they must have long decided between themselves who does what.
For the particular case of TEB, I think she did not feel all that well. Her smile was a bit forced in general, starting with the K&C. Most likely she was bothered by that injury, so could be that the last thing she wanted was to be put on the spot to talk. :)

Nessie

On the Ice
Hmm. All of your points are well taken. Yes, I did see that she moved the mikes toward Max, as if let him know that she didn’t feel like speaking. And what she wants, she gets? Yes, that appears to be quite true too. (Look at her handsome husband and don’t forget that wedding dress!) And yes, her smile was slightly forced – the press were taking so many pictures with those flash guns, or whatever, it was really too much and probably tiring. And that she knows who is the diva – you’ve got that so right!

So, I’m glad to hear other points of view. And there can be great strength in quiet behavior -- I guess I just want to hear from both of them, as much as it’s possible.

The news of her injury is really a bummer. I guess all that impact finally catches up with many skaters.

HermioneG

On the Ice
I think Tanya just wasn't in the mood to talk to press (she was injured, and she made small mistaked - in doesn't matter for us, but it could matter for her - you know she is a perfectionist). So I think it's a way Max protect her.

monwara

Rinkside
I think Tanya just wasn't in the mood to talk to press (she was injured, and she made small mistaked - in doesn't matter for us, but it could matter for her - you know she is a perfectionist). So I think it's a way Max protect her.

Agree with you. In Nebelhorn, Tanya spoke more and she's really cute. I think she may be not in the mood because of injury and performance.

I read an interview long time ago. Maxim said that Tanya is the one who decide where to go and what to do. I think they have their own role, Tanya is a manager, while Max is a spokesperson.

borzaya

Final Flight

Sfey

On the Ice
So sorry to hear about Tanya's injury, especially after their great performance at TEB. :( Health is the most important of course, so I hope Tanya recovers well and she doesn't push herself trying to get back to training too soon. Is it that she can do other things but not throws, or does she have to stop training altogether?

I guess their next competition would be Russian Nationals or Euros, right? At least that leaves her plenty of time to recover and train. I hope they come back strongly at their next competition!

HermioneG

On the Ice
I guess their next competition would be Russian Nationals or Euros, right? At least that leaves her plenty of time to recover and train. I hope they come back strongly at their next competition!
NM sain in interview that the injury will not prevent RN. Hope she is right.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Didn't Max say in an interview that Tatiana plans out everything by the day on a calendar? Lol She definitely seems like the organizer of the two.

Nessie

On the Ice
he said that. tati decide where they go, what clothes to wear et al.

Wow, I didn't know that! Well, her discipline has earned her a great deal of success. As someone says, she sure DOES know what she wants! And usually gets it...

Nessie

On the Ice
Who is the young man pictured on Max's instagram -- the most recent post? I should probably know, but I don't. Thanks!

borzaya

Final Flight
Who is the young man pictured on Max's instagram -- the most recent post? I should probably know, but I don't. Thanks!

This is Maxim Kovtun. I don't know why Max posted him, maybe because his face in this photo looks funny :) Anyway, some other skaters and followers are posting laughing smileys at that post, too. I guess it's some fresh photo, maybe from Rostelecom Cup where Kovtun was among the audience.